Sign in to follow this  
Ixeua

The "how Do You Feel Right Now?" Thread

Better than earlier, for sure. My new pdoc is very rational, funny, and easy to talk to. She is trying me on Zoloft, something I haven't tried, to see if it gives me any improvement. I am also pleased that my w-2's came in, because tax season feels like Christmas for grown-ups.... I could really use the extra money. I am still stressed about things I have been putting off due to depression and anxiety, but think I will slowly start tackling them over the next week.

I hope the Zoloft works out for you, it works pretty well for me. Try and be patient, it can take a long time to get you to a comfortable place, but it's worth the wait.

Thank you, I hope so too! I know everyone responds to meds differently, but I have met a few people who Zoloft has really helped. I'm starting at 50mg for 2 weeks, and then bumping up to 100mg.

Sounds good :flowers:

Basically almost the same as yesterday... I sometimes feel like I'm in the movie the Groundhog Day where everyday is the same & nothing improves. I don't know what to do anymore. This is just ridiculous.

Basically almost the same as yesterday... I sometimes feel like I'm in the movie the Groundhog Day where everyday is the same & nothing improves. I don't know what to do anymore. This is just ridiculous.

Sorry you're still feeling this way GAJ123. I know the feeling.

Better than earlier, for sure. My new pdoc is very rational, funny, and easy to talk to. She is trying me on Zoloft, something I haven't tried, to see if it gives me any improvement. I am also pleased that my w-2's came in, because tax season feels like Christmas for grown-ups.... I could really use the extra money. I am still stressed about things I have been putting off due to depression and anxiety, but think I will slowly start tackling them over the next week.

I'm so glad that your appointment went well and that you like your new pdoc. Zoloft was very effective for me at one time; as you may know, it is one of the "cleanest" ADs.

I sorry you are still stressed. Maybe you can find some hope in your new med. If nothing else, maybe you can be proud of yourself for doing all the things it took to make the new med happen. I don't know about you, but for me, most anything seems like a monumental task. LOL!

May I borrow some money? :joker:

So overwhelmed. I can't take much more of this, I really can't. No one I know cares. Why do I bother? I will never get better. Good night, love you all.

Except for, "Good night, love you all.," that sucks and I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. I can so relate to your thoughts and feelings. There is hope though and people do care, even though you may not be able to see that right now. Peace. :flowers:

Panicking. I've moved to a new place, living with my parents, I don't have enough money for vehicle, and yet I'm going to have to find a job within the next month-2 months. After my experience this past year working in retail, I don't see how I can go back to a job like that without compromising my mental health. Just so freaked out because I don't feel stable enough to have a job and yet I need a job and I don't know what to do :(

I'm a little off from my recent "happy" days. I think it is because I tried taking my Wellbutrin at different times to find some schedule that will cause less insomnia.

Prior to "happy," I was taking my first dose when ever I woke up and then my next dose the required minimum of 8 hours later if it did not seem too late in the day “insomnia-wise.”

Then I was not getting enough Wellbutrin for my MDD. So, I started taking it at 5A and 1P and I was HAPPY, but sleeping very little. After several days of little or no sleep (literally), I tried taking it at 4A and 12P and then 3A and 11A.

Nothing is working. I discontinued Vistiril because it was not helping with my insomnia and was drying out my eyes to the point of pain and stinging. I hesitate to try something new because I'm terrified that it will make me feel groggy the next day and mask my newly found happiness and tiny amount of energy.

Overall, I still feel good and have hope. I am determined to persevere, right now at least! LOL!. I've been in this vicious cycle for too long to give up now!

Dolphin suggested Remeron - thanks Dolphin! - and I'm looking into it. You guys rock! :thumbs-up:

Panicking. I've moved to a new place, living with my parents, I don't have enough money for vehicle, and yet I'm going to have to find a job within the next month-2 months. After my experience this past year working in retail, I don't see how I can go back to a job like that without compromising my mental health. Just so freaked out because I don't feel stable enough to have a job and yet I need a job and I don't know what to do :(

re: jobs--maybe try a temp agency? Do you need something that's like retail--are you just starting out trying to get employment? I know there are some people who thrive in that environment, but I know what you mean. There are warehouse jobs I've heard of (my son, who is kind of low-skilled and on the autism spectrum has one. It's part-time, but still...).

I know it seems crazy and I can say this only after a year and a half of medication, but don't let your job or lack of employment define you. It can make your life rough, but it is NOT who you are!

Wishing you all the best and brighter days ahead!

Like . I'm reducing my Klonopin to stop it after 13 years since I can't get an organic diagnosis for my dizziness from any doctor. I'm almost positive it's a long-term side-effect. I can't sleep, my head has been pounding all day, and the pile of meds the neurologist threw at me to try and find a diagnosis are making my stomach boil. I have no clue how I'm going to go to work like this.

I vacuumed the house the just laid down for five hours. I hate this I just want to have energy to have a drive to not be such a dull no energy person. Learned also today my farther wants to die due to his health issues. I am several states away luckly so I can hide my depression as I have for most my life.

Right now, I feel a little disappointed because I thought I could at least suffer it out to the end of this year, but I really don't see that happening for me. I guess I'll have to take action sooner than I had planned.

I had a nice day today but I am tired.I think nights are the worst for me.That`s usually when I feel the depression and the loneliness the most.It seems like it`s always with me but it`s worse at night.

Right now, except for having had too much ice cream cake, I'm okay. It's my son's birthday today and we had beautiful weather and a pretty chill day. I took him to see our old neighborhood early in the day. We saw a movie, "Big Hero 6," which we really liked and then dinner at a local restaurant and ice cream cake and presents at home.

I'm feeling tired, I made his favorite breakfast (biscuits & gravy, all from scratch, which was pretty labor-intensive). I think I stood for an entire hour, if not longer... My husband observed that when he himself was my son's current age, he was marrying me!

Tomorrow we're going to meet with friends for another birthday dinner, at my son's favorite restaurant.

oh it must be the sugar...I'm yawning.

I feel stuck in a loop.

The pattern is:

1) Read about some better ways of thinking

2) Spend a small amount of time trying those ways of thinking and think "this is a better way of thinking"

3) The next day forget everything and go back to my horrible whinging thoughts with self defeating attitudes

4) A week later go back to 1

Just can't seem to get anywhere.

Right now, I feel a little disappointed because I thought I could at least suffer it out to the end of this year, but I really don't see that happening for me. I guess I'll have to take action sooner than I had planned.

Please remember that things can be better when the right steps towards recovery are taken. The right therapy and meds can really make a world of difference, which later unravels a whole lotta changes in ones life.

I know I say this often, but please call a hotline. I've never been squeamish to do so, and it has helped me through the hardest of times.

I feel well-rested and my batteries are recharged. It's a beautiful Sunday and I haven't got a lot of work to do. Next week is going to be really difficult because the combination of my morning shift and commute causes sleepless nights and really sick early rising in the middle of the night.

On the other hand, tomorrow after work I'm buying silicone cupcake and cake molds in Lidl and I'm making some awesome cake!

I hate myself. I'm totally worthless. I can't function at all, I just sleep and sleep and sleep. I'm a terrible mother because I'm not awake long enough to be a mother. My husband works 50+ hours a week and still has to make dinner, watch kids, and do laundry because I'm asleep. I thought that starting cymbalta would change everything, or at least help, but it hasn't done anything at all. I don't even know why I'm still on this earth.