Sign in to follow this  
licito

Hi I'm Licito=)

Hi, I'm new to this forum.

Well, I don't really think I'm depressed, I feel more like i'm just a pessimistic person, so I don't know why i'm here, but I just felt the need to be here.

I think i'm not depressed because I have my moments of happiness and I'm usually thankful for what I have, but lately I've been feeling completely afraid of the future, and afraid of what i'm becoming, a person with zero motivation, without a direction to follow, I feel like nothing interests me, I feel like I don't want to do anything or that I don't have the energy.

I went through an eating disorder and i'm working on getting better, but one of the outcomes were that: the feeling of not caring about anything, nothing excites me.

And I feel guilty 'cause I feel I have such a good life, why am I feeling like this?

My mood changes a lot, and I'm becoming more childish now, IDK it's weird.

Well this is just an introduction, looking forward to be here more often!=)

greetings!!

Hey Licito,

Have you seen a doctor? It might be something to look into. Not saying that you do have depression, but it might be a possibility. Even with moderate depression, I still have moments when I feel a-okay and things are looking bright. Depression is not always feeling sad all the time. It comes in many different forms. Even people with perfectly good lives can get depression, sometimes it's chemistry that causes it, sometimes it's something else.

To sum it up, my advice is to see a doctor. Make yourself at home here and welcome to the forum. :)

Warm wishes,

Cutepuppies

Hey Licito. What you are describing sounds a lot like how I used to feel and to some extent still do. It also does sound like depression. Why are you afraid of your future?

Hey Licito. What you are describing sounds a lot like how I used to feel and to some extent still do. It also does sound like depression. Why are you afraid of your future?

Sorry for replaying so late.

Well, mostly because I don't know what I want to do with my life, and I feel I have no direction, I don't what to do honestly...and that scares me.

Sorry for replaying so late.

Well, mostly because I don't know what I want to do with my life, and I feel I have no direction, I don't what to do honestly...and that scares me.

I used to stress about that a lot. When I was a kid I had a direction, but it was mostly a direction that was expected of me and I never questioned it. However at the end of high school I fell off this path. I felt lost and I didn't know what to do next. I didn't really see any future for me and I had nothing I wanted to do. Literally nothing interested me, I thought there was something wrong with me due to that and that it will always be like that. At the same time I felt like I was running out of time, out of life. I was expected to be at a certain place at a certain age, but I wasn't there. I was just nowhere. That lasted a few years and I didn't move anywhere.

Then at some point I me a person that later became my best friend. It was at a time when I was recovering from depression and it gave me a huge boost. I grew up at that time, I got upgraded, I got better in every way. And I realized that it's okay to be stuck for now. I accepted the fact that I don't know what to do next and that I don't have any plans for the future. I discovered that there are a lot of things that interest me, so many that now I don't even have time to do them all. I still don't have a set direction and I still get scared of what awaits me sometimes, but I don't feel lost anymore. There are things I really enjoy and would love to do professionally and while it doesn't offer me any certainty, it gives me a sense of progression. I know that as time passes I will be better, as long as I stick with it, of course.