The "how Do You Feel Right Now?" Thread

Ixeua

Feeling incredibly jealous at seeing pics of my friend who just got engaged today.  For no good reason, I don't even want a relationship right now.  Or do I.  I don't know.  All I know is I need to not look at her insta because it's making me feel angry.  I should just go to sleep.

dear unwanted, it doesn't sound abusive, it sounds intrusive, and condemning/overly critical to me. It's not OK what she did.... that sounds humiliating and embarrassing... she's treating you like a child, but not in a supportive way. Sorry you're dealing with that. :( 

Thank you for the reply. I know it's not okay, but I did what I had to do to get out of the house. As I said, I'm trying to replace her, but I am failing miserably at that so far.

As for her behavior, it's not illegal to do that to someone and it gets brushed away by everyone who witnesses it. The joke's on me.

Edited by The_Unwanted

I woke up early this morning but in a good sense, because I am anticipating taking a train trip this morning.  I've discovered I enjoy riding the train and its not very expensive where I live.  Its kind of fun waking up early out of a sense of expectation like I used to do when I was a little boy looking forward to a day full of play. 

Feeling incredibly jealous at seeing pics of my friend who just got engaged today. For no good reason, I don't even want a relationship right now. Or do I. I don't know. All I know is I need to not look at her insta because it's making me feel angry. I should just go to sleep.

I know this feeling very well. I feel fated to be alone. When I did have someone everything seemed to be against it. And now I'm single again all I see everywhere I go is friends getting married and having kids, and out in public I'm always caught by the sight of attractive women without the confidence to do anything about it.

Still... I tell myself that I'm just at an intermediary at the minute and slowly building myself back up. I think that's the best you can do; try to focus on yourself until you feel completely comfortable in trying for a relationship if that is what you want. Everyone has their own path and not one particular lifestyle or way of doing things is particularly wrong. If it takes a while to find what you're looking for whilst others are settling down then hey that's fine. Just think that you can focus on what you want to do for now.

Anyways I hope you're feeling a little better Kaniro. And I hope everyone else on here is able to find some peace of mind today :)

Weepy this morning. Entire weekends go by where I don't see a single friend or family member, nor participate in a single activity. It's on me, I just don't feel any motivation. Hope I hear this week about a job I interviewed on September 1st. Feel in limbo.

I woke up early this morning but in a good sense, because I am anticipating taking a train trip this morning.  I've discovered I enjoy riding the train and its not very expensive where I live.  Its kind of fun waking up early out of a sense of expectation like I used to do when I was a little boy looking forward to a day full of play.

I adore train rides also. Have fun!

I feel... lonely and tired.  I'm almost always tired.  But the lonely part is why I sought out this forum so hopefully I won't be feeling so much that way soon.

Do you eat enough? I always get grumpy and tired if I don't eat my carbs!

dear unwanted, it doesn't sound abusive, it sounds intrusive, and condemning/overly critical to me. It's not OK what she did.... that sounds humiliating and embarrassing... she's treating you like a child, but not in a supportive way. Sorry you're dealing with that. :( 

I agree with havehope, it's not nice!

incredibly lonely...

You're not the only one but remember there are people here, for each other :)

That sounds good, glad you're happy dude. Anywhere nice?

Weepy this morning. Entire weekends go by where I don't see a single friend or family member, nor participate in a single activity. It's on me, I just don't feel any motivation. Hope I hear this week about a job I interviewed on September 1st. Feel in limbo.

I know that feeling. It can make you feel so down when you have a quiet, lonely few days. Try and organise to see a friend this week? I hope you feel better soon and best of luck with the job! :)

Feeling ok this morning.  A little anxious - my parents are coming to my place today - Geez.

Follena - please try to get out and see people.  I know you don't feel like it, but being alone for days is a major trigger.  Unfortunately, people are too, sometimes, but we have to take that chance. We are social beings and we need them.  The effects of being alone all the time are proven and brutal. :)

REGRET and SHAME that I picked such a tool for my Son's father. I could not have done worse if I tried! My Son is the one paying the price for my stupidity and I don't think I can ever forgive myself! I just pray to God he turns out nothing like him and thankfully he only goes with him 4 days a month..

5 more years until he is 18 and be can be legally freed from the divorce visitation agreement.

:(

I know that feeling. It can make you feel so down when you have a quiet, lonely few days. Try and organise to see a friend this week? I hope you feel better soon and best of luck with the job! :)  

Thank you Chris - I will do something this week and thx for the good luck!

Feeling ok this morning.  A little anxious - my parents are coming to my place today - Geez.

Follena - please try to get out and see people.  I know you don't feel like it, but being alone for days is a major trigger.  Unfortunately, people are too, sometimes, but we have to take that chance. We are social beings and we need them.  The effects of being alone all the time are proven and brutal. :)

You're right, of course, I may go to a drumming class later...

Good luck with the parental visit (!)

REGRET and SHAME that I picked such a tool for my Son's father. I could not have done worse if I tried! My Son is the one paying the price for my stupidity and I don't think I can ever forgive myself! I just pray to God he turns out nothing like him and thankfully he only goes with him 4 days a month..

