The "how Do You Feel Right Now?" Thread

Ixeua

At least I tried, I've been telling myself I would be more social and more outgoing. Because I have social anxiety, usually I plan something then I never leave the house. I planned a social outing for this morning, it didn't happen,  but at least I left the house. At least I tried.

Edited by kgpremed11

((havehope))  I do think that is awful. He may have been trying to lighten and joke and perhaps even make you feel included (?? - maybe not,of course), but, even if he was trying to be accepting of you, it was not a good approach (clumsy at best), in my opinion.

We are not crazy - not a psychosis etc.  We are depressed, along with an astounding percentage of people these days.  I would agree with sairyss above, but I would say be proud that you are a survivor. If they don't already, in time your friends will see you that way as well.

Cheers

Brian

Thank you Brian, thank you sairyss..... thank you both kindly! :)

My friend's comment just made me feel like such crap though. Brian, you're so right.... it's not like there isn't a huge number of people out there with depression, and with any other number of issues... but then again, how many people get hospitalized and sent to the psych ward for a week? Not once, but twice?

Well, there's nothing I can do about it... I will forever be looked at as the one from our crowd who went nuts. Maybe I will rejoice in my craziness. LOL. Yes, I am a survivor, no doubt Brian :)

well, I got hit with my illness square on last night. It was a grand time, the band was amazing, and I was in my element dancing. Then I ran into an old friend from college. He knows something happened to me last year and I assume that my friend Angela told all our college buds that I had been hospitalized. Well, we were talking about people being off the wall crazy and I said there's always one in the crowd, and my friend Matt patted me on the back and said, yeah, there's always one in the crowd.... I almost started crying. I have now been deemed as the crazy one from my old college crowd. Great. What do I do with that?!? I only assume he knows I had been hospitalized....

be proud to be called the "crazy one"

it just means less people are likely to mess with you..

havehope, I like sairyss's assessment here.Some people are in awe of "crazy'' people because it seems like we just do our own thing without a care as to what anyone else thinks.

And some people are kind of letting us know they appreciate us no matter what.

Please don't think too much over this. Next time it happens, pat him back, grin and say, "Takes one to know one!"

and sairyss, that stinks about your strawberries! I won't buy any "fresh" ones here because they are so out of season. It's apple time in my part of the world.

((havehope))  I do think that is awful. He may have been trying to lighten and joke and perhaps even make you feel included (?? - maybe not,of course), but, even if he was trying to be accepting of you, it was not a good approach (clumsy at best), in my opinion.

We are not crazy - not a psychosis etc.  We are depressed, along with an astounding percentage of people these days.  I would agree with sairyss above, but I would say be proud that you are a survivor. If they don't already, in time your friends will see you that way as well.

Cheers

Brian

you are absolutely correct... depression is not mental... its physical... it becomes mental when you are in the underlying problems caused by depression

Great point Dolphin!! Thank you as well!! :) :hugs:

sairyss... all I know is how my brain works which is to go to negative thinking on myself/my life... most the time. I have to work at it to turn around the negative thoughts... I don't know if that's my depression at work, or just the way I'm conditioned... when I'm feeling good, I tend to think much more positively all around, so perhaps it is the depression...

Edited by havehope

My friend's comment just made me feel like such crap though. Brian, you're so right.... it's not like there isn't a huge number of people out there with depression, and with any other number of issues... but then again, how many people get hospitalized and sent to the psych ward for a week? Not once, but twice?

Well, there's nothing I can do about it... I will forever be looked at as the one from our crowd who went nuts. Maybe I will rejoice in my craziness. LOL. Yes, I am a survivor, no doubt Brian :)

Hi 'gain, HH.  Being hospitalized for it is just a matter of degree.  It's still the same illness, you just very unfortunately got it worse than most of us (but not all) during those episodes.  I think there is one thing we can all agree on and that's the power of the our brains with this disease.  I consider myself fortunate that I have not been hospitalized, but i know it's not through some great coping I have done or anything like that. I've just been lucky - my brain just hasn't taken me down as powerfully (not yet at least LOL).

After spending yesterday at Niagara Falls I feel exhausted and still pretty chilled to the bone. Had a great dinner and now I feel like... what's next? Oh yeah, more house work. To everyone struggling today try to keep your head up. All things shall pass.

I love the Falls!! 

After spending yesterday at Niagara Falls I feel exhausted and still pretty chilled to the bone. Had a great dinner and now I feel like... what's next? Oh yeah, more house work. To everyone struggling today try to keep your head up. All things shall pass.

We were at the Falls last week on vacation. It was cool.

Hi 'gain, HH.  Being hospitalized for it is just a matter of degree.  It's still the same illness, you just very unfortunately got it worse than most of us (but not all) during those episodes.  I think there is one thing we can all agree on and that's the power of the our brains with this disease.  I consider myself fortunate that I have not been hospitalized, but i know it's not through some great coping I have done or anything like that. I've just been lucky - my brain just hasn't taken me down as powerfully (not yet at least LOL).

Yep... it's a matter of degree, you're right. I had a full on breakdown. But it is what it is, and i recovered thankfully.. you are lucky. Getting hospitalized is no picnic. But alas, that was over a year ago.... and I'm standing now so that's good. :)

Fighting the urge to drink later today. I'm in a decent mood though as I hang out in the library.

It's Saturday night, AND I'm going to do laundry--both big triggers for me. I'm heading to the grocery store a little later and there's a huge booze store connected to it. The trick will be steering clear of it.

