Sign in to follow this  
lonesomecowboy

Cursed With Bad Luck

JD4010. You have the wrong attitude towards this. Don't fold your arms and give up. If you know things will go bad when you do things, use that to your advantage. In other words, plan your back-up plan for the failed event. Read my previous tips I've used in this thread. It works.

Lonesome Cowboy

It looks like you haven't been on this thread in a few years. I just wanted to say it's like we're soul brothers. I've never been on this site before, and I was searching for information on this EXACT subject, because I'm so sick of the ridiculous crap that coninuously happens to me. I created an account just so I could write this response. It's been that way as long as I can remember, since 4 or 5 years old. I'm 55. This last year, and especially the last couple of months, have just left me shaking my head. No matter how good my intentions are, the most ridiculous, unexpected events have been hounding me all year.  I've spent over $10,000 on just random, crap unexpected, out of the ordinary issues with vehicles and belongings. The more far fetched, the more likely it will happpen to me. I have a few friends who have seen it upclose and are totally convinced I'm cursed! It's crazy, and it's been a real pain. I've already said I will gove 2017 the finger when it's over.

I read some of the posts here, and with all due respect, those who try to explain it, can't. I've had enough experience with people close to me "expalining" it, always my fault, somethingI'm doing wrong, etc. , etc. until I'm just rolling my eyes in my head. It's not you. It's not me. Whatever it is, it's not because of something we're doing. My whole life I've had to put up with people shaking their heds at me, thinking I'm somehow a failure.  I've honestly told the universe to go [email protected]@k itself so many times I can't count. And, no, for those looking for a black and white explanation, that ISN'T the reason, either. It's not me.

I'll add to this that I'm not deperessed, although I can be extremely frustrated by it. I'm not particularly bitter, I still find joy in life, and put a lot of effort into "living" every day as best I can. I have some good things in my life. I am educated, 30 ears in a career....I'm literally afraid to call it successful for fear some unexpected event will change it! But, I am dogged by this negative "bad luck" or curse or cloud or shadow or whatever the hell you want to call it. It's always there. I've had a few extremely successful moments in my career, significant moments, and each time there was an iinstant "knowing" that I can't explain...don't get used t it...it won't last...it's not over.  It wasn't me telling myself that...it was like an outside voice, warning me. Seriously messed up stuff.

Amyway, I'm not dead yet, don't intend too be for a long time, and there just has to be an answer. A solution. Whatever this life is, for all it's mysteries, this kind of thing is real, and so there has to be a source. IF there is a source, there has to be an answer. If there is an answer, there is understanding. If there is understanding, there is a solution. I haven't found it, but I am determined. I've never really worried about it before, but after the last 8 or 10 months, hell yes, I'm all over it. It's the closest thing I can think of to fighting back.

If I find an answer, or a solution, or a fix, or even just a little understaning, I will share it with you. It really is time for a change. I'm ready to live a life full of GOOD luck. I've seen some crazy things in my days, some unexplainable, but this one is top of my list. There just has to be an answer.

Stay well. Don't give up. Fight the good fight. We will se what we can find.

OutInTheWoods

I did exactly the same thing. Searching for 'cursed with bad luck' and found this. You have a soul sister here. And thank you Lonesome Cowboy for starting this topic. Its such a release on one hand to know that you are not alone in this. I really always thought I was.

Im female, 33 years old and the bad luck thing started even before I was born. And continued till this day. A doctor at the birth, assumed my mom will give birth no problem and went to sleep (it was sunday). Of course she didnt, we almost died but there was another doctor there and saw the situation and save us. My second 'near to death' experience was when I was 8 months old. I had to have a surgery, it took me 5 hours to wake up. Doctors thought I was dead. I survived. My third experience was when i was 5. My nanny at the time gave me a candy and I started choking. One of our neighbour saved my life the last minute. Cuz of the surgery at such a young age I had difficulties at walking n motoric skills. My classmates in elementary school were rejecting me when we had  P.E, didnt want me in their team etc. I was feeling awful but I survived that.

