Thought Suicide Was The Answer...

Hi, my name is Nancy and I recently tried to commit suicide. Don't know why it didn't work and don't know why I don't have any permanent damage from the attempt but I now understand that there are other options and I just need to learn ways to deal with everything that is going on in my life. One thing I learned from being in a lock-down unit at the hospital, is that having people who've been there, to talk to, makes a big difference in how I feel. I'm really looking forward to being part of this forum.

Welcome NancyF!

First off I'm sorry to hear that things were so bad that you felt you had to take your own life. I am glad to hear that you now feel differently. You'll find there are many wonderful people here to talk to and can offer you insight from their own experiences.

Hope to see you around the forum

Callie

Nancy that is clearly a sign that your time here on earth was not meant to end at the time that you wanted it to. I have had the same experience and now I know that my life is worth experiencing. Look into who you truly are and try to create a better person while feeding the positive qualities about yourself. Yoga is helping me and can help you too! Stay positive and go on being peaceful kind and loving. It'll help others do the same which will make our world a better place to live in and will make others want to stay. Peace and love take care

• 2 weeks later...

So happy u failed, really am. At the moment there seems to be no other way but death is PERMANENT at least in this world.

I know the darkness of being in this state of mind but that's exactly what it is. I'm extremely happy that I failed at my multiple attempts. 1.because I'm still here 2. It usually occurs in multiples with family n 3. What pain I would have caused all my family. You now have a second chance so please take full advantage of it, get healthy please. When we do this we affect n impact so many negatively. Please do all necessary to not repeat this again