Sign in to follow this  
Jcishere98

Is There A Light At The End Of The Tunnel??

Im on the medication cipralex 10 mg, I've been on it for 38 days. Ive tried Paxil, zoloft, ativan, prozac, welbutrin, clomipramine, zyprexa, abilify, cymbalta, pristiq, seroquel, buspar, haloperidol, remeron and celexa in the past, and NONE worked for me. I have major depressive disorder and ocd with anxiety features. My doctor just prescribed a single med not a combination. im 21 years old.

Im on the medication cipralex 10 mg, I've been on it for 38 days. Ive tried Paxil, zoloft, ativan, prozac, welbutrin, clomipramine, zyprexa, abilify, cymbalta, pristiq, seroquel, buspar, haloperidol, remeron and celexa in the past, and NONE worked for me. I have major depressive disorder and ocd with anxiety features. My doctor just prescribed a single med not a combination. im 21 years old. I've been suffering for 5-6 years

I'm sorry you are having a difficult time. I have tried almost all the meds you list. Like you I am struggling with severe depression.

I can't think of a solution for you. I'm sorry. I have been battling this for over 16 years.

If you give this forum a chance you may come up with some ideas.

Take care.

I have major depression, OCD & OCPD (as well as ADHD). I'm not sure if it's common but I'm pretty sure my major depression was the direct result of my OCPD (which is like OCD taken to a whole new level) & is absolutely the reason I can't pull myself out of it.

I've also been on all the meds/combos you've listed (give/take a couple), as well as ECT & nothing's worked for 15 years now. For me, there's either no light at the tunnel's end, or there's a bend in the tunnel so I can't see it.

I'm sorry, another no-solution response. If your current med doesn't work, you may wanna try an old MAOI. They're like the last-resort med. N.b. the food restrictions for the MAOIs aren't as harsh as they used to think. You also have ECT up your sleeve. Fingers crossed you can find something to help.

*Hands you a cup of hot chocolate & welcomes you to the sucky OCD/major depressive disorder club*

*Hands you a cup of hot chocolate & welcomes you to the sucky OCD/major depressive disorder club*

Although it stinks to have depression/OCD, I wouldn't classify our club as sucky. There are so many talented, beautiful, amazing people in this club. Good luck in fighting this illness. Keep your hope alive.

Have you thought about trying some psychological treatments? There are a few different types out there: Cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT), Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) and others which may be able to help you. Best of luck.

Hello there...

Have you tried some teraphy? It works wonders.

And yes, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. You just have to be patient, follow the doc's recommendations, and also follow up with therapy.

It's not an easy road, but you will get there!