Sign in to follow this  
Ixeua

The "how Do You Feel Right Now?" Thread

Had a nap and I have awoken very anxious and depressed.  Supposed to go to a party tonight and take a date.  I don't feel like doing anything, or capable of talking with anyone.  I checked my work Emails today and saw that I received another terse Email from my boss.  I am at the end of my rope with this guy. I just dread everything about my job right now.

On top of that I had sent my writing professor an Email a few days back - just asking questions about the approach he is advocating for me - and he responded very defensively, as in, well, if you don't like my instruction then perhaps I am not the adviser for you blab blah blah - even though that was not what I was saying at all - I was merely asking for clarification - as in, you know, wanting to learn why some things are advised and some things aren't! 

God I hate dealing with people sometimes.

I've almost had it.

I think I'll go for a bike ride - maybe a little exercise will help.

I'm pretty sad right now.

The NHRA is in town right now - in fact, as I sit here at my kitchen table, typing and watching college football on the TV, I can HEAR the Top Fuelers and Funny Cars making their qualifying passes - it's a seven-mile drive from here.

But I can't/won't go by myself.  There's just something SO unfulfilling without someone to ooh and aah with... to discuss racing with.  To share the experience with.  And I wasn't able to find anyone that wanted to go with me.  I haven't been to the track in a few years...

:verysad3:

Thank you Anita & Kaniro for the b-day wishes!! :) Muchas gracias. You're not late, my true b-day is on Wed, but I'm celebrating this eve-- a little pre-b-day celebration. :)

Hugs to all!!!

PS today is a pink day, lol

havehope, I know I'm probably too late but I hope you have (0r have had) a great pre-b-day celebration! :party:

Hi all.

Anybody whose reading this right now, I'm seriously freaked out now. The whole right side of my face is painful. From my neck, through my mouth and cheek and up to and into my ear. I have a bad headache too. This tooth is throbbing so bad. I get sharp pains also.

I haven't checked my temperature, but I feel really warm. My dentist saw me yesterday and said this might be a root canal treatment, but he wants to wait and see for now. He told me that I have swollen lymph nodes in my neck and jaw on the right side. This is my lower right furthest back molar, not a wisdom tooth. He wants to wait and see and guess what, now it's getting worse.

I'm so scared right now. I'm about ready to cry. I don't know what to do. Should I try to get into Urgent Care or the Emergency Room over the weekend? I probably won't be able to see my dentist until Tuesday. I think the office is closed on Mondays.

He didn't give me pain killers or antibiotics and I forgot to ask for some. It hurts so bad. I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight.

I don't ever think I've had a toothache this bad before. It's probably infected and who knows if I have an abcess.

JJ

I hope everyone feels better soon.

JJ, I hope you went to emergency, this sounds horrible.  I can't believe you weren't given any antibiotics, you shouldn't have to ask for them, if it's a bacterial infection the dentist should have prescribed them.  I think I would have asked them to take the tooth out, there's nothing worse than toothache.  I'm so sorry for your pain, hope something can be done for you soon. :console:

Hi guys.

I really appreciate the support from everyone and your advice.

As it is now, I have not gone to Urgent Care or the Emergency Room.

Had another rough night last night. Third night in a row now. At this point I can't convince myself to get emergency medical attention. I know I'm miserable and that I'm definately sick with something, but I just can't get myself to go.

I told my family and they don't seem concerned. Maybe I'm not as sick as I seem to think I am. Hardly eaten anything the last 3 days. I have no appetite. Ate some breakfast and some lunch today, but wish I hadn't. My stomach is throwing a fit. I have diarrhea and the like right now. I'm probably sticking just to water for a few days. That's all I'll be able to stomach right now.

I hate to seek emergency care when all I really need is a prescription. The doctors likely won't do anything except to examine me and tell me what I already know is wrong. Then send me home with a script for meds. Then I'll still have to get in to see my dentist ASAP.

Why there is not a dental emergency weekend practice in a town this large, I have no idea. I do have an emergency number for my old dentist and my family doctor, but not sure if I need to call them or not.

As it is now, I'm going to wait this out. I know my liver is going to hate it, but I'm maxed out on OTC pain killers right now. Been alternating between Aleeve, Tylenol and Aspirin. I can't take Ibuprofen cause I'm allergic to it.

I'm watching myself and trying to rest. Forcing myself to drink water even though I don't want it. If I develop a fever or any new symptoms occur or something gets worse, I'll go to seek emergency help.

You all don't know this, but I have a history with the hospital here. There's only one hospital/Emergency Room in town and I've seen them about 6 times in the last two years. None of the visits were life threatening, but they were situations where I had symptoms that could've been serious. I always feel weird going back there, especially after last year. I had a psych visit at the ER that I'm not proud of.

