Sign in to follow this  
starkid12

Why Did My Therapist??

Yesterday I was feel way down. I texted my best friend. "Why does nothing in my life go as its supposed to." Then I said. "I feel like crashing my car on purpose." She said I should talk to my therapist. So I texted her the crashing on purpose feeling... She then said she would text me every hour to check in on me... Why would she do that??

She's checking in with you because you are mentally not well. I would say it's a good thing your therapist would do this for you, I know of some others that would just tell you to come in for another appointment.

Hi Starkid12

Likely she is doing that as she is fearful you are suicidal. Making statements like that put people on high alert unless you qualify with "but I won't". I hope that you are not planning on doing such a thing but if you are, please contact you therapist (perhaps directly by phone) or go to your nearest hospital.

Take care

WOW......thats........awesome...i wish i was treated this well...you are probably in a first world country...damn,meanwhile,therapists refuse to see me because im not in their favorite health plan.....

starkid, thinking about crashing your car, or stepping out in front of a bus, or even just wishing you could go to sleep and never wake up are pretty serious thoughts. Flash, SadBot, and Callie have it right that your therapist is really looking out for you. Sounds like you have a good therapist. You will get past this, even though it doesn't seem like it now. Don't give up and don't make a permanent choice for a temporary situation. You will overcome this depression.