I'm Trying So Hard..

Samara89

I'm trying so hard to be happy! It feels like the world is against me. I have NO friends and I can't even make friends. Most of this attributes to I wasn't raised with proper social skills. Now I'm 25 I've got nothing to show for it. I'm so depressed and I can't even take it. I need help or someone to talk to about this

Welcome to DF, Samara89,
You can start making friends or leaning better social skills with your coworkers, fellow students,etc. Start off small scale with one person. If you have difficulty starting a conversation, ask the person about them self. You might consider joining a depression group. You will definitely get a lot of social interaction and learn about yourself. Keep talking to us as that will also help you learn social skills.

Sheepwoman

Hello and welcome to the forums. I have personally found a lot of support here when I was at my worst. I am sure you will find it helpful to post here. It was kind of scary to me at first, but I eventually got around to posting and sharing, and found great support.

I can really understand the difficulty in making friends. I am 30 and I don't have any friends, nobody I can talk to about things. It really can feel so devastating to be so alone all the time, and you have my complete sympathy. I really hope you are able to find some way out of the loneliness.

If you ever need to talk, I'll be happy to listen.

Welcome! You will find some pretty amazing people here who can really relate. 25 is still super young to begin in a fresh new way.

Is there a class or something you can take over something that interests you? Or a group you can join with people who have similar hobbies or something like that?

Just a thought...