Sign in to follow this  
HopeButterfly

What Dose Of Abilify Do You Take As An Add On To Your Antidepressant?

I'm presently on 7.5 mgs of Abilify as an add on to my Zoloft. I'm wondering if I should raise it to 10 mgs. The problem is it's impossible to cut the 15 mgs. in perfect halves and I don't think I'm getting an accurate daily dose.

I'm also afraid to take too much of this medication.

I'd like to hear what dose you take to boost your antidepressant.

Hi,

Im on 5mg with my zoloft and it is the perfect combination. It has been

years and no depression whatsoever.

best wishes,

starr

Hi all,

I'm thinking about talking to my Dr about antidepressants, but seens that not most people who are on them say it doesn't work. What is the best meds. I've been on Prozac about 6-7 years ago for about a year but it was like taking nothing. I sure would like to feel better.

I'm on 10mg abilify for the past 2 weeks (was on 5mg before that) along with 150mg Zoloft. Ever since the dose increase, I have been feeling tired and having difficulty concentrating. I am thinking of dropping back down to 5mg. Anyone have any experience with this? PS my pdoc increased it because I had fallen back into depression for a few days. I feel like she might have just jumped the gun too fast in raising the dosage.

I have been on Prozac for quite a few years and they just stopped working. About 5 weeks ago my doc doubled my Prozac to 80mg and added Abilify 10mg a day...I just wish it would start helping me with this depression.

I take 15mg Abilify on top of Mirtazapine 45mg. This seems to be an effective dose for me. I've tried lower doses but they don't do the job quite the same.

EDIT: Didn't realize I posted in this thread already lol.

Edited by Bradoonee

I'm presently on 7.5 mgs of Abilify as an add on to my Zoloft.  I'm wondering if I should raise it to 10 mgs.  The problem is it's impossible to cut the 15 mgs. in perfect halves and I don't think I'm getting an accurate daily dose.  

I'm also afraid to take too much of this medication.  

I'd like to hear what dose you take to boost your antidepressant.

Interesting. Back in 2010 when I started seeing my psychiatrist the first things he put me on was Zoloft (200mg - we built up to that, it wasn't my initial dose) and Abilify 30mg (I have psychosis and it was also supposed to be an adjunct to the Zoloft. Now I'm on different medications.