The "how Do You Feel Right Now?" Thread

Ixeua

Very anxious. I've been like this for 3 days now. Friday I felt like I had lost all joy in everything I used to love. I still can't say it's all the way back. I don't know if it ever will be the way it was...that's what worries me most.

Feeling really tired still.  I went to bed really late last night.  I just couldn't get my mind to slow down.  I didn't sleep well.  I had nightmares about past dental visits and the upcoming appointment I have for my deep cleaning.  I think I'll feel a little better once I have a date and time, but not knowing is driving me nuts.  I hope they can get me in right away.  Not going right away will just make my week torture from the anxiety and fear.  Just trying to cope right now.

Despite already starting the day, I may find myself back in bed.. My eyes just won't stay open and I keep dropping stuff. Bed is probably the safest place for me. I'm a little anxious about my appointment tomorrow but more anxious about the hours drive to get there.

I feel hungry and tired... never too tired to eat!  I took my dad out to dinner last night and I stared at the desert menu for about ten minutes.  I wanted the creme brulee cheesecake; but, I felt myself getting fat as I looked at the picture.  Of all the things on earth I could be insecure about, I choose something absolutely absurd.  I sometimes think I just make up complications so that I can convince myself that life is difficult for me.  In reality, I find most problems in my life, to be extremely trivial; to such an extent that I find myself procrastinating, rather than fixing them right away.  I feel deep down that I am afraid of running out of problems; because, if there is nothing there for me to complain about, then I might stop caring about life in general.  That is just a hypothesis though; I haven't been able to test it.

I am feeling a very small whisper of hope.. there is some talk that the chemo my grandson Nick is on now is having some effect on the many tumors in his lungs....  they have postponed his leg amputation so that he can continue with this chemo... Please Please keep him in your heart and/or prayers.

with the tiniest glimmer of hope..

Garnet 

I hope everyone feels better.

Still not looking forward to going out tonight.  I might forget my guitar on purpose.

Christina - Gordon Lightfoot - not sure you would have hear of him but...  Rush was a good guess.  I am so old I remember them when they were just starting out and playing high school gyms.

Cheers, y'all.

Gordon Lightfoot, I was going to guess, the composer of "Approaching Lavender," & "Minstrel of the Dawn," among others...

Cheers back!

Well, my anxiety just kept building and building until I was physically sick and basically in despair. I made it (miraculously) through 2 services but had to sit the last service out in my dad's office at church. I wasn't sure at first if I was just having anxiety or if my body was fighting off a seizure. Kinda felt like that but once I was alone in the office I started to feel better, so I think it was just some major anxiety. Very relieved considering I have just a few more days seizure-free to go before applying to get my license again.  Still not 100% but really glad to be home now. 

Hugs to everyone here <3

I too received a wonderful pm from freckled :)

Made my day!

After a difficult day, yesterday, I'm chilling. Yesterday, we got to the stadium 2 hours before the gates opened to meet up with the group & get our tickets from the friend who coordinated. There were all kinds of complications beforehand and some drama. One group member suggested the coordinator was scamming us. Another group member believed her. I didn't. I felt the coordinator's integrity was impeccable. And I was correct.

So tension. Then we're standing around at the meeting place and it's hot, sunny and humid. Like in the upper 90sF (upper 30s C) and the air so thick...anyway, I'd made sure I and my husband and son had packed bottles of water--which we'd frozen.

Anyway...we wait in line, the ticket coordinator arrives and we all have our tickets and the gates open a little early and we go in and get the bobbleheads that are being given out that day! And we're sitting next to our ticket coordinator and she tells me the whole story. Oy vey!! Such craziness. At that point, we'd been out in the sun for 2+ hours. I'd been standing and I had to sit, my stomach was feeling...off.

I kept guzzling water and then pink lemonade (no sports drink there), and when my stomach settled, my husband & son had gone and gotten some pizza and alcohol and I was able to eat a bit. It helped, but it was so uncomfortable, sitting hunched over the way you do in a stadium, with the air so thick. But when the game started that took my mind off things.

