What's The Friggen Point If Depression Is Going To Be With Me Forever, Actually *** Is The Literal Point.

Maybe tomorrow I'll feel good for 30 minutes, maybe the next day I won't feel good at all, so far it's nothing but crap, feeling like crap, looking like crap, hating everyone, can't stand being out in public I just want to go to bed and sleep, sick of people expecting me to do things for them they can bugger off.

Argh, I'm so ****** alone.... on purpose... but not on purpose....?

Edited by Rayniverse

Hi Ray,

Sorry you're in a bad place right now.......but you have the strength to live with your depression. I remember when you first became a member, you posted in a positive way. Forget about doing things for other people, it's time for you to do things for yourself. The message in your signature about a Zen Master is very uplifting, try and apply some of the message into your own life.

Hi Ray, I hope you're feeling better today. I know the feelings of being depressed and lonely. But sometimes it's good to just appreciate the little things..one step at a time. Just like Flash said..you have the strength to live with your depression. There might be some good days and bad days..but please keep trying. Also, do you see a therapist ? That would really help, and getting out to exercise is also really good to help stabilize your moods...also do take ant antidepressant medication...that's really helpful.

Speaking as someone who has escaped that tunnel, please keep trying!

It can feel like a terrible blockage, making it seem like the number one reason you keep on going is to beat the very illness that makes your life hard. If you free yourself from that trouble, even for a little while, you might find something worth trying for. I hope you feel better soon, but it is absolutely worth it in the end. Remember, depression is both a physical and emotional illness that keeps you trapped in that same state as long as it has you. The better you resist it and enjoy life for yourself, the less it's draw will be able to pull you back in. Live, and enjoy yourself! Go out of your way to do things for you!

Thanks everyone, I am feeling much better for now, that was a wee bit of a rollercoaster I must say...

I had stopped taking my medication, as my prescription ran out and I just forgot to go back to the doctor and get some more as I kind of felt ok without them... however after about day 3 I crashed, my depression came back so badly, as if I had never started taking meds.... now after a few days back on them I am starting to return to normal, not happy but not 'insanely depressed' which for people like us I guess we could label as happiness seeing as it's all subjective... hah never thought about it like that.

Never stop taking your meds abruptly, I've learnt that the hard way, make sure you see the doctor about it first.

Hi Ray, I hope you're feeling better today. I know the feelings of being depressed and lonely. But sometimes it's good to just appreciate the little things..one step at a time. Just like Flash said..you have the strength to live with your depression. There might be some good days and bad days..but please keep trying. Also, do you see a therapist ? That would really help, and getting out to exercise is also really good to help stabilize your moods...also do take ant antidepressant medication...that's really helpful.

Thank you for the post, I did see someone for a little bit and it was working well but I had to stop and things just hit a stand still, so I am going to be going back next week and keeping it a regular thing, I do get some excercise, I am a volunteer firefighter for my local fire brigade (in training) and it's been difficult not to quit because it's pretty intense and my depression can get in the way sometimes, but I'm still going at it! just!

Edited by Rayniverse