In highschool I had a little break from bad luck all the time. I even fell in love in my last year. After a year we got engaged, 2 months after he found out he has stage 4 cancer that spread to his vital organs. Few months later, he died. In the same year I found out I wasnt accepted to college I always wanted. my mom lost her job and was diagnosed with RA. She nearly died once.

So I started dating again- men I've been meeting- weirdos, cheaters, liers,.... I had my heart broken so many times- all in still dating stage. So I never had a proper relationship since my ex fiancee. It all ends even before it starts. Even when it starts to look good, something will happen and he will dissapear. Always.

Other areas in my life- I have 2 years of work experience (by some miracle). Im sending applications, calling people if they offer a job- nothing. I studied Education, speak 6 languages, have relatives abroad (im living in Europe) whom I also asked for help- they couldnt help me. I dont have any friends because no one would understand what im going through. Im guessing everyone would say, the bad times will pass, it will be better, think positive etc. I tried all that. No luck here. It is frustrating and quite honestly- Im losing strength. I tried to rationalise why this things are happening. Is it within me? I dont think so- I read alot of self help books, am educated, good looking, with good manners, trying to help other in need.... I dont know why is this happening. Am I cursed? Maybe, I dont know. I just know it is extremely tiring.

So yes. I want to experience some luck in life, so hopefully we all get out of this 'bad luck sydrome' thing. Be Well! 

Hello. From the beginning of 2016 up until here lately, I felt the same way. It seemed no matter what I'd do or how good I could be 2 others, things just could not go right in my life. I felt like Rumplestilkstin, but everything I touched turn 2 sh**! I have depression as well so as u may know that amplified every situation, so even the little things that most would just shrug off was devastating to me. I started doing some deep soul searching to hopefully find a reason deep within as 2 y I feel so horrible. After awhile, I found 1 very important thing missing. Faith! Faith in God (or a higher power), faith in myself, faith in humanity, faith about anything was gone! I was in a very abusive relationship for 2 years. During that time up until maybe 3 months ago, on the outside I knew how the abuse affected me. Physical; my body, mental/emotional; my heart and mind. But 1 thing the abuse done that I couldn't see or feel is day by day, hour by hour, every hit, every harsh word was stripping away my faith. Stripped me so far I was left with none. It took me 8 years 2 realize just how bad the abuse had affected me. Upon realizing my missing link, I've been googling, watching videos, listening 2 audio books, anything I could find 2 help me regain my faith. Upon my research I discovered something that b4 I lost my faith I had done but had no clue it had a name. It's called the law of attraction. Using this, u HAVE 2 have faith. It's not a magical witch spell or satanic thing. In fact it's even in the bible. Hence the faith part. LOA can also be explained by quantum physics so it's backed by science. I'm a work in progress trying 2 get back all my lost faith n hold onto the new. I am sharing a link that I feel could be useful 4 anyone on here. There are SEVERAL videos, audio books, and articles about LOA, so if this article doesn't hit home 2 u, Google it. I wish u all the best of luck!

*link removed*

Edited by Natasha1
Link

Different people have different experiences. I can only speak to my own. Law of attraction, faith in God, following Jesus Christ, none of these things have anything to do with this sense of being cursed. Over many decades I’ve experienced the feeling, and worse, the impact of this cursed bad luck. It isn’t due to a lack of faith in anything. If anything it challenges every belief you have.  It makes you question the very power of God almighty because no amount of prayer or faith changes anything. I also find that those who don’t understand try to offer solutions, and EVERY solution boils down to me doing something, as if this curse is my own doing or my fault. It’s not. It’s not me doing this. Prayers won’t stop it. It’s not God’s fault. LOA won’t suddenly see me basking in good luck and unexpected wealth. 

There is an answer but, speaking for myself, those paths did not offer a solution. So I keep digging, forging ahead, not giving up, but also not chasing empty promises or rainbows. Whatever the answer is, it’s not some internet guru who holds the answer. And it’s not something I’m doing wrong. 

