Quit My Job Yesterday ... Life's Too Short To Tolerate Crap From Ppl

Wrenn84

So ya this week certainly ended completely differently than I anticipated...

Been at a new job since April, seems to be good, started to realize there's a problem with crotchety old biddies making nasty gossip out of nothing, it's annoying but I don't really care, kinda just stuck my head in the sand, because going to work at this job was a decision I made for my health to leave my former career doing child protection social work which is traumatic to say the least, plus insane workload. Well anyways on Wednesday had a minor setback in a project brought it forward to my boss, expressed my concerns, and unbeknownst to me that apparently speaking out that this project is lacking organization, etc was a huge mistake because our director took it as some sort of personal affront, and began being ridiculously nasty to me like within minutes. I was so shocked, but I'm not the sort of person to just suck up or give in, so I kept trying to get my point across and remain solutions focused, but then throuout the day this ridiculous bullying behaviour - like prancing around the office saying really nasty things about me to the other staff, is escalating.

So I went home, thought about it, decided that despite financial worries, there is just. NOO f$&@!ng way I'm going through another round of workplace drama and harassment like I did at my previous job,

Just hell no,

It's not happening.

I'd legit rather be broke and go and work at mcdonalds if I have to

Life's way too short to subject myself to this crap.

I already know how this story ends, I've already been through that!

So ya went in yesterday, spent the morning packing my things and then after lunch , quit. Of course the director lady just about was frothing at the mouth, sent me home with two weeks pay.

Feeling better I guess but still a little shocked. And kind of depressed In a way - is it just so much to ask to work somewhere that is a mildly satisfactory environment? I don't think I'm asking for much.....not perfection, just fairly okay, most of the time?

Sorry to hear that. I quit my job in June for similar reasons. I was sick of the bulls*** with my manager treating me so bad. So I literally just said "I'm tired of being treated like a ******* slave, I quit". And just walked out. Was there for almost 4 years, but wish I quit a year or two sooner. It was just a horrible working environment. Luckily I did get all my vacation pay that was owed to me, so that helped me out a little bit.

Edited by GAJ123

I think most people that go into management get off on being able to shove people around. I have had similar experience with these types myself. I share a similar train of thought, I rather be a bum and beg for change than have some Pvt. First Class wage slave try and treat me like garbage its just not happening. I don't have the time for it.

Ms. Wrenn,

I, myself have been through exactly the same thing. The place where I met my wife, we both worked there, decided 1 day to look for another job where we could work at the same place, not literally together, and luckily we did. It was an hourly job with more pay, closer to home, with a controlled climate, air conditioning. After we got the job, the following Friday, we both walked in, hand in hand, smiling from ear to ear, and we both told our supervisor that we quit. If there was ever a Kodak moment, that was definitely it! We felt so liberated.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I definitely understand. Hold your head up high my dear. It's better to quit with dignity and beg than to be paid peanuts and be treated like you are worthless. Been there, done with it. I'll keep you in my prayers. I do wish that you said something in "A Positive Thread". We're there for all of us. You know how we are in it. It's okay though. I'm not mad at you. Until I hear from you, you're in my prayers tonight. Until next time, I wish you well and God Bless! :smilingteeth:

With you in heart and spirit,

Curtis

So ya this week certainly ended completely differently than I anticipated...

Been at a new job since April, seems to be good, started to realize there's a problem with crotchety old biddies making nasty gossip out of nothing, it's annoying but I don't really care, kinda just stuck my head in the sand, because going to work at this job was a decision I made for my health to leave my former career doing child protection social work which is traumatic to say the least, plus insane workload. Well anyways on Wednesday had a minor setback in a project brought it forward to my boss, expressed my concerns, and unbeknownst to me that apparently speaking out that this project is lacking organization, etc was a huge mistake because our director took it as some sort of personal affront, and began being ridiculously nasty to me like within minutes. I was so shocked, but I'm not the sort of person to just suck up or give in, so I kept trying to get my point across and remain solutions focused, but then throuout the day this ridiculous bullying behaviour - like prancing around the office saying really nasty things about me to the other staff, is escalating.

So I went home, thought about it, decided that despite financial worries, there is just. NOO f$&@!ng way I'm going through another round of workplace drama and harassment like I did at my previous job,

Just hell no,

It's not happening.

I'd legit rather be broke and go and work at mcdonalds if I have to

Life's way too short to subject myself to this crap.

I already know how this story ends, I've already been through that!

So ya went in yesterday, spent the morning packing my things and then after lunch , quit. Of course the director lady just about was frothing at the mouth, sent me home with two weeks pay.

Feeling better I guess but still a little shocked. And kind of depressed In a way - is it just so much to ask to work somewhere that is a mildly satisfactory environment? I don't think I'm asking for much.....not perfection, just fairly okay, most of the time?

Glad you quit. Evil bosses are impossible to deal with.

It's just so not worth it to be wretched for a job! No no no I'll never do it again. Ever!

Plus truthfully I'm very fortunate I live in a part of canada where there is literally like a million jobs and a labour shortage, so even though I'm broke right now I know I will have a job within a month if I try. I'm very grateful for that because I feel very sad for anyone trapped at a job due to crappy economy,

People always "complain" about my province but I'm glad to live somewhere with this freedom via opportunity.

It's just so not worth it to be wretched for a job! No no no I'll never do it again. Ever!

Plus truthfully I'm very fortunate I live in a part of canada where there is literally like a million jobs and a labour shortage, so even though I'm broke right now I know I will have a job within a month if I try. I'm very grateful for that because I feel very sad for anyone trapped at a job due to crappy economy,

People always "complain" about my province but I'm glad to live somewhere with this freedom via opportunity.

Well, that's good. In the U.S. people even struggle to get minimum wage jobs unless you want to work in fast food, it's really a shame. So many go to college here & can't even get a job after racking up debt for a degree that's not even worth anything.

Well, that's good. In the U.S. people even struggle to get minimum wage jobs unless you want to work in fast food, it's really a shame. So many go to college here & can't even get a job after racking up debt for a degree that's not even worth anything.

Ya that is just really desolate thought ., I really feel sorry for people stuck in a bad economy. Being stressed about money is no fun at all and working a job that sucks because it's all u can get is a very difficult thing, but sometimes u just have to do it cos there is no other options. .. I know where I live is very fortunate and fairly rare these last few years, and I try not to take it for granted because it is such a huge difference in how I can live my life,

I grew up here and it's always been a strong economy here as long as I can remember except for a couple years when it crashed when I was a kid. I always just assumed it was normal to have such an economy where there are plenty of jobs and opportunities whether you are looking at low level service jobs or to utilize your education or skilled training, but then I lived abroad and in other parts of canada for awhile and realized just how fortunate my home province is.

wren, what is it with people? I wonder that there always seems to be some aggressive unstable ***** skulking in every environment. I have one that has recently popped into mine. We aren't asking for much.. Just a degree of civility and decency. It seems that is asking too much. Sorry as I am not really the right person to speak on this topic at present!

It sounds like this dude got defensive and then became aggressive/bullying. Hopefully you get something better and you never know, it may open a door to something ideal.

I wish we could create a country for civil people only. The NAP republic (non-aggressive peoples republic). Assertiveness is welcome.

Edited by Fizzle