We were tied and went into extra innings and scored in the 10th. Yay!!!!!! Glad to get to our car, turn the air conditioning on full blast and creep home with the rest of the masses. But the damage was done. I had a headache and a sick stomach and clearly had suffered heat exhaustion.

A shower and a good night's sleep helped immensely.

So I feel grateful to be here, happy that my team won and going to exercise class tomorrow!

I'm so exhausted and anxious today that I'm surprised I haven't taken a nap. The humidity is rising and my joints don't like it one bit, but at least they're not as unstable as a few days ago (my knees kept buckling/"giving out" and I twisted my ankle just putting sauce in the cabinet - ugh!). An old friend stopped by out of the blue and we had a drink to catch up. It sounds like he is interested in dating me, which of course increases my stress levels.

Big hugs to anyone who needs them - and everyone else, too!

- Christina

Had a lively night out in the city last night (I didn't get back home till 5am this morning! Exhausted!). I'm in good spirits. Last week was really tough for me on an emotional level so it's nice to have that release. Hit it off with two nice girls as well so my self esteem has been given a very nice boost. Back to work tomorrow though so I could be completely emotionally drained by tomorrow night. But I'd rather not think about that!

Edited by SongsOfIceNFire

Had a great day at the lake Saturday, didn't get home til 2am, wasn't sleepy so stayed on here til around 4am.  Ran out of my med Thurs and got so busy at work Friday forgot to call in a refill.  So without the meds and feeling very tired I am finding it difficult to keep a positive outlook today.  Trying hard not to let it bring me down and just get though the day without crucifying myself for not being active or doing all the crap I need to be doing.  

Had a great day at the lake Saturday, didn't get home til 2am, wasn't sleepy so stayed on here til around 4am.  Ran out of my med Thurs and got so busy at work Friday forgot to call in a refill.  So without the meds and feeling very tired I am finding it difficult to keep a positive outlook today.  Trying hard not to let it bring me down and just get though the day without crucifying myself for not being active or doing all the crap I need to be doing.  

A day at the lake sounds great! I'm glad you had a good time!! Try to remember that you had an extremely busy week and cut yourself some slack! :hugs:

OK.  Went to excellent Pan Am women's softball final - sorry Yanks, Canada beat the US for the gold.  Excellent game.  Cooked in the stands (30 C with not one tiny bit of breeze) but had a fantastic time. 

So I get home and a lovely lady 7 years my junior has fallen into my online profile trap (Bwaaaahaha).  Out of my league.  She has a picture of her standing in front of a yacht on her profile.  Red flag.  She sends me a message that says:  What do you do?  OMG!  Oh well, I will take it as a positive that she at least noticed me.

Other than that - kids here.  Chillin'

Els1e - Dylan and Tom Waits are my favourite songwriter's too - I was just talking the best Canadian songwriter :)

Love and Peace to you all!

OK.  Went to excellent Pan Am women's softball final - sorry Yanks, Canada beat the US for the gold.  Excellent game.  Cooked in the stands (30 C with not one tiny bit of breeze) but had a fantastic time. 

So I get home and a lovely lady 7 years my junior has fallen into my online profile trap (Bwaaaahaha).  Out of my league.  She has a picture of her standing in front of a yacht on her profile.  Red flag.  She sends me a message that says:  What do you do?  OMG!  Oh well, I will take it as a positive that she at least noticed me.

Other than that - kids here.  Chillin'

Els1e - Dylan and Tom Waits are my favourite songwriter's too - I was just talking the best Canadian songwriter :)

Love and Peace to you all!

Glad you had a good time, B! You don't know if that lady is out of your league or not, just because she's standing in front of a yacht.

Enjoy the kids, how is Leo doing?

Hi, your message stood out to me because, although for years I thought my depression was to do with eating, after looking deep and thinking hard (which I previously avoided) I realised I've felt this way forever. Even when I was a child I remember wondering how people around me get on with their lives when they don't even know the meaning of life or what we're supposed to be doing. I've been sad for a very long time however after being on medication a few times, I'm now off the medication and am now able to control my sadness and rude it out as and when it occurs. It's so strange, it can come at any time and comes in little waves now. Thought I'd share this with you. I don't really speak to anyonecwho gas depression, it's not the easiest thing to bring up is it!!