The "how Do You Feel Right Now?" Thread

Ixeua

kinda freaking? found out my friend is missing but he lives on the opposite side of the whole. I have no idea how I am meant to deal with this? or how worried I should be?

Talking about it here is a good place to start, Realreason. How do you feel about your friend who is missing? Scared? worried? Is there action you can take--for instance, sending your friend's picture out on FB to see if anyone has any clues? If there is nothing you personally can do, keep your friend's well-being in your heart and turn it over, let it go, daily.
I just can't stop thinking about it, and I'm scared he is dead. There isn't anything I can do. I can't figure out how much this is gonna affect me emotionally. It's been about a week but I don't know anything apart from that. I feel very detached and the world seems very surreal

All I've got are hugs. Terrible thing to have to go through. :hugs:

I've got to go to sleep. I've had an irritable day. Don't know why.

We had our son over for dinner (and watching the baseball game, which ended horribly for my team) and I ate ice cream--which in the grand scheme of things is not the end of the world. It wasn't much ice cream. But I'd had bread with dinner and that made me feel bloated and why do I do this to myself when there was plenty of wonderful chicken and sweet potatoes and the weather's cool enough to make food like that?!!?

arrrrrrgh I get so angry with myself. I exercised earlier in the day and I think I pulled a muscle in my back when I thought I was helping my back. Now everything hurts.

Waiting for the mirtazapine to kick in...and hoping I can sleep well. Hope my cat does not wake me up too early....okay...I feel it...

I feel the same way I always do at this time of night.  I'm exhausted.  It was a quiet day, but I've been up to long with not enough sleep.

Good night all.

Hope everyone feels better soon

JJ Way to go girl, with your interviews and pushing forward.  You are an inspiration.  I'm impressed.  Just wanted to say that to you!!!

I'm feeling alright but anxious. Things have started to look up for me. I cut myself off from human communication for a long time and during that time I had somewhat come to terms with a few things about myself. Out of nowhere I suddenly have tons of motivation to get physically healthy, it was like a switch in my brain went off. I have an entire person in weight to lose but I've already managed to knock off 20 pounds in just over a week. Started off water fasting for 24 hrs to get rid of all the crap in my body and felt so much better afterwards, and now I am eating right and exercising all day everyday. It's all I do since I have all the time in the world to focus on it. I'm doing terrible mentally and I'll never be ok in that department but for some reason it isn't spilling out into the physical side of things just yet. My dad ordered us both pizzas while I was sleeping and I felt absolutely terrible, but instead of eating the entire thing like usual I just had a single slice to fuel my workout and decided it wasn't for me. I feel like this change of mind is gonna stick, at least to a degree. The one thing that could screw all this up is the 'voices.' When I occupy and distract myself with things like this I am sometimes able to block them out. The second I allow myself to think or relax they creep in and tell me to give up, to end my life. They give me all the endless amount of reasons as to why this is an irrational path and that I am nothing but human waste and they laugh and torture me. These are the same voices that got me to this state of bad health. I'm not sure what the real difference is between me and them, but I know I can't let them win. I've been talking to myself out loud 24/7 about the thing in front of me and what I'm going to do to complete it as an effort to stop them from taking over and destroying everything. Keeping a journal for the stuff I need to do also helps. I'm setting the bar very high with a lot of the stuff I want to achieve so hopefully my competitive nature takes over and succeeds instead of being crushed by my own plan.

It was a tough day, dealing with HR.  I told them I could no longer work with my boss, even though just before the meeting he was telling me what kind of great work I was doing, etc.  So, I felt guilty.  But, geez, I just can't go on like this.

No guilt. You have put up with 10 years of that man's sh-t that has been harmful to your mental state. There is no reason for guilt. You standing up for you, is a good thing.

Now, how do you confront someone for a lie you discovered while investigating them?   :detective2:  :unsure:

I would wait until I am in an advantageous position to give the reveal.  When you are holding the entire deck, it doesn't matter what their thoughts are on the matter.  Of course there is always the possibility that the person is a psychopath, in that case you might want to be packing.

I don't know. If it was me, I think I would just stop interacting with the person.  If they keep persisting or ask why, then I would say something. If asked why, it might be better to just put it off as "you changed your mind" etc., and not tell them you investigated them and found out they were lying, because this is a fairly serious-level confrontation. If they lied about something so easy as where they work, what else would they lie about. They might even deny that is true, or try to make it sound like you were bad for investigating them, to shift the blame. I would try to not be alone with that person, ever. Always be in a public place.

Edited by stardreamer

A little anxious.  I let my cat out in the backyard with me today for a bit.  I heightened his need to be outside.  I just went out at 11:30 PM to have a smoke and he darted outside.  Now I am going to bed and he is out there, somewhere.  I know he'll be alright and that he will come back.  It's just that I don't want an outdoor cat and now I might have made him one.  Damn!!!!

lol yeah, it definitely heightens their desire to go out because if you go out there with them then it makes them think it's allowed.

Was melancholy earlier but am more or less OK. "Just melancholy" is a lot better than the other stuff that happens sometimes, so it was a relatively good day lol.