Midnightdaze, Im glad you found a solution in prayer and faith,

But I can say that didnt help me. Throughout my life, I've prayed, had faith, wanting and wishing that God helps me. Nothing changed. It is frustrating and I've asked him many times why, why me, what do I have to learn to break this... I was practising positive thinking, believing that life will change for better. That I will experience luck, that I will finally succeed at something I'm trying for years, decades....nothing.... Like OutInTheWoods said- it challenges beliefs that you have.

But I made it till here, I refuse to surrender, hopefully one day I will find a solution and break this- until that day I will try and do my best

I understand how u both feel. Beginning 2016 my luck started turning 2 sh**. Seemed everything, 1 after another was happening or going wrong. 2 be honest with u, I can't say it has ended. I had thought about a spiritual cleansing, having a priest bless my house, all kinds of stuff. The only thing that has changed is my faith (that I'm slowly getting back). That itself doesn't change anything, it just helps with the way I view n feel about things. I'm thankful I'm getting that faith back that was stripped away from me. Yea, LOA won't make everything better n certainly money won't be falling out the sky (boy I wish) but as 4 ME this has helped with my faith n 2 TRY 2 be positive. It makes me feel better. It may not work 4 all, but 4 those who hasn't tried it, it may help them. I hope y'alls luck improves, I know how y'all feel. Like I said, I don't wanna say it's over 4 me. :)

The term "demonic oppression" is attractive and definitely describes the situation. However, the "involving others" to overcome it just falls into an abyss of  religious doctrine vs. religious doctrine, and self professed Guru's/energy healers eager to take your money.  It costs you $75 or more just to get a palm reading, and the result is so vague, who knows if it's even real? Just walking away BELIEVING it is real is not enough. In this case, there would be a cost associated with the "service" and it would be some serious cash. And how would we measure success? Do I feel different? Win the lottery? How many days, weeks or months go by without something seriously going wrong before I can declare it a success? Would it mean I never experience a failure ever again? Of course not....so how do I tell the difference between success with the odd failure, vs. still under oppression?

Like anything on the fringe (or way the hell past the fringe), finding the solution is just as difficult as getting a diagnosis in the first place. We're way too far out of the mainstream of science today to get any seriously researched solution. This experience, which has been the story of my life from an early age so long ago tat I couldn't possibly be held responsible for somehow "inviting" or "allowing" demonic interference, is at best a subject around the table at a Friday Night party, after much alcohol has been consumed, and after we've defined the details of our "zombie apocalypse survival" plan. And if I didn't invite it, where does it come from? How in the hell do I solve it when I really can't even define it?

Just finding this thread of conversation was a) surprising AF and b) relieving AF.  Someone else actually experiences this! The problem then becomes finding a solution. I'm completely aware, and also completely not a dumbass. I've been watching the church, the extremist pastors AND the energy gang for decades looking for someone or something that shows REAL promise as something solid. It all falls down. When you really stand back and look at old religion and new religion, it's all so full of holes and, more importantly, human failure that it is completely unreliable as a source of help.

So, I gained a title for this cursed plague I live under, but I'm still left standing on a cliff, overlooking a vast canyon of empty nothingness when I ask myself "what the f**** am I going to do?". Like any life challenge, figuring out what not to do is a lot harder than figuring out what TO do. Life experience has taught me not to get all fired up about any possibilities until I can research the hell out of it. So far, the "solutions" look like holy buckets that won't hold water.

Edited by OutInTheWoods
spelling errors

Howdy dear all my brother & sister here,

I have exactly the same situation with you all, You are not the only one. Actually this is often very depressing and very - very hurt, then I decide to take this not too seriously. I just want to share my thought with you all and find some common ground to try understand a pattern. I start to follow this thread from Nov 2017 but I decide to left my mark just right now :smilingteeth:. I turn into 29 this year, anyway I came from asia, so I truly sorry about my English

Guest what, everything become more worst from time a time. After all this time, I was struggling in to improve my life and as the result, I just end up same with the people that do exactly "nothing" with their life, even worst. Ha-ha. I think life is merely a joke and also life is nothing more than zero-sum game. Whatever it is for me...

