Sign in to follow this  
Caregiver72

Help With Wellbutrin!

I have been on Wellbutrin (300mg) for 3 1/2 months - along with 20 mg of paxil, 150 mg of Lamictal, 10 mg of Seraquil (for sleep). I still feel crappy. My medication person (not an md or psycologist, just raised the Paxil to 20 mg. I am on my 4th day on the new dosage. Anyone think I should ditch the Wellbutrin, and go on something else? I was on 20 mg of Paxil for 12 years, which worked. I became depressed this time (4th time), because my dad was diagnoised with liver cancer in Feb 2014. He died on Sept 11th. I also had to move to Ne from IL, so my family could help me. I had to put my 86 year old mom in a nursing home out here. This is the worst case of depression I have ever had. I have been through hell this past year. Just wondering if their is another md, that would work better with the Wellbutrin? I was hospitalized in July for one week. The Psycologists there put me on Wellbutrin 300 mg and Lamicktal. Any helpful input would be appreciated!

I wouldn't ditch anything without your Dr's help; especially with combinations of meds. You may need to be weaned off of some meds slowly to avoid unpleasant effects.

Steve