Frustrated At Not Being Able To Feel Things

This has been a relatively new thing for me even though the rest of my symptoms have been present throughout my life. Not really sure what to do with it. Makes me incredibly restless and disappointed in myself. I guess that's a good thing that I can feel disappointed in myself rather than nothing at all? I dunno.

Ever notice how you can be happy, sad, angry, scared, whatever, one minute, and shortly after you are still in that situation and just don't feel anything? I recognize this should annoy me (not feeling things) but currently it just doesn't. I want to feel, but many times I just don't.

Don't know what happened there...my whole post is gone. Basically "I hear ya!" I don't really have fluctuating emotions. I just have one..numb...and that's not an emotion. I agree with Whistu..I think we "take it all in" I just don't think we deal with it the same.

Edited by lp44

i got used to it,when my father got cancer,i dint feel a single thing,i dint got worried for his life,i dint got sad.It can be pretty good to not have feelings.

I have felt this way before too. I'm not sure exactly anymore when it has come or gone but same happened to me when I lost my best friend's dad. I can see pros and cons to feelings, but the larger implications for becoming a type one civilization, etc I think calls for feelings. But I won't go into all that right now.