"Tragedy is just unfinished comedy" :grinning:

Before I step further, I just want to ask you several question to find our common ground:

1. Did you often struggle till 'bleeding out' for gain a thing that considered 'normal' for the most people? Everything so extraordinary difficult but only for you, so basically you always work harder to get less.  
  2. Did you live with a selfish parents / family (miserably B*st*rd) that never give you responsibility or even let you deciding something by your own? So basically you didn't find your parent as your role models [super EGO]
  3. Did you always pretend to act and think maturely/realistic even since you still a kid? Because you always try to level your frequency with other people around you. But there is a paradox because you actually have high level of imagination. So, basically you were a good [pathological] liar / manipulator but you never ever take advantage from it.
  4. Did you find yourself good in reading people and also good listener? So, most of troubled or damaged person will feel comfort when talk with you and your advice mostly open up their mind, but when their situation gone better, they just dump you off, even they're talking about bad things about you to everyone else. - People fear what they don't understand
  5. [Intended for male onlyHow many unspoken word about your feeling to your crush that you've been miss out in your entire life? And it because of your big EGO [expectation / standard] or perhaps you feel that yourself less proper enough for her or you just too afraid with the future because you can't promise/guarantee her nothing [materially].   
  6. Did you never think twice to sacrifice your freedom for other people happiness or for 'the greater good'? You are a natural born leader with strong character and often give influence to your surrounding [suffer built character :smilingteeth:]. Other people problem just 'piece of cake' for you but when it comes into your own problem, you never stood a chance to fix it. 
  7. Did you always seek the truth? So, you must be a honest and bit sarcastic person. But, did you know that most people who seek the truth actually are in fragile condition [existential crisis]? So technically, it's gonna attract some pr*ck to take advantage from you. After all, - the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth. 
  8. Did you have strong faith in God? You don't believe in something that happened by chance and you do believe that there is a purposes beyond of everything that exist within this world. But for reason, some rules seems doesn't fit you.    
  9. Did you feel that your experience, knowledge and wisdom have no real value for your life? Your mess up condition only taught you uncounted life lesson, but what modern society demand is that each individual can only be measured on the basis of personal achievement values such as a brilliant career, welfare, personal imagery, and consumerism.    
  10. Did you feel that you don't have control for your own life? You've been trying so hard, prepare everything carefully. At the end, it doesn't even matter, just another epic failure, as if everything just queued to betray you, over and over again. Even something that impossible suddenly become possible. What's left only the bad option from the worst. And there is no way for you to run. Ha-ha :grinning: 
  11. How long you've been waiting? for the chance, for the answer, for somebody that willing listen to you, for your dedication, for every sweat, blood and tears you drop [literally]; and for everything that you stand for. 

I'm dying to know what's your answer gonna be...

Actually there still ton of question that remain in my thought, but sometimes the words itself not adequate enough to represent what I actually feel. At least, I've try to build a connection between your situation and mine. I hope there are some similarities between us. I've been dealing with this kind of situation for about 11 years. In the very beginning, I already set up some set of rules that works for me such as stop hoping, eliminate my fear and just do whatever I can't do. May be it's not perfect, but it was real. It forced me to break my own moral principle and that really affect me, especially how do I see the worlds. I think, it's unnecessary to go into detail. In short, I turn into a nihilist. All I care about is cause and effect that based on the consequence.

Lately, the new problem suddenly occurred, I feel no longer have endurance to bear this anymore. The time slowly consume me, and forced me to realize that anyway I'm just a human. How do I continue to live without any purpose, any reason or something to protect? To be honest, I already exhausted. I don't feel anything except a deep anger, because this  situation already crossed my line. But, it's okay, perhaps not everybody deserve a good life.  

I'm just wondering, if I could k**l myself that means, in the end I finally have control against my own life. Then, my bad luck make my attempt failed, is that still considered as a bad luck? ha-ha :grinning: Why so serious? Who will know what is going to happen tomorrow. I have an idea, what if we talk each other as real person via Whatsapp [group], at least we have something in common to share and for a moment we could feel that we're not alone. Although we will never ever meet in the real life, perhaps we could meet in the afterlife. ha-ha..

