Sign in to follow this  
screenman

What Are You Proud Of?

I'm down to 1 or 2 cigarettes a day... My anxiety used to be so bad I would wake up at night and smoke... In the morning I would smoke 4 or 5 more right away... All together I would smoke about 2 packs a day -

E- Cigs have helped me alot -

regards Walt -

Thanks Teddy - I can relate to having agoraphobia...Sometimes I just stay home & relax rather than go out & deal with traffic & rude people...

I can understand fear of driving... i think everybody has this once in a while - I live in Miami so the drivers here are lacking in good driving skills... :)

Stick with it & the more you drive the less scarry it will be... Just take it a step at a time...

What am I proud of:

Getting through college. Earning an A on a major research project. Getting a job that usually requires a degree before I earned mine. Standing up for myself when I was in danger even if some authority figures got whinny with me for refusing to be a victim again. Relearning self control. Gaining more control over my thoughts than I did have at times in my past.

I have learned that I must serve myself and my checkbook. I must not commit to anything that will hurt myself or those I need. I do not have to be the tool that I was several years ago.

Edited by Rattler6

Thanks :) I also cut down for 2 months to 1 cig a day using the e-cig. A bunch of things happened and I went back to the real ones.

Thats cool... It's not easy - I just puff my e-cig when i want to smoke...

What am I proud of:

Getting through college. Earning an A on a major research project. Getting a job that usually requires a degree before I earned mine. Standing up for myself when I was in danger even if some authority figures got whinny with me for refusing to be a victim again. Relearning self control. Gaining more control over my thoughts than I did have at times in my past.

I have learned that I must serve myself and my checkbook. I must not commit to anything that will hurt myself or those I need. I do not have to be the tool that I was several years ago.

Gaining control of your thoughts isnt easy sometimes... That's something good to work on...

I'm walking (& jogging a little) for my mental and physical health. This is helping me overcome a very fundamental flaw in my thinking related to goal-making and goal-achieving. Used to, if I did not surpass whatever goal I made for myself, I saw myself as actually failing. Yes, I could 'meet' my goal and still see myself as failing. Makes it hard to work towards a goal when even achievement feels like failure. It may not sound like much, but this subtle shift in thinking represents a major break-through for me.

Congrats screenman and Teddy for cutting back on smoking. Not an easy feat, by any means. You both rock!