Sign in to follow this  
Ixeua

The "how Do You Feel Right Now?" Thread

stardreamer - sorry the project/work did not go as you wanted :(  On the plus side, and I mean big plus, your writing is fantastic.  I want to go there too!

Well, I had a nice night with my friend, though, I'm still on the DL (LOL - and that's OK with me).  She is very fragile and not thinking highly of herself and so we talked and hugged even kissed a little and I hope I was able to help her feel a little better about herself.  Anymore would have been so wrong.

Thank you. And thanks for the comment about my writing. I have a couple of books I already wrote that I have not managed to find the time to publish yet, hopefully one day I will be able to get around to it

Edited by stardreamer

This week has really been hot garbage for me mentally. I feel so inadequate on all sides. Read about this thing called a comfort/grounding box, and I'm going to make that as a project this week.

Usually I like to read the posts here to see how everyone is doing but I don't think it's good for me right now.

I thought I was getting a cold but maybe it`s just allergies or something.Mentally I just feel so depressed about my life right now.I was feeling really bad last night but I feel a bit better this morning.That`s my pattern I think .I start feeling pretty bad as the day goes on.

My cat got adopted from the temporary home at the animal protection services center, so I'm happy for her that she's getting a new family.

I looked around the site and searched but can't figure out how to make a poll. It says there may be a "manage polls" link and I did not see anything like that. How do you make a poll?

Create a new topic and click "manage topic poll" to the right of the area you input the topic name into.

I'm not feeling the greatest today.  I slept all day yesterday, which was my day off, so now I'm feeling sorry for myself that I didn't do anything enjoyable this holiday weekend.  The sleep must have been needed though.  It wasn't one of those I can't sleep but want to lay around days.  It was down for the count, drooling on the pillow, you are done sleeps. 

I'm trying to be content that I went to the store for healthy food and took out my garbage and did my dishes before I go to work tonight, but I'm feeling sort of lame that this is all I can manage.  I can't figure out why some days I'm so happy with just this much and some days it feels like such a boring life.  I wish I weren't so complicated.

This evening is one of those times that I feel the need to take a break from myself. I've been hanging out with myself for far too long. It would be a different story if I was a person more to my liking, but I'm not. So this evening I feel that it would be okay  to slowly fade away and die. Not that I will be that lucky., but one can hope. Right ?

When and what time does everyone chat here??

It's on now novangel. Chat thread is here - http://www.depressionforums.org/forums/topic/109671-scheduled-weekly-chat-2/page-7#entry1220887

No one in chat yet though, just me. Slow start or just super quiet tonight. I know there's a US holiday happening. 

I feel like giving up. I'm completely unsatisfied with my job. plus its stressing me out!! I have nothing to look forward to. When I do force myself to do something i like I dont' get any satisfaction out of it.  It feels like my life is crumbling around me. The house is a complete mess and I have no motivation to clean it. My wife and I can spend hours on it and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Starting to have family problems with my adult son who living here. Its just crap I don't want or should not have to deal with. He has a ton of problems and I can't handle all my crap and his crap and keep the peace between everyone in the house. why can't I be happy and satisfied. I have a great wife, great kids, a good job (despite all my bi-ching about it). I don't understand why I can't be happy with what I have. Its not like I necessarily want more. I could always use a little more money but on the whole I ought to feel "blessed", for lack of a better word, with my situation. Why can't I be satisfied?

I feel super at being alive after major heart surgery 12 weeks ago and surviving a heart attack and 2 strokes. I am now fit and well and driving again.

I still do a lot of voluntary work with difficult and disabled kids and love my life.

I was 69 last week.

Jimbow

Edited by jimbow15

Worried. I have another psychiatrist appointment tomorrow which I've been waiting a while for. My ten year depression is at the lowest point right now and I'm worried he won't understand the severity of my situation. I've been seeing him for a year and haven't found a medication that's helped me yet. I want to ask about trying a MAOI, I've done a lot of research and have numerous PubMed studies, but I'm sure he will rather try yet another SSRI/*SNRI. Ugh I feel so numb and dead. Sorry