Edited by Dovahkiin

What we all here have in common, when it comes to this topics, having this syndrome, is that its very personal and private, and we would be afraid to talk about these things openly to most people. They wouldnt understand, or you would get a reputation as someone who needs psyhiatric help. Its very diffiecult to explain these things in a convincing way. Its like trying to explain the colour red to a blind person. There is no objective reality, and you become very isolated if you have an unconventional sense of reality sort of speak. And isolation is the key word here. I think there are dark forces surronding us, who use people as tools. Based on catholic beliefs about demonization, it is precisely to keep the victim isolated by playing on fear, which is the most effective way to gain control. Because they know what you fear. 

I had childhood visions of beings like no one else saw. But to whom are you going to speak about these things? In addition, i grew up in an extreme sect, Jehovas Witness, and there were all such thoughts Satans work. When i look back on my life, i have hard to find any particular bright spot. I accually got into my childhood seing the worst of people from very early on. I have repeatedly attracted relationships that have been unhealthy and destructive, experienced violence and substance abuse. I always ended up with unhealthy and destructive relationships no matter what i did. Its like i had a magnet on weirdos , crazy people and **** ups. A lot of times people like this , who i have never met, come up to me and acting bizzarre for no reasons. 

I have tried therapy but it doesnt help. I didnt get any answers that make sense. Moreover i think every human knows his patterns best. I can see certain patterns repeating it self in my life. I know for example that i had recurring cycle every twelve years, where i had shattering experiences that gave my life new directions which in turn has led to new overturning experiences after another twelve years. Why exactly twelve years.? This cannot possibly be explained by mental illness. I've tried to analyze if there is other reasons for this , or if its just a coincidence . But i find that there have been no similiar big upsets in my life in other periodes. There has been other examples where certain numbers played a significant role in my life.

And especially the number 23 is following me as a constant messenger of evil. When i was 23 i had the worst experience in my life, being badly injured after an episode of violence , being attacked by one of my low life comrades at the time, who i realized to late was a paranoid psychotic. What i have realized later is that every time this number occur in different situations, it ends up with defeat and loss. For example i know that there is no point applying for a job if the deadline for applying has the date of 23. It will only end up in disaster. Or that any project will fail involving that number. And its not only the fact that its failing, but more how its failing. It s always a series of unfortunate accidents and things that suddenly goes wrong. And the blame will be mine in the end , always. Countless times i have experienced in different situations, being accused of stealing because something suddenly disappears suddenly just in the time im near by.  I also never achieve independency with my finances , that all my struggle for a steady job contract time after time  ends up in ruin, because of problems i have already mentioned. In fact every time i think that maybe now, maybe this time, maybe this job will will bring some changes , the same things repeat it selfs. And for every 'victory' as getting a job happens, other bad things start to occure. Like traffic accidents or something that will put my finance situation futher back. So that all my salary for the short period it last, goes to paying unfortunate accidents. It s like someone is telling me that i can struggle until my death without getting any further. And at the same time i see people around me, dumber than me, at least manage to hold on to a low payd job, obviously because they are not cursed like i am. I have tried so many times to convince my self that my problems are not outstanding, that i m only going through a diffiecult phase right now and things will get better soon. But soon never comes. 

Its impossible to look upon this as something else than a ****ing curse. I only see a downward spiral that never ends, and i have concluded a long time ago that there are no people who has problems similiar to mine. And if they exist, they are guaranteed to be in a psychriatic institution, or have killed them selfs. But i know i m not psychotic or imagining things. And i know its not normal to have problems like mine either. Something that bugs me is when certain idiots state that hell must be the place where you meet all the cool and interesting people. These people reveal that they have never experienced much pain in theyr life . If they have been in my shoes for a week, they would realize that hell is a very lonely place.

