Pick One Aspect Of Depression That You Wish You Could Eliminate..what Would It Be?

lp44

Insomnia, hands down.

The insomnia makes things worse for me causes my anxiety to sky rocket in turn make me more depressed. A few days without sleep or poor sleep just sets me on a track of having a cycle of bad disorganized days where I forget or lose things, no energy to clean or get organized, I eat poorly because I'm unprepared, don't exercise because my exhausted then all of that just contributes to more deprssion.

I've told my doc a few times i just need sleeping medication more than anything! I'm actually tapering off effexor right now and I'm hoping in the future to be med free except for occasional sleep meds when neeeed.

I would say insomnia but my insomnia is related to my PTSD and if depression was taken off the table it would still be there. Inertia is what I choose. That stuck in cement feeling that makes dealing with everything else so hard,

Edited by Fizzle

I would say insomnia but my insomnia is related to my PTSD and if depression was taken off the table it would still be there. Inertia is what I choose. That stuck in cement feeling that makes dealing with everything else so hard,

"That stuck in cement feeling that makes dealing with everything else so hard" is a very good description and is high on my list too.

Hope you have a peaceful day.

The lack of human connections and the feeling of it being impossible to try and reestablish friendships.

I do believe they are one in the same. And it really sucks because I let many good friends just slip away by simply "ignoring" them and not having the energy to reach out or even send that first text message or return that phone call.

Thank you all for your responses! I think it helps for everyone to read these kinds of things. It's funny (wrong word) how if we could just remove "our one thing" how much easier things would be probably.

I guess for me it would be probably the "self hate" for lack of a better way to put it. I am highly functional from day to day....but I'm pretty sure I just stay busy to keep from thinking too much.