Shayne95

Can someone please delete my account? I'm done with this site, I have met many good people and the ones I have stayed in contact with know how to contact me outside of here ( shaynegoodfellow@hotmail.com ) Reasons for leaving this site... most of the time when I try to help someone out on a post they rarely ever reply, I don't want to see these depressing posts anymore, I hope everyone gets better but I'm in a good place right now and want to keep my happy days/thoughts in good spirits. A lot of people on here are attention seekers and I don't appreciate that, and I have gotten attacked on here before when I said nothing wrong and just gave them advice. PLEASE DELETE MY ACCOUNT!!!!

Sorry that you have felt this way and I am glad you are doing what is best for you. Inevitably people have their own difficulties when on a site like this but attacking others is never OK. Not aggressively or passive aggressively.

I know there are many of my posts that are not replied to too. it especially seems that new members often visit then disappear. An indication of what is happening in their lives and not about you or I.

I think it's healthy to move on if you are feeling better. Good luck.

Edited by Fizzle

Personally, I'd encourage you to stick around, though maybe a break from DF would do some good.

What you're experiencing here is just as likely to occur in the "real world", though there is probably proportionally more negativity around here given the key subject of the forum. Learning to tolerate, understand and ultimately be mildly affected by neglect or abuse is tough. Really tough. But I'd say it can be a worthwhile approach that can help anyone weather their own storms when they arise. And as you've said yourself, you've met some good people around here. What's to say you won't meet many more? Just as others may ignore your advice (or at least appear to by not directly replying to it) you can ignore attacks and abuse. Easier said than done, but like I said, developing equanimity presents its own gifts.

All the same, another worthwhile approach to life is to plunge ourselves only in the positive and surround ourselves with people who promote and enhance that perspective. This can also come with many rewards and give great satisfaction.

There's no wrong approach. Do whatever you feel is best for you. But why delete your account? Not being here with an active account is all the same as not being here without one. Why burn a bridge?

Can someone please delete my account? I'm done with this site, I have met many good people and the ones I have stayed in contact with know how to contact me outside of here ( shaynegoodfellow@hotmail.com ) Reasons for leaving this site... most of the time when I try to help someone out on a post they rarely ever reply, I don't want to see these depressing posts anymore, I hope everyone gets better but I'm in a good place right now and want to keep my happy days/thoughts in good spirits. A lot of people on here are attention seekers and I don't appreciate that, and I have gotten attacked on here before when I said nothing wrong and just gave them advice. PLEASE DELETE MY ACCOUNT!!!!

Do what's best for u Shayne, but know you've helped a lot of people with your common sense and positive approach . Stay in touch xoxo

You seem like a pretty positive guy Shayne. I would say just leave the door open, but I think you have earned a respite from this place for now if you feel like that is what's best. I think some folks around these parts aren't here for the right reasons, I will give you that much. Hope you do well in your future endeavors towards happy.

Sometimes a lack of response isn't personal.

Sometimes when I'm responded to I just feel like, "What's the point in talking? I'm weird and distant. There won't be a connection, and it's so tiring to just keep talking about my feelings and being vulnerable when it always fails." I've even had topics on here that weren't responded to at all despite the fact that I post significantly more in response to others, which only adds to the feeling that I'm just not relevant to others.

People in pain who've been hurt when they reached out in the past are shy about reaching out even in small ways, but I'm sorry people have taken their frustrations out on you directly.

Edited by Licorice

Shayne,

Hate to see you leave even not knowing you long you seemed very up beat and positive. And you were nice to speak to as well. I liked you were nice and upbeat. We really need more people like you in world and on here too. I'm glad your at a place in your life that your happy about. Thats wonderful and I hope that continues. Please take care now. Really over all no matter what YOU have to do whats right for you and what you think in your heart. So if that's leaving here then so be it.

Shayne,

This is MENTAL HELP SITE for members to understand depression, etc and seek help, find information about their condition and talk amongst their peers. Sorry you feel this way, but you broke the TOS anyway by not taking this to a private message to one of our Admins or Super Admins. Mst members were happy DF helped their depression.

If ypu want to leave, leave. Just do not log on any longer and evntually your posts will be archived. This topic is now locked.

Best wishes to you.

~Lindsay