The "how Do You Feel Right Now?" Thread

Ixeua

Hi guys.I really appreciate the support from everyone and your advice.As it is now, I have not gone to Urgent Care or the Emergency Room.Had another rough night last night. Third night in a row now. At this point I can't convince myself to get emergency medical attention. I know I'm miserable and that I'm definately sick with something, but I just can't get myself to go.I told my family and they don't seem concerned. Maybe I'm not as sick as I seem to think I am. Hardly eaten anything the last 3 days. I have no appetite. Ate some breakfast and some lunch today, but wish I hadn't. My stomach is throwing a fit. I have diarrhea and the like right now. I'm probably sticking just to water for a few days. That's all I'll be able to stomach right now.I hate to seek emergency care when all I really need is a prescription. The doctors likely won't do anything except to examine me and tell me what I already know is wrong. Then send me home with a script for meds. Then I'll still have to get in to see my dentist ASAP.Why there is not a dental emergency weekend practice in a town this large, I have no idea. I do have an emergency number for my old dentist and my family doctor, but not sure if I need to call them or not.As it is now, I'm going to wait this out. I know my liver is going to hate it, but I'm maxed out on OTC pain killers right now. Been alternating between Aleeve, Tylenol and Aspirin. I can't take Ibuprofen cause I'm allergic to it.I'm watching myself and trying to rest. Forcing myself to drink water even though I don't want it. If I develop a fever or any new symptoms occur or something gets worse, I'll go to seek emergency help.You all don't know this, but I have a history with the hospital here. There's only one hospital/Emergency Room in town and I've seen them about 6 times in the last two years. None of the visits were life threatening, but they were situations where I had symptoms that could've been serious. I always feel weird going back there, especially after last year. I had a psych visit at the ER that I'm not proud of.Thanks again for everything. I'll keep you posted.JJ

JJ,

I'm glad you updated us and you're monitoring yourself.

I hope you get some treatment or whatever you have resolves itself and you feel completely better.

big :hugs:

Feeling kinda sick.  I took a nap so I feel less tired, but now my tummy seems to be unhappy for some reason :/ 

do you have allergies or sinus issues? that can cause an upset stomach. Water with lemon always makes me feel better.

I do have both actually, that could very well be what caused it.  My fall allergies can get pretty terrible.

I'm feeling better in the tummy area but not in the brain area.  I don't know why I'm in such a downward slump right now.  

Crushed.

After my mom passed in 07 my step-dad whose been in my life since the age of 17 moved on and now I look at pictures of him with his "new" step-daughter and it kills me. I went to his wedding last year and while I'm happy for him it made me realize I have been replaced. I hardly ever hear from him and it makes me wonder if he only pretended to love me for my Mom. It really hurts.

Edited by novangel

Work was almost physically painful at one point today. Had a bunch of good conversations throughout which was refreshing. Got to pick the brains of some extremely successful people. I like to surround myself with successful people. I think I feel pretty okay right now which is amazing considering how I felt a couple hours ago.

Crushed.

After my mom passed in 07 my step-dad whose been in my life since the age of 17 moved on and now I look at pictures of him with his "new" step-daughter and it kills me. I went to his wedding last year and while I'm happy for him it made me realize I have been replaced. I hardly ever hear from him and it makes me wonder if he only pretended to love me for my Mom. It really hurts.

(((novangel))) I'm so sorry. May new people enter your life and cherish you.

Sorry I feel completely silly complaining about this given what everyone's going through. I'm just feeling...like this...DNE78R2.png

Lol! Love it! Is that your cat, Els1e?

Haha nope, but I'd adopt it in a second if it would keep making that face :-)

Slightly sad...last day of "staycation", really haven't done much of anything this week :/, just no motivation.

Any suggestions for how I should spend my last day off before trudging back to the salt mines? Lol

Hope everyone is doing OK, & hugs to those who are hurting.

T

Crushed.

(((novangel))) I'm so sorry. May new people enter your life and cherish you.

