The "how Do You Feel Right Now?" Thread

Ixeua

I'm currently wondering what I should be doing. I always seem to find myself in my room, no matter what I tell myself I should do today. Today seemed to slip by pretty fast... I'm sure some people can relate to this, but I really should be doing something more productive. I took more medication today because I couldn't stop crying yesterday, and I didn't want to have the same day today, so I haven't had any episodes today, which is temporarily good, but since I have 2 more pills left, I can see this not ending well if I don't stop soon.

I went for a walk around the subdivision, just a short one but longer than I've been able to manage in the past couple weeks, guided by that big bright moon. Came inside and broke out the painting supplies and played with some acrylics for a while. I haven't done that in a month or so. It made my heart smile.

Tami 83 I feel the same way but then I remember everyone in my family is supportive and I usually like being there unless im very down,im pretty sure they won,t bring it up and if they do it will probably be for a second or to,just tell them its really hard to meet people.

I am feeling ojk don,t feel to depressed I feel pretty normal.

I am sorry anita_123, I hope that things get better real soon.  

I guess I worry because this is my dad's side of the family and since my parents divorced, I am not so close to them.  I mean, my own mother is not supportive and she raised me.  Who knows how my dad and others will treat me.  Maybe it will be ok if I don't talk much.  

I'm not good.

Seeing everybody around me have actual lives, doing things I can't is making me ill. People say they worry about me but I don think they do. I never receive texts or phone calls, its always me who has to contact anybody, I'm an afterthought for most people. My own mother doesnt care about me (dont say that she does, you dont know her. she has some kind of personality disorder). I want to do things, have things but every time i try at something i fail. I have no skills, no talents, im almost 27 and live at home, I cant even get a full time job, ive been single for 6 years. Pathetic.

How do "normal" people do it? They go through school, go to college, then to uni and then to careers with what seems to me ease. They know what they want and they are able to get it. Then they get married, have children etc. all by the time theyre my age (26). And then theres me who works 4-5 hours a day, then goes to bed and/or spends all day and most weekends alone in his bedroom. I dont get it. It makes me sick.

Edited by Doommantia

(((Big Hugs to tam83, anita, Doommantia, and anyone else who needs one)))

I have a lot of free-floating anxiety today. I think not getting enough sleep triggered it, because I didn't start having anxious thoughts until I already felt the pangs of anxiety. I'm trying to deep-breathe and remind myself that this isn't permanent, but boy is it a pain. My mood is fine, no deep depression or hopelessness today.

- Christina

I am feeling antsy and impatient today. I blame my meds.

For those who have just arrived here at DF, please know that this is a pretty safe place to talk about what's going on with you. We want to be supportive, so welcome to the DF.

And tami, BarrierMaiden, anita_123, Doomantia and Christina - sending positive vibes for a better day.

feeling too impatient to be more constructive or proactive...over and out for now.

edited to add an 'o' to to. And to take one away.

Edited by Dolphin2013

After making some progress these past few weeks I feel like this weekend was a step backward. I've been so tired and listless. The days have seemed like something to be endured, not lived and enjoyed. I better call my pdoc on Monday and see what, if anything, I can try to get out of this slump. Anything I think of doing like taking a walk, doing chores or work assignments just makes me more tired. Ugh. I hate this!

I feel good today.  I rode my stationary bike for twenty minutes at level nine.  Yes, it's true that I used to ride for an hour at a much higher level, but I did work up a sweat.  I forgot how much I like sweating out toxins. 

Now if I can just allow my little brain to be happy about starting to feel better.  I don't know why I sometimes get this urge to downplay happiness.  It's almost as if I fear the rug being pulled out from under me.

Feeling better than I was last night. Finally got some sleep after a few days of being awake thanks to bug infestations, alcohol and nightmares. It's the tiniest bit safer here, but that's not going to last. I feel helpless really, but filled with a sense of calm thanks to music.

Bit stressed. I've finally received quite a lot of work to do after about 6 weeks having nothing. I'm glad to have the work because I need the money but because I've been off for a long time, for some reason the work seems really intimidating and i don't know if i'll be able to do it.

Feeling tired and headachy. Went to the Red Sox game with my bro and nephew. It was very hot in the sun. The Sox blew another lead and lost. Mood is still good, 9 months and counting. Hope everyone feels better.

Like I might have an eating disorder. I don't know why it upsets me so much when I acknowledge that I might have a (or ANOTHER) problem.

- Christina

I would assume that it's merely a symptom of your anxiety and depression issues; not actually a problem in of itself.