Sign in to follow this  
Inbetween

Problems With Zoloft 6 Months

Im kinda in crisis here. Ive been on zoloft for 6 months, mostly at 200mg. I get good days, but I get into depression. The issue is that it seems that I go back and forth between feeling good and feeling crappy on zoloft. The crappy isnt just down, but usually I have head pressure, seasick feeling, noises are amplified, just feeling crappy. Right now Im really bad with that, and depression too. My pdoc wants me to stop taking zoloft for 2 days then start back on it at 150mg. I almost went to the ER today. Its just not depression, my head hurts so much. Not sure why Im writing this, maybe for suggestions, if you experienced it, if you think its time that i try another med. My doc thinks I might be BP2 because of how I react with zoloft (up and down). She wants to put me on lamtricol(sp). thoughts?

In my humble opinion, you shouldn't be feeling the way you do. Maybe your dose is too high, maybe it's not the right med for you. I don't know. It's something you have to discuss with your pdoc. I'm a big fan of Lamictal. I took it with 150mg of Zoloft. I no longer take the Zoloft. I'm at 300mg and it's been the best mood stabilizer I've ever taken.

Sheepwoman