Just When Things Were Looking Up...

taysmom1016

Things have been going well lately and my son and I decided to add to our family with another dog. I went to a rescue event on Sat. and fell in love with a mixed breed pup, took video of him to show my son, filled out an application, and hoped. Yesterday they contacted me with the wonderful news that we had been approved and as soon as the vet checked out our pup, we could make arrangements to pick him up. We were over the moon! I ordered name tags, collar, shirts, toys, etc. and couldn't wait and my son told all his friends about his new puppy.

Today I was contacted by the rescue agency again. It seems that they received an "anonymous" phone call, stating that we spent a lot of time at my dad's who did not approve of us adopting the pup (NOT TRUE, he gave us his blessing and even offered to pay part of the adoption fee to help us out) and that his home was unfit to bring a new pup into because his dogs weren't trained and the house was full of urine and feces (also not true, he has one dog who has accidents but he cleans up after her...he's 87 for crying out loud, it's not like he can walk the dogs 3 times a day like I do when I'm there). Because of this, they were denying us the adoption.

I was absolutely crushed...as was my son. The really sad part? I am 99.9% sure that the phone call came from my SISTER who has an ongoing feud with me over my dad's money which he has told her over and over again to mind her own business, taken her name off his account because of this, and defended me because of all I do to help. But she is so vindictive, she now cost us our puppy. She not only hurt me, but she hurt my son. UNFORGIVABLE!!!!

I've tried appealing to the agency, telling them it was a vindictive phone call and not true, to please call my dad and if they needed more references on how well I treat my furbabies, I could give them a dozen more phone numbers from people who really know me. Now I'm waiting to hear if they will reconsider, but it doesn't sound good.

Why? I can get a dog ANYWHERE and this is NOT going to stop me, but I try to do a good thing by rescuing a puppy who NEEDS a home and she does THIS??? HOW CAN FAMILY BE SO EVIL????

Thanks Epi...

A peculiar thing happened. After I blew up on Facebook at whomever was responsible, the rescue agency received another call the next day admitting that the call was made out of spite and anger, was untrue and that they regretted making the call because I was a good pet owner and deserved to adopt the pup. So they decided to go through with the adoption, although I can tell they are still skeptical. They're delivering him tomorrow so they can see where he will be living "just in case". I'm so confused, my sister swears she didn't make the call (I want to believe her but I'm not totally convinced) and the only other enemy I have (son's stepmother) would never do the right thing and call back. On one hand, I want to thank the caller for ultimately doing the right thing. On the other hand, I want to throttle the caller for putting my son and me through 24 hours of pure hell. I've never seen him look so sad as he did for the time period he thought we weren't getting our puppy and while you can do what you want to me (I'm used to it), you don't hurt my kid and get away with it. I just hope karma lets me watch!

Thank you, GoldenEve! We got our new baby, Archie, yesterday and we are over the moon happy with him. He is absolutely beautiful, loving, and SO smart (7 months old and house trained, sits, stays, comes...). He looks like a dark red Golden Retriever but his mom was a pure bred Chow and they're not sure about the dad (but our pup is too small to be part golden) so we're thinking maybe Beagle? Doesn't matter, he's 100% sweet and we love him dearly! :cat_jumps::icon12::hearts::hearthrob::EmoticonDogRun:

Thank you, GoldenEve! We got our new baby, Archie, yesterday and we are over the moon happy with him. He is absolutely beautiful, loving, and SO smart (7 months old and house trained, sits, stays, comes...). He looks like a dark red Golden Retriever but his mom was a pure bred Chow and they're not sure about the dad (but our pup is too small to be part golden) so we're thinking maybe Beagle? Doesn't matter, he's 100% sweet and we love him dearly! :cat_jumps::icon12::hearts::hearthrob::EmoticonDogRun:

That's awesome. Glad things ended well. At least you got the payoff, after it started off as a hard time.

Aww..my dog's a chow chow.

I don't know the breed very well, but if they're as sweet and smart as ours, I know which parent he got it from! What color is your dog? Ours is such a pretty shade of red that we call him our lucky penny. I posted a picture in my gallery!

I have a picture of mine in my gallery too. He's mostly red with some white and dark brown, they call it cinnamon in the chow books. Yours doesn't look that much like a chow chow (sorry), lol. They are really loyal to their family but can be aggressive to strangers so something to look out for. The shelter I got him from made sure I took him to dog school to train and aggressiveness out of him. They are really smart but so smart that it's hard to make them obedient. Good luck with your new family member!

Your dog is beautiful! Don't worry about offending me by saying mine doesn't look chow, I totally agree! In fact if the rescue lady hadn't told me she knew for a fact that his mama was a chow, I never would have believed it. I saw him and thought, "golden retriever" and that's what drew me to him. He's sleeping at the foot of my bed right now with one of my two cats. So far other than being a little shy, he's been great with strangers but I walk almost every day and my dogs (and cats in a stroller, lol) get a lot of attention. Thanks for the info...I'll be doing some extra obedience training with him, just to be on the safe side!

So happy for you taysmon1016, I'm sure that Archie will bring you many years of happiness to you and your son. I always think that dog are a gift from heaven, could be for that reason that spell backward their name is god.