Sign in to follow this  
Ixeua

The "how Do You Feel Right Now?" Thread

Two days ago I was reading a post from another board that said that teenagers usually get out of the teenage years relatively unscathed. Unfortunately I don't think that statistic included the ones that are in the grips of a mental illness.

*sigh*

Two days ago I was reading a post from another board that said that teenagers usually get out of the teenage years relatively unscathed. Unfortunately I don't think that statistic included the ones that are in the grips of a mental illness.

*sigh*

I agree.

Doing ok, I guess. I'm trying not to catch the respirtory infection that everyone at work has. I was disinfecting everything this morning.

I'm researching herbal medications for anxiety. The one that my therapist recommended is known to cause liver damage even after short term use.

I'm not sure how I feel. I met two guys via a dating website. I liked both guys enough to keep going out with both. I ended up sleeping with one last night and it didn't go well. Due to my inability to orgasm it was this big thing where he felt bad because he wants to make the other person feel good... Pressuring me when 80 percent of women can't orgasm... He's defiently not a right fit for me.

I felt like pure crap as I'm sure many on meducations can relate to.

I wanted to prove something to myself because another guy I did like over the summer told me I'm the only girl he felt no intimacy with during sex. Is it me and I don't give off feeling to others? Or maybe I need to put sex off until I'm doing it for the right reason.

He is fixated on a coworker who told him she wasn't attracted to him because she's obsessed with a married man who got her pregnant. He wanted to force himself to give me a chance when he wasn't feeling it.

Is it just me or do others always fear you'll end up with someone faking it because of depression? This guy suffers depression himself which I didn't know until last night.

It was a wake up call to me to listen to my instincts. I sensed rebound because he mentioned his ex a few times on our dates. I got his dating history last night, he got with her while obsessed with another woman who didn't want him. It wasn't the ex, but women who didnt want him.

So I've vowed to take it slow with anyone else I date.

Really not good. Already made a couple of threads today.

Woke up feeling horrendous. Literally couldn't get out of bed. Am visiting future in-laws and had some commitments today. Took a dose of Dexedrine which I used to use quite frequently to get me through working days but which I haven't used for months. It helped me get through the day well enough but I got the predictable crash later on. Took a couple of Xanax earlier to get to sleep. Woke up at 1am wide awake and extremely anxious. Still wide awake now at 3am and have taken a couple more Xanax.

Had a feeling of utter futility and lack of interest in absolutely everything for a few hours earlier this evening. Felt horrendous. Had been having a good run before this latest episode and hope I can get back to feeling ok again.

Depression and anxiety are terrible illnesses. I'm actually feeling angry now, just thinking about them and all the people who have to suffer so much.

Netflix has the power to calm me only if I get to watch something light and funny...or serious and beautiful.

Good for you quitting smoking! It's difficult and you're brave to do it before job interviews!

deep breaths now!!!

Not good. Just found out a member of my church, a beloved friend who was a blessing to everyone, was killed in a car accident. Not processing it.

I'm so sorry for your loss and your community's loss. Hugs...

Thinking about my ex a lot which has become like torture, it's been 9 months already and it hurts just as bad still. I'm really not helping myself at the moment and just feeding my anxious feelings, I really want to get better but I can't see how. Low, low, low.

I am sorry, lostingreece :-( I deal with the same thing every day, mate. Letting go of someone you loved dearly is hard. All we can do, I think, is detach with love as best as we can, and let time do the healing. Slow going, I know, but try to take some comfort in the fact that you aren't alone.

Peace,

Tim

Edited by LonelyHiker

I currently feel like I was being sucked down into a huge dark whirlpool, waiting to hit the bottom and drown to death under the weight of the water, but when I got to the bottom I realized that it was not gonna put me out of my misery and that now I have to learn to breathe underwater, much to my torture.

Hope you can hold on...it will get better.

I feel neutral right now. =P Classes start up next week and I'm looking forward to getting outta the house. Also just applied for health insurance and hoping for some job interviews even though they scare me to death. We'll see where it goes from here.

I'm much healthier feeling today. I took a pain remedy on top of my mirtazapine last night and conked out--my head was hurting so badly, I really needed some relief.

We usually watch a little funny tv before bed, and when my spouse asked me, I knew I couldn't bear to keep my eyes open another second...

I think I got 8 hours but woke up sporadically to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

That was good because today was a heavy driving day (driving my son to & from work, then to job club and back) (and that meant part of my day was in limbo wihile my son was in job club).

What would happen to him if I started working full or even part-time again?

Positive, Saw a doctor today for the first time in 14 years to try and sort myself out. When I was in the waiting room I could feel myself starting to panic but I managed to stop myself from bolting for the door. I'm a little worried about taking meds and she said that I should try CBT which I'm also not so sure about. But I hope I can start to get thing's straight. It's been too long.

Edited by lostingreece

Positive, Saw a doctor today for the first time in 14 years to try and sort myself out. When I was in the waiting room I could feel myself starting to panic but I managed to stop myself from bolting for the door. I'm a little worried about taking meds and she said that I should try CBT which I'm also not so sure about. But I hope I can start to get thing's straight. It's been too long.

Glad to see you got to a doctor after so long. Sometimes that is the biggest step GETTING THERE.

I hope things get better for you.

I feel ok. Last night i did hit up one sleeping pill. I made it through until the alarm which is what i wanted.

I was looking forward to this this week. I have not been to my CoDependency meeting for the past two weeks. Being on Wednesdays it was Christmas and New Years Eve. So i will go to the meeting tonight. Plus i have therapy this week. I go every other week and the last time was right before Christmas. Always leaves time to have things to talk about.

Other than that it is another work day.

I got some very bad news about an old friend this morning and I am... twisting, I would say, anxious, tired and down.

Otherwise, I had a job interview this morning that went better than I could have imagined. But now I am nervous that I won't get it and will be sentenced to this job until the end of times or the crick rises, whichever comes first.

Just worried about my future still. Also, have an MRI of my TMJ scheduled for sometime next week or so, & if it don't show anything than I don't know what I'm going to do. Just so tired of being sick. Some days I feel like I'm barely hanging on. Just want to be at peace already instead of always worrying about my health.