Thank you. I'm in tears.

I thought of this man as my father-figure since my bio father was never around growing up and it just kills me. He was all I knew from 17 to 32 and I don't have the guts to tell him how I feel. My family was torn from me since my Mom passed and looking at photos of him with his new wife and her daughter makes me cry. That was MY life. That was OUR house. That was MY family.

I try with my own father but he is very aloof.

My Mom told me before she died that my step-dad promised he would be there for me. Ya right..that didn't happen.

Christmas is always the worst. I f****** hate Christmas.

Hi everyone.

Just woke up a little bit ago here.

I've been still doing my usual day to day activities, as I have sometimes when I feel ok and others where I feel horrible and drained. For some reason the mornings have been easier. So, I am making time to rest and let my body recover from the infection, but I still need to slow down some.

Had a bit of a scare last night. I had my temperature up to 102.7 degrees F. Thought I'd have to go in, but the fever broke with aspirin and drinking more water. I didn't eat dinner, but sipped water all night until I was ready for bed.

I tossed and turned a lot again last night. Since this started I haven't been able to sleep without the help of an OTC sleep aid. It's natural, but I still don't like to take medications if I don't have to. It knocks me out pretty good, but with the infection I'm still waking up during the night.

I checked my temperature this morning and no fever. I was getting chills yesterday, so I was bundled most of the day. That's likely the cause of it getting so high in the first place.

No appetite again this morning, so I'm going to skip breakfast. I'm just going to take a water bottle to church with me. Pain levels are still the same.

I'll keep you updated.

Thanks again.

JJ

Edited by SFChristianGirl

I hope things get better for you SFCG. 

As for me, I feel okay right now. Just okay. I took my meds earlier and I think they're still working. Taking a break from exercise today (will start again tomorrow - doing an every other day sort of thing) and I think that's a good idea. I'm still a little tired though.

Not too bad.  Went out to party last night, talked with my date until 3 AM.  I'm in the friend zone, though we almost kissed once (unless I just imagined that LOL).  

Lots to do today. I'll have to do it through exhaustion and increasing anxiety about going into work tomorrow.

Brian

Thanks again for everything. I'll keep you posted.

JJ

hey, as others said, make sure to stay hydrated and drink electrolytes. for electrolytes you can put about 1/2 tsp. potassium salt (blue container at store, "lite salt" that's 50% potassium) and the juice of half a lemon or lime into a glass of water, mix it up. this is basically natural gatorade. you can drink it maybe 4 times a day if need be, plus regular water at other times. and the juice has vitamin C to fight whatever you're dealing with.

i hope you start doing better soon. and if you can swallow any soup or something that might be a good idea

Edited by stardreamer

awoke to a vivid and not-good dream about my abuser showing up and being creepy and demanding things, but the up-side to this was, my friends were in the dream, and they had my back and they were like "he can't do this, he's an a-shole", and were researching stuff to help me. and i told him to get out and he left.
was left with the feeling of gratitude for my friends, who have always had my back in every way they were able to.

I'm so sad! My mom just told me her brother (my uncle) never wants to see us anymore :(

The thing is that my grandfather bought us a car (because we don't have one and my grandfather has a lot of money because he sold his second house) obviously the money my grandfather spend on the car my uncle gets as well but just a little later. Apparently he can't stand that and he told my my mom she's always having it the easy way and asking for help! Seriously? If there is someone who never asks for help its my mom! And he's the one who has it easy with his high paying job and happy marriage. Expensive vacations, €20.000 kitchen, rebuilding the house.. He doesn't even need a car, besides with the money he's getting he could buy himself a car as well. He's such an ass..

Family fights suck!

Lots to do today. I'll have to do it through exhaustion and increasing anxiety about going into work tomorrow.

Brian

My work anxiety is steadily increasing as the day wears on too. I thought about grabbing a bottle and glug glug glug...but I happened to get a call from my long-distance girlfriend. We talked each other out of drinking. Yay!

Still anxious about tomorrow though. Booo!