My Dead Social Life Is A Major Problem With No Known Solution..

Twilight Sky

The forum "mini" crashed while I typed up this reply and don't feel like re-typing it all.. so in short.

I'm just tired of my social life being dead. I've done what I can to revive it.. -.- It has had a major impact on my self worth, which is next to none, and I generally feel that I don't belong in this world anymore. I wont commit suicide. Far from it. Technically I died when I was 28. All I'm doing is just liviing until my natural death.

My life goes in two directions.. No where, or backwards. I miss those days where I was close with someone, and everything was all mutual and we talked about many things.

Those days.. are done.

i also have very little social life and im in my mid 30s...ive tried to revive it but something has switched off in my head, my ability to go out and halfway enjoy social gatherings is pretty much gone now...ive forced myself out a few times in the past several weeks only to realize that i am not missing out on much...i dont mean to say this to tell others to not try an go out but in my case, me and a buddy or two will go to someones house and watch tv or go to the bar and have a few beers(i cant stand alcohol anymore but i force it down) and just sit there and talk..i mean, i guess going out with people makes me feel more normal but in actuality, i dont enjoy it much and i usually always have to force myself to do it so i feel stuck as well..it just seems other get so much more enjoyment out of it than i do..

Twilight sky I also feel exactly same as you ... i have noone left to talk with ... and best part is I live in gulf where there's no communities no councils nothing to find new friends except Internet ... and I am pretty bad in that too ... dont know what else to say

No friends here either but I'm used to it. Most friendships are a lie anyways from my experience.

The world is dead to me so I am dead to it as well, I posted a thread earlier but it's worthless to reach out when your already a lost cause (in my case) so I'm done with forums.

I would be sincere and hope that you find happiness but sincerity is an alien aspect to me, anyways... I'm off to continue on my downward spiral until I reach some for of conclusion be it in a minute or 40+ years in the future, I wasn't meant for modern society so I don't expect to fit in it as I'm more of a martyr type anyways without the drive to even succeed in that.

Good luck I guess, it was nice knowing you forum but I'm sick of reaching out pointlessly to people I will never truly know.

I have ONE good friend, one or two others I consider "lesser".

It's hard. I'm 33.

I don't know how people do it. How they connect anymore. I feel like I'm in a prison.

I've given up on connecting with a girl or new friends completely. But I live in central Arizona and it's dump, I think that's a big part of it. People here are closed off, just dead. No counterculture or vibrancy here. People just living in their little bumpkin worlds. That's a big part of it, but not all of it.

I have only two friends left. I have given up on the others. They always want money from me then they vanish into thin air. I have no hope of making good new friends. I am also losing hope in the two I mentioned above