I feel great today because I didn't drink last night. A rational person would think that's enough reason not to drink. But I've never been accused of being rational.

I feel like a broken record but again I'm tired and unmotivated.

I'm going to be really honest with myself, I spend WAY too much time on the internet. Before smart phones and the web becoming a "necessity" (which is silly) I got so much done. It's good in ways to have somewhere to vent because often people in RL don't care, but I have to put a time limit on this. Facebook is totally consuming, not so much because I care what other people are doing, but because I use it to k*ll time...10 minutes turns into 2-3 hours a day! No more.

They just did a study that's going viral about too much time on the internet increasing depression and I believe it. People are aimlessly walking around staring at their cell phones constantly. Next time you're outside watch people. Everyone is on their cell. No social interaction. When is the last time your phone rang and it was a friend asking how you were doing? Now it's just meaningless texts or nothing at all..

I never see kids outside playing. Ever. Video games are totally consuming them although I guess it's better than when we were kids because we got into trouble (booze and drugs) out of boredom.

I miss the 1980's and 1990's. Everyone is socially messed up now.

I will still check in here because I spend maybe 10 minutes but FB has got to go. I'm being brutally honest with myself. It's time to cut the FB cord. This is why I get nothing done and start to feel tired.

Edited by novangel

supposed to be leaving in an hour to hang out with a friend of mine... but the closer it gets the less i want to go....

i know i need to go 1) because i have not seen her in a year.... 2) i know she wants to talk to me about the things going on in my life.... 3) i cant stay cooped up in the house and be a hermit.....

last night i told my ex that i cant talk to him anymore because of everything going on in my life.... i cried ... but not as bad as i thought i would .....

does that mean that i have come to terms that he isnt "the one"

i question everything.. i always say what if this or what if that.... and it gets to the point that i cause my self to go into depression... (thanks TA for telling me about that behavior.... i didnt realiize i was doing it)

well today my what if is.... what if i dont go with my friend.... what would happen..... so today i am not gonna find out what would happen if i dont go...

instead its going to be.... what if i do go....

Please excuse me for posting here and not having read any of the past several posts. I am just heart broken as a friend of 42 years (I am 54) slipped into a coma and is not expected to live after developing blood clots that went to her lungs and heart. Now her organs are shutting down. She was found collapsed on the sidewalk in front of her house. 

I'm also angry, and angry at myself for being angry because all is okay now,  because that could have been me a year ago. I developed blood clots in my lungs and the doctors at the ER didn't believe I was in distress, and sent me home. Thank goodness my PCP was able to get me in right away, took me seriously, did the diagnostic testing and found the clots, and was able to treat me successfully. A year later I'm almost back to normal, but will never have strong lungs again. And after that and other ER visits where I wasn't taken seriously (like a stroke that was misdiagnosed as a migraine, also no testing, which was before the blood clots), I am very wary of and angry at doctors. And there is more, but I won't go into it here.  But my friend, Michelle, had none of these experiences with doctors, just a catastrophic collapse.  Of course, I am devastated for her and her family, so why am I letting my anger toward doctors in my thoughts even right now? 

Please excuse me for posting here and not having read any of the past several posts. I am just heart broken as a friend of 42 years (I am 54) slipped into a coma and is not expected to live after developing blood clots that went to her lungs and heart. Now her organs are shutting down. She was found collapsed on the sidewalk in front of her house. 

I'm also angry, and angry at myself for being angry because all is okay now,  because that could have been me a year ago. I developed blood clots in my lungs and the doctors at the ER didn't believe I was in distress, and sent me home. Thank goodness my PCP was able to get me in right away, took me seriously, did the diagnostic testing and found the clots, and was able to treat me successfully. A year later I'm almost back to normal, but will never have strong lungs again. And after that and other ER visits where I wasn't taken seriously (like a stroke that was misdiagnosed as a migraine, also no testing, which was before the blood clots), I am very wary of and angry at doctors. And there is more, but I won't go into it here.  But my friend, Michelle, had none of these experiences with doctors, just a catastrophic collapse.  Of course, I am devastated for her and her family, so why am I letting my anger toward doctors in my thoughts even right now? 

Wow, that's really scary and I'm so sorry. Mind if I ask if either of you were/are on birth control or any type of estrogen replacement? I'm scared of hormonal BC for this reason.

StaticNova: ((hugs))

Tired right now.  Just spent a couple of hours online filling out paperwork for my new job.  I'll be busy next week.  Have to verify I have all my immunizations and get a current physical examination with my primary doctor.  Plus a drug screen, which is always fun, right?  A lot of red tape basically.

JJ

Well one of my oldest friends just killed himself, so I'm not great....

i see everyone in so much pain and all i can say is .. im praying for each and everyone of you... i pray that the great mother reaches her hands out and takes some of the pain away... i pray that the all father guides you and gives you his strength so that you can get thru this... i am here for everyone if you need me just send me a message... or log into the live chat... ill make sure i have it on so i hear you log in... ((((((hugs))))))

in pain and unable to sleep 

(((Fizzle))) I hope you feel better and get some sleep soon.

Thank you Christina. I really needed some contact so appreciate it,. Considered a hospital visit but managed to hang in and its no as bad today. 

Havehope, Im so sorry. Thats a horrible thing to be at the receiving end of. It may be that he was joking so lets hope thats the case. He may well not know at all or not connect  the two things at all. If he did and  he said something like that intentionally and meant it then he isnt the kind of person you want to be around. 

Edited by Fizzle