Thanks again for everything. I'll keep you posted.

JJ

Take care JJ.  And like RatBoy said waiting might make things worse.  If you are losing a lot of fluids and can't keep water down, you really do need to go to the ER for hydration.  Just a friendly suggestion.  Hope this is resolved for you soon.

I have had the worst headache beginning last night.  It settled down so I could go to sleep with the help of am Ambien.  Had really weird dreams though.  Woke up late, then my foot started hurting.  That finally went away.  A constant reminder I am no longer in my 20's.  Getting older is tough especially not feeling well physically and mentally.  Some days I feel all is lost. Others I pull it together and push on.  But this is not the type of life I signed up for.  Thanks all of you helping make each day worth living.

You take care, JJ. Make sure that you don't make it worse by waiting.

Take care JJ.  And like RatBoy said waiting might make things worse.  If you are losing a lot of fluids and can't keep water down, you really do need to go to the ER for hydration.  Just a friendly suggestion.  Hope this is resolved for you soon.

Hi.

Thanks for your support.

I'm sorry if I'm worrying anyone.  I will get this seen to at the ER if need be.  Right now I'm trying to avoid an unnecessary trip and cost.

I should know this off the top of my head already, but can't remember right now.  I'll look up dehydration symptoms online and make sure I'm not at that point.  I've been dehydrated in the past and it's no fun being stuck to that IV for a couple of hours while they give you fluids.

I promise though, that I am monitoring myself and will go if I decide it's necessary.

I'm still upset with my dentist for not giving me the medications in the first place.  If he'd prescribed an antibiotic I probably wouldn't be feeling so bad right now.

JJ

I feel a bit better now.I'm sitting here at the dining room table with my nieces and nephew while they do a craft project.Earlier I was feeling really down.I don't understand why but I tend to feel worse as the day goes on.But my nieces and nephews make me laugh and I'm feeling a little bit better now.

Hi guys.I really appreciate the support from everyone and your advice.As it is now, I have not gone to Urgent Care or the Emergency Room.Had another rough night last night. Third night in a row now. At this point I can't convince myself to get emergency medical attention. I know I'm miserable and that I'm definately sick with something, but I just can't get myself to go.I told my family and they don't seem concerned. Maybe I'm not as sick as I seem to think I am. Hardly eaten anything the last 3 days. I have no appetite. Ate some breakfast and some lunch today, but wish I hadn't. My stomach is throwing a fit. I have diarrhea and the like right now. I'm probably sticking just to water for a few days. That's all I'll be able to stomach right now.I hate to seek emergency care when all I really need is a prescription. The doctors likely won't do anything except to examine me and tell me what I already know is wrong. Then send me home with a script for meds. Then I'll still have to get in to see my dentist ASAP.Why there is not a dental emergency weekend practice in a town this large, I have no idea. I do have an emergency number for my old dentist and my family doctor, but not sure if I need to call them or not.As it is now, I'm going to wait this out. I know my liver is going to hate it, but I'm maxed out on OTC pain killers right now. Been alternating between Aleeve, Tylenol and Aspirin. I can't take Ibuprofen cause I'm allergic to it.I'm watching myself and trying to rest. Forcing myself to drink water even though I don't want it. If I develop a fever or any new symptoms occur or something gets worse, I'll go to seek emergency help.You all don't know this, but I have a history with the hospital here. There's only one hospital/Emergency Room in town and I've seen them about 6 times in the last two years. None of the visits were life threatening, but they were situations where I had symptoms that could've been serious. I always feel weird going back there, especially after last year. I had a psych visit at the ER that I'm not proud of.Thanks again for everything. I'll keep you posted.JJ

JJ,

I'm glad you updated us and you're monitoring yourself.

I hope you get some treatment or whatever you have resolves itself and you feel completely better.

big :hugs:

Feeling kinda sick.  I took a nap so I feel less tired, but now my tummy seems to be unhappy for some reason :/ 

do you have allergies or sinus issues? that can cause an upset stomach. Water with lemon always makes me feel better.

I do have both actually, that could very well be what caused it.  My fall allergies can get pretty terrible.

I'm feeling better in the tummy area but not in the brain area.  I don't know why I'm in such a downward slump right now.  

Crushed.

After my mom passed in 07 my step-dad whose been in my life since the age of 17 moved on and now I look at pictures of him with his "new" step-daughter and it kills me. I went to his wedding last year and while I'm happy for him it made me realize I have been replaced. I hardly ever hear from him and it makes me wonder if he only pretended to love me for my Mom. It really hurts.

Edited by novangel

Work was almost physically painful at one point today. Had a bunch of good conversations throughout which was refreshing. Got to pick the brains of some extremely successful people. I like to surround myself with successful people. I think I feel pretty okay right now which is amazing considering how I felt a couple hours ago.