Back to the number 23. It occurs in the strangest occasions. But it s so hard explaining it in a way that sounds convincing to others. For example its a nightmare for me to participate in social gatherings such as pubquiz, which i occasianally did before, knowing that i will attract bizzarre situations, unpleasent people, and the most craziest of all, is that topics comes up, that will involve exact the kind of subject that is worrying my mind most at the moment. Like the question number 23 in the quiz will  involve an issue that triggers the exact worrying i have at the moment. I have tried to notice if there is other questions with other numbers that could be interpreted equally strongly, but my conclusion is that number 23 always points out, and leave me with the feeling where i have to fight desperatly not to lose my self control and scream out loud. It feels like a vicious mocking that i m sure is entertaining for the ***** who make my life a living hell on daily basis. Its like they know what subject to play upon, and especially goals that i m struggeling tom achieve. The more important the goal is for me, the more they will mock me about this subject. Going to the shop to by groceries is a nightmare that will leave my unstabile for many hours afterwards. So i try to shop for many days in a row. I know this will sound extremly self-centered to many, but to me it feels like powerful forces violating my life. 

One of the more concrete and intimidating examples i experienced not a long time ago, when i read one of the answers that lonesome cowboy got in response to his post, on one persons tip to search for Teal Swan, a life style guru on youtube. I had not heard of her until recently when i red these pages, and i decided to watch her videos. Her theories about spiritual issues have created controversy, and i have always had a great sceptisicm with such guides. Not at least because of my own upbringing in a strict religious movement. Among other things i saw a video where the theme was life after death. A little out in the video, just when she completed the word 'demon' the video stops working for no apparent reason, after accurately played 5.23 minutes. The video is standing still. With a sigh i reset the video back to the beginning, and putting it back on. The same is repeated again, after concluding with the word demon, the recording stops again at the exact same time. The same thing happened 3-4 times. Frustrated i cry out in the room 'Are we done now?' 'Can we move on?' I put the video back to the beginning, and this time it played it to the end. Coinsidence would most people say, but this is only a few of many  similiar examples i had over the years. I have read certain things that indicates that there is in fact something strange about the number 23. If you google it , you will find som interesting facts. The movie 23 with Jim Carrey is also worth mentioning.

I find that black cats also act as senders of bad news and accidents. Our ancestors would have called this omens, something that modern science wont aknowledge. But i think its worth taking seriously. I always had omens warning me about big changes in my life. I have noticed that there are people with bad luck syndrome who have written that they were born with the umbilical cord around the neck and were almost dying during the birth.I also got this start in life. I was digging a bit further in to this topic, and found that people being born with umbilical cord often had more paranormal experiences than others. When you are born with the lack of oxygen, being blue in the face, you balance on a very thin line between life and death. There are theorys among psychics and astrologers that you, because of this, are in closer contact with the spritual world. I wish to send a link concerning this:

http://prajnasurabhi.blogspot.no/2017/03/cord-around-neck-astro-yogic-perspective.html

....and by the way "mutevariations" I also noticed recurring cycles, my worst times begin around Septemper and the worst luck don't start to wane till after my birthday in March, it does not mean things get well, just a little respid from all the chaos.

I made an account just to reply to this.

I have had an insane life, one thing after another, car crashed, splitting my skull open, teeth knocked out, horrible magnetism to bad people, everything falling apart. I've always had a positive outlook on life until recently. I just can't take it any more. I thought most was because I'm an empath, but that doesn't explain all the accidents, (I never caused) deaths around me, or people using me until nothing left. I too had the umbilical chord wrapped around at birth and was born early, not expected to survive. I have a crazy story, but this is an old thread.

You should watch my YouTube playlist: *link removed*

John Keel, Jacques Vallee, Charles Forte, George P Hansen, Mark Stavish, etc. have tended to see this planet as haunted and that this ultra-dimensional force is a menace. There is a reason so many movies explore Gnostic themes (The Prisoner, The Truman Show, The Matrix etc.) and so much is made of trickster figures in cultures around the world. Ther are too many third-eye blind people ignoring everything around them. I know exactly how you feel about bad luck. I get voices that accompany it and the constant mistakes are relentless. I'm lucky I can walk across the room most days.