5 more years until he is 18 and be can be legally freed from the divorce visitation agreement.:(

I can relate. It's amazing how our kids turn out despite our mistakes. Please do forgive yourself as I have to continually do the same. Your son knows who raised him.

I wish I could go on a train ride!

Today, I brought a radio down to our dining room. I love listening to the radio while doiing stuff in the kitchen or while eating...I felt like getting back to the way things were when my husband and I were just starting out. We didn't have a TV even, back then. We listened to the radio on Saturday night and...well, it was fun!

When our son was little, we quit listening to the radio during mealtimes because our son made distress sounds when it was on and we really wanted to encourage conversation. And he wouldn't want to hear radio news, he'd want to listen to music!

So today, I felt I was becoming myself again.

There's a slight chill in the air, although it's sunny. Long pants weather. I took a personality test that scored us after the medieval humours: Melancholy, Choleric, Sanguine and Phlegmatic. I am, guess what...MELANCHOLY!!! But Melancholy also indicated a personality that liked to know things...that's me. The test is based on the work of Florence Littauer's book Personality Plus.

I am also an INFP, occasionally stepping over into ENFP, in Myers-Briggs terms.

So, I may be introverted and melancholy and nevertheless, I've taken my meds and eaten a good breakfast and we'll see how the day plays out.

Feeling incredibly jealous at seeing pics of my friend who just got engaged today. For no good reason, I don't even want a relationship right now. Or do I. I don't know. All I know is I need to not look at her insta because it's making me feel angry. I should just go to sleep.

I know this feeling very well. I feel fated to be alone. When I did have someone everything seemed to be against it. And now I'm single again all I see everywhere I go is friends getting married and having kids, and out in public I'm always caught by the sight of attractive women without the confidence to do anything about it.

Still... I tell myself that I'm just at an intermediary at the minute and slowly building myself back up. I think that's the best you can do; try to focus on yourself until you feel completely comfortable in trying for a relationship if that is what you want. Everyone has their own path and not one particular lifestyle or way of doing things is particularly wrong. If it takes a while to find what you're looking for whilst others are settling down then hey that's fine. Just think that you can focus on what you want to do for now.

Anyways I hope you're feeling a little better Kaniro. And I hope everyone else on here is able to find some peace of mind today :)

I'm still shocked I've found others who understand exactly what I'm feeling!  It actually makes me feel better!  

But yes, I've been trying to think of it that way.  My last relationship ended with me being abandoned... actually my last two.  So when I think about having another relationship I don't think I could handle being abandoned again.  I need to build myself up to be comfortable enough with myself before I let someone else get close to me, I think.  I'm also being super picky about what I want in a relationship this time.  I'm not going to settle and I need to keep telling myself that too.

I feel... lonely and tired.  I'm almost always tired.  But the lonely part is why I sought out this forum so hopefully I won't be feeling so much that way soon.

Do you eat enough? I always get grumpy and tired if I don't eat my carbs!

I probably eat too much.  Okay, I know I eat too much, which is probably making my slothly lol but I'm going to try working on that eating better thing.

And right now I'm feeling.... okay.  Kinda neutral.  Its the last day of my vacation from work so I'm feeling kind of meh about that, but I'm feeling neither good nor bad.  Just here.

I feel like I gave the wrong advice to someone one here and am feeling badly about it. :verysad3:

I know the feeling Havehope. If I think I might have stepped in some doo doo, I would address it with the person. All of us are doing the best we can, in spite of dealing with our own issues. So cut yourself some slack. Be as kind to yourself as you are to others :)

I need to build myself up to be comfortable enough with myself before I let someone else get close to me, I think.  I'm also being super picky about what I want in a relationship this time.  I'm not going to settle and I need to keep telling myself that too.

That's a positive way of looking at things which I try to go by too  :nod:  I think one can find the best in life if they are able to find a little peace of mind first. And everyone deserves to be picky. Noone should feel like it's okay to settle just so long as they have someone. It's not fair to either party.

Anyways, all the best in your journey Kaniro! And apologies to folks if my comments are a little... messy. Today has ended kinda badly. I feel physically sick, my heart's racing, and a confused mess of thoughts is pounding away in my head. Not even sure what's bought this on. All I know is that I can't think straight and on the verge of a breakdown... bah...

I feel like I gave the wrong advice to someone one here and am feeling badly about it. :verysad3:

I know the feeling Havehope. If I think I might have stepped in some doo doo, I would address it with the person. All of us are doing the best we can, in spite of dealing with our own issues. So cut yourself some slack. Be as kind to yourself as you are to others :)

Thanks, Follena... good idea. And you're right... I can definitely be hard on myself sometimes. I really wanted to help this person, but I'll address it with them. Thanks :)

A big thankyou to everyone for your kind words, you guys are the best! :nod:

Big (((((hugs))))) to everyone :hugs: I hope you find something to smile about today.

And you are one of the best of the best, PurpleStorm. :smile:

Thanks for being here.