Trying to wind down from the long work stretch and emotional rollercoaster that were the last couple of weeks. It sort of feels like I forgot what it was like to relax. My brain keeps telling me "go do this chore" "go do that chore", "be productive", lol. And I did various things tonight that were productive. But it's Friday night and it's almost time to sleep and it's probably time to stop the productivity machine, at least for now.

I gave myself a haircut tonight. Sometimes it makes me feel a little better to do that, less burdened.

Edited by stardreamer

I just slept 10 hours but still feel tired. This cold is kicking my butt. Breakfast and then back to bed.

Feel a bit less lonely because two friends called me long distance this week and tomorrow, my son's girlfriend and I are going to a cosmetic party together.

I'm fighting a lot of negative thinking right now.... trying to see positives where I can, but my typical morning depressed state keeps weighing me down. I have a lot on my mind, mostly doing with my career direction and what the heck to do since I'm unhappy, but also about potentially moving to CA and leaving my boyfriend, one of the hardest life decisions I've had to face. I feel tormented and incredibly conflicted.

I'm watching a heartwarming children's movie, trying to lift my spirits so I can get through a busy day and night ahead. I've already teared up -- it's dolphin tale 2 --- I'm such a sap, lol.

Sending lots of comfort and big hugs to all those struggling through today. I know it doesn't change anything that's happening, but maybe it helps to know people care. :icon12: :icon12: :icon12:

Edited by havehope

school's starting in 2 days time and I'm stressing the freak out I've been stressing ever since the holiday started ugh

I've been unable to do crap because I'm too busy stressing the crap out I hate school I don't want to see my classmates/teachers I don't want to even step in to the school ugh how much more pathetic can I get

Can I knock myself unconscious because fffffffffkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk I'm stressed out

Edited by anita_123

I'm feeling excited for the first time since...well, I can't even remember the last time I've felt genuinely excited. I'm going to go to school for music. I'm going to work part-time while I go. And when I get my two-year degree I'm going to work in music some way, somehow. Teaching, playing in wedding bands, I'm not above that kind of thing--might even be fun. I've talked this dream I've had of trying to make it work through with my therapist and she thinks I'm being realistic and going about it responsibly and that it's a good idea to go with something I'm passionate about.

I just ordered a new bass (a cheap one, but better than the one I've got) and I'm going to clear out a dedicated practice space in my bedroom where I can prepare to audition in November or December. My life isn't over just because I'm 28 and not where I want to be. I'm scared of making changes, but I'm more scared of not making changes. I'm going to give it my best shot. I'm going to try.

Sorry I haven't been around. I'm going to catch up on the posts I've missed, but I just wanted to write something while I'm feeling like I'm feeling right now. I love you guys. If you're having a s***ty day, know you're good enough--right now, exactly as you are. <3

Today is my birthday and I feel old, LOL

We celebrated yesterday and had a good day driving through the countryside, visiting some craft stores and eating dinner at Chipotle. It was a beautiful sunny day, high of 84F. Today is rainy, so I'm glad we went out yesterday.

{{{Hugs}}} all around for everyone.

Happy B Day Mia!

I too feel like a drenched towel.  I am filled with worry because it's been three days of feeling down - all started when I met with HR over my boss situation.  Now I am both anxious and down - worried about going into work on Monday.

Geez!

Things are just looking a little bleak. I can't imagine much going right for me.  I know some things will go right and that I am not seeing things clearly.  I just can't seem to snap out of it.

B

Today is my birthday and I feel old, LOL

We celebrated yesterday and had a good day driving through the countryside, visiting some craft stores and eating dinner at Chipotle. It was a beautiful sunny day, high of 84F. Today is rainy, so I'm glad we went out yesterday.

{{{Hugs}}} all around for everyone.

Happy birthday Mia!!!! :D

I'm feeling exceedingly stupid. I drank again last night. It's not fun and hangovers suck. Yet I still drink.

I don't think it's a disease. I think it's the part of me that wants instant pleasure getting the upper hand over the rational part of me.

I need to subdue that inner beast, once and for all.

I'm f.u.c.king angry right now.

Dang, sorry to hear that. What's up?

Thanks JD. My ex thinking he has the right to place demands on my children when he's seen them less than a week this entire year and probably less than 30 days in the last 5 years! I shouldn't be surprised but he just makes my blood boil. I could write more but I'm afraid I won't stop. Thanks for asking though. I appreciate it.

Happy B Day Mia!

I too feel like a drenched towel.  I am filled with worry because it's been three days of feeling down - all started when I met with HR over my boss situation.  Now I am both anxious and down - worried about going into work on Monday.

Geez!

Things are just looking a little bleak. I can't imagine much going right for me.  I know some things will go right and that I am not seeing things clearly.  I just can't seem to snap out of it.

B

Brian, I'm so sorry to hear you're struggling right now. I hope at some point this weekend you're able to find a little peace. Sending lots of hugs.

I'm feeling exceedingly stupid. I drank again last night. It's not fun and hangovers suck. Yet I still drink.

I don't think it's a disease. I think it's the part of me that wants instant pleasure getting the upper hand over the rational part of me.

I need to subdue that inner beast, once and for all.

Sending you lots of hugs, JD. The inner beasts are a real bi.tch, try not to be so hard on yourself. :hugs: