The "how Do You Feel Right Now?" Thread

Ixeua

tired is a thorough kind of word.  this year has been rough and just when there is a glimmer of hope it seems like a new set of issues pop up.  this whole week has been about everyones depression, anxiety and the questioning of relationships. 

i am tired of dealing with everyones stuff and mad at myself for wanting to yell in their faces 'what about me'. I have been left to cope with my husbands medical needs and all that means for years and now people want me to face their demons too.  why should I when there was no one there for me.  why should I not when I love them too.  it was almost easier when people just kept their distance so I only had to deal with the pain under my own roof. But was easier better? I dunno.

Torn between  the selfish me and my own heart.  confused, torn, tired and lost.  with any luck some sleep will help clear my head.

Hi all.

Anybody whose reading this right now, I'm seriously freaked out now. The whole right side of my face is painful. From my neck, through my mouth and cheek and up to and into my ear. I have a bad headache too. This tooth is throbbing so bad. I get sharp pains also.

I haven't checked my temperature, but I feel really warm. My dentist saw me yesterday and said this might be a root canal treatment, but he wants to wait and see for now. He told me that I have swollen lymph nodes in my neck and jaw on the right side. This is my lower right furthest back molar, not a wisdom tooth. He wants to wait and see and guess what, now it's getting worse.

I'm so scared right now. I'm about ready to cry. I don't know what to do. Should I try to get into Urgent Care or the Emergency Room over the weekend? I probably won't be able to see my dentist until Tuesday. I think the office is closed on Mondays.

He didn't give me pain killers or antibiotics and I forgot to ask for some. It hurts so bad. I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight.

I don't ever think I've had a toothache this bad before. It's probably infected and who knows if I have an abcess.

JJ

I hope everyone feels better soon.

Edited by SFChristianGirl

If you develop a fever, you probably have an infection. Yes in any case, I would go to the ER or a walk-in clinic to get a prescription for antibiotics (or at least a test for infection) and painkillers.  I'm sorry you're suffering but try not to be scared - it is probably something that medical science can soon provide relief for.

Hung out with friends. Felt terrible throughout. It used to be just feeling left out. Today I realized our interests have become so different, when they used to be so similar. Music, movies, tv shows, even our senses of humor.

Friend talked about a Halloween party she wanted to throw and it made me so damn depressed. I don't want to go, with all the happy people they always talk about that I've never met, and I doubt they'd want me there. They just dropped me off - they're going to hang out at my friend's house tonight.

If my therapist hadn't told me what she did yesterday, I'd probably be sitting here crying. I am sad, but also am actually feeling motivated to make new friends.

Had another moment while driving to my appointment listening to my favorite jazz station, a feeling of happiness, joy, and hope came over me.  And it felt so good..  And then like the other times, it vanishes and I'm back in the Twilight Zone.  I wish I could figure out a way to hang on to this feeling.  It is almost like my mind is kind is baiting me to look and feel the positive part of life.  But then some entity intrudes and destroys the feeling of elation.

Yes, it's like this carrot on a stick that you think you've caught, and it gets pulled away just as you touch it. The brain is an unpredictable sadist...

In 1900 there were 1.5 billion people on this planet. By my calculations, that means at least 1.4 billion knuckleheads.

Now we have 7 billion, which means we are living on this tiny orb with roughly 6.5 billion exemplars of the tragedy that is lobotomy.

Global warming notwithstanding, what have we done?

Don't worry, sal..the apes, birds, and mice will be in charge soon enough. :/

I give homo sapiens 50 years or so (if we're lucky)..

Sorry folks, in a bit of a cranky, existential malaise this morning, lol.

Lol you're funny Brian. They're predicting 12 billion people by the end of the century (2100), so that's around 10 billion boneheaded derps lol. Scary. And yep, I'm with lonely, this planet has no chance imo.

Pess - it sounds like your 'why don't you try meditating your way out of chronic back pain' therapists are amongst the 6.5 bill.

NqVVGt3.png

I'm so sorry about your a**hole of a boss Brian. There's nothing more soul crushing than working for someone like that :-(.

Edited by Els1e

I'm nauseated :-(. I was given a PlayStation & The Last of Us game today. After looking forward to this game for, forever, every time I try to play it, I get severe simulator sickness. Gahhhh. It's not even a first person game d***it. Does anyone have tips on how to avoid wanting to throw up during (& for an hour after) playing a computer game? My stupid brain :-(

Sorry I feel completely silly complaining about this given what everyone's going through. I'm just feeling...like this...

DNE78R2.png

Happy birthday Havehope :-)

VDJtIhL.jpg

Els1e, Mia & Desperados, THANK YOU for the b-day wishes!! That's so very sweet of you!!! :) Love the emoticons and happy b-day image! Awww..

So tonight/this weekend is a celebration with my boyfriend, & my actual b-day is Wed, 30th. I'll turn 45. I'm officially middle-aged... oh well.

I'm really excited for a nice Italian dinner tonight... yum!

Edited by havehope

Hi all.

Anybody whose reading this right now, I'm seriously freaked out now. The whole right side of my face is painful. From my neck, through my mouth and cheek and up to and into my ear. I have a bad headache too. This tooth is throbbing so bad. I get sharp pains also.

I haven't checked my temperature, but I feel really warm. My dentist saw me yesterday and said this might be a root canal treatment, but he wants to wait and see for now. He told me that I have swollen lymph nodes in my neck and jaw on the right side. This is my lower right furthest back molar, not a wisdom tooth. He wants to wait and see and guess what, now it's getting worse.

I'm so scared right now. I'm about ready to cry. I don't know what to do. Should I try to get into Urgent Care or the Emergency Room over the weekend? I probably won't be able to see my dentist until Tuesday. I think the office is closed on Mondays.

He didn't give me pain killers or antibiotics and I forgot to ask for some. It hurts so bad. I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight.

I don't ever think I've had a toothache this bad before. It's probably infected and who knows if I have an abcess.

JJ

I hope everyone feels better soon.

(((((SFCG))))) yes, do get yourself to the ER for antibiotics & painkillers. It will be worthwhile rather than being miserable in pain until you can see your dentist. Big hug!

SFCG, I hope you got yourself to an emergency room. Sounds not good for you.

As for me, I suppose I'll feel more productive once I have a shower - my towels are in the dryer right now, so I can't take a shower yet. >.< I need to exercise today, but I think I'll do that after the shower. I feel really tired right now. 

I feel completely devoid of happiness.  But I am also not sad.  I feel empty of everything except for an awareness of my physical environment and the stimuli that accompany such an awareness.  There is nothing in me that is motivating me to do anything other than lay here in bed, so that's what I'm doing.  My only motivation comes in the form of bursts of anxiousness over approaching deadlines or self-consciousness.  I will in all likelihood spend the rest of the day indoors, since nothing motivates me otherwise.  I feel as though I'm following the script of a very strict and very boring director.

Happy Birthday havehope!!!  :bestwishes:

I'm feeling worn out.  There's drama going on at work that I didn't even know about until yesterday.  I'm not directly involved in it, but being a manager and the people involved being employees, I am indirectly involved.  I just had no idea things were that tense between of the employees.  I just hate having to deal with this stuff with no prior warning.  Thankfully I'm off today.  Yesterday just wore me out with serious talks and stuff, ugh.  I should really start my blog here so I can write out some details.