The "how Do You Feel Right Now?" Thread

Ixeua

I don't understand how to deal with anything. My head surrounds all these difficult things in a mist that makes it impossible to think let alone reach any conclusion. I keep thinking 'I want to die' but I know that isn't true. I think I am slowly disassociating with life

hugs, i am sorry you are going through this

I feel like a walking corpse (and probably look like one too). Was on my way to the grocery store earlier and wondered why it had gotten so misty all of a sudden, then I realized there was no mist and something was wrong with my vision, followed by extreme fatigue and an annoying shivering, no pain whatsoever but could barely get what I needed and get out. Now I'm back home and the entire left side of my body is still very weak, and my head feels "cloudy". Not sure if anxiety attack or something else. But it'll pass.

hugs

I feel like a walking corpse (and probably look like one too). Was on my way to the grocery store earlier and wondered why it had gotten so misty all of a sudden, then I realized there was no mist and something was wrong with my vision, followed by extreme fatigue and an annoying shivering, no pain whatsoever but could barely get what I needed and get out. Now I'm back home and the entire left side of my body is still very weak, and my head feels "cloudy". Not sure if anxiety attack or something else. But it'll pass.

Hey, Keep us posted. This sounds somewhat scary to me.

Hey, Keep us posted. This sounds somewhat scary to me.

Meh, it's already gone, similiar stuff has happened before, could be one of several health problems in the family, but whatever it is it usually passes pretty quickly. Should be mostly harmless. Could also just be a form of anxiety attack.

Purple - major hugs and life lines and whatever you need going out to you! It was tough to read that. I hope you feel better tomorrow.  We love you here!

Well, I was going to stock some stars with my kids at the film festival, but it rained so we stayed home.  Going to see a movie tonight.  Relaxing day with my kids. Best of all, not at work.  What's not to like?

Cheers, everyone!!!

Brian

Kogent - walking and biking are all that I can do - if I run 50 metres my knees give out (clearly some damage in there somewhere). It is OK to walk.  Walk is good.  Pierre Trudeau took a famous (in Canada, anyway LOL) walk in the snow (his son is running for our PM right now).  And MLK took a famous walk from Selma to Montgomery. And Armstrong took a famous walk on the moon!  I am sorry to hear about your father's condition. Please stay strong and let us help.

NC86 - like your attitude bud - keep it up. It is the only way to look at things!  And you are strong for doing so!

Els1e - so glad to see your post.  You are always in my thoughts!

Lady - I am sorry you are feeling that way right now.  Best for tomorrow!!!

I had a fine night with my children.  I love them so much.  I am feeling hopeful.  It might last a while - you never know.

I'm Canadian too hehe (not from somewhere Trudeau is well liked lol). I used to love running, but don't think my ankles can take it anymore. I wanted to do the Terry Fox run in my city, but don't wanna run alone and don't want to bother my friends. I need to get a stationary bike since it's also one of the exercises that aren't so hard. Gosh, I'm only in my twenties and I sound like I have osteoperosis  :unsure:

My depression has been so volatile lately - feeling good and then feeling terrible. I find if I have good dreams, usually have a bad day. Bad dreams means a good day. Which sucks, because I had a good dream last night...

Sounds very scary to me. Could it be an ocular migraine? Or detached retina? Or worse, stroke? Please, Senor Domino, go to a doctor.

Sounds very scary to me. Could it be an ocular migraine? Or detached retina? Or worse, stroke? Please, Senor Domino, go to a doctor.

Migraine's a possibility, several family members suffer from it regularly. As is multiple sclerosis, lupus and related auto-immune diseases (my grandmother in particular suffers from this, and I have many of the same symptoms). If something happens that genuinely freaks me out I'll see a doctor, but I feel like it would just be a waste of time at this point. Too vague symptoms and nothing I can't handle. I wouldn't worry, I feel relatively fine now.

This week was tough. Tuesday I was honestly feeling suicidal. I went to a park by myself at night and spoke to a hotline for an hour. It helped. By Wednesday I had spoken to some friends and family. Yesterday I went for a walk in the country and finished some of my cosplay. Today I mostly lounged around until tonight when I went for a pint and wrote up a session I'm due to host Monday on Flash Fiction for my writing group. I've also managed to break out of my 6am sleep, 1pm wake up.

So I still feel a bit all over the shop and there's the usual nagging voice in mybhead questioning my life's purpose. But deep down inside I'm proud that I've managed to turn things around a little. And that's good.

When I was in high school, I went to bed one night and had this weird dream where I kept eating Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.  I don't mean a handful, I mean like a hundred of them.  I woke up from the dream because I was starting to get sick to my stomach from eating so many and giving me that gross taste in my mouth from all that peanut butter and chocolate.  I went down stairs to get a glass of water and there on the kitchen table sat this huge bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.  I have no idea where they came from; they weren't there when I went to bed.  I took one glance at the bag and ran into the bathroom to hurl.  I still think my parents subjected me to some sort of a mind control experiment.

Edited by ohgeesmiles

My mom pointed the finger at me all day in front of her friend. Told her friend how "bad" I am for not visiting her (this is my 4th visit in 3 months), got infuriated at me for not doing every favor she wanted, started messing with my shirt pocket in a weird way in public (messed around and grabbed ahold of my shirt pocket to see what "brand" it was), told me that she was betting with her friend in front of that same friend that I wouldn't come over to her house later. The friend stepped in a few times to tell my mom that I don't have to do certain things and what not.

I did not want to see my mom. But because of how f'd up my family situation is, I was forced to see her again because at least they'll be someone else to see because it ensures me that I won't be looking at the walls all day again. As f'd up as it may sound, I made the correct decision to go out with her today. I contacted my brother and I did get a response. And although he said I could come over only in 2 weeks, he has zero contact with me and it's not sure he will even accept when the time comes.

So just for the record, I have to ask members over here.....Was I abused in any way at all today??? I'm looking for some answers please.

Edited by The_Unwanted

dear unwanted, it doesn't sound abusive, it sounds intrusive, and condemning/overly critical to me. It's not OK what she did.... that sounds humiliating and embarrassing... she's treating you like a child, but not in a supportive way. Sorry you're dealing with that. :(