life is not over

all can be rebuilt

starting fresh

each day

is survival

if I can survive today

I can survive tomorrow

~havehope

ps. there is hope... to all those suffering :hugs::icon12: :icon12: :icon12: :icon12: :icon12: :icon12:

Edited by havehope

I'm standing on the edge of a cliff with a strong wind at my back and I'm fighting like he!! to keep myself from going over. Everything is just too hard and it's overwhelming me. :coopcray:

Sending (((hugs))) to all that are suffering today. :hugs:

Holding you tightly as well. I'm so sorry for your pain, Purple. We're here for you.

I'm standing on the edge of a cliff with a strong wind at my back and I'm fighting like he!! to keep myself from going over.  Everything is just too hard and it's overwhelming me.  :coopcray:

Sending (((hugs))) to all that are suffering today. :hugs:

(((Purple))) I know you're going through a really rough time right now, but thank goodness - nothing is permanent. I'm really sorry you're suffering so much. We're all here for you :console:

- Christina (who is still awake - ducking insomnia)

Hang in there Purple. I liked the analogy though and think I know how that feels.

Still in a ridiculously severe depression (10/10 on my scale). It's incredibly painful and all I can do is hang in there and hope that it eases. Am going abroad for a few days with my gf to hang out with her brother and his gf. I don't know how I'm going to get through it. Normally I'd be really looking forward to it and it would be fun but right now it's massively daunting. Not sure how I'm going to be able to act normal, take part in conversations, etc. I just feel completely dead inside. I could be feeling fine now if I hadn't been so stupid.

Is it totally normal to feel completely intimidated by everyone and everything when severely depressed? When I leave my room I see all these people doing things and managing many things at once and it chills me, because I can barely put one foot in front of the other right now. Taking a shower is like climbing Mount Everest. My gf and I are lawyers and I see her rushing around, managing all these multimillion dollar deals at once, like it's nothing. Meanwhile I'm sat here completely catatonic. My brain is so slow and foggy I feel like I'm borderline ******** (sorry I don't mean that offensively at all). I vaguely remember being able to do the same things she's doing now once, but it feels like a distant dream.

And the world seems so tough out there. I can't compete with anybody at the moment, it's impossible. I remember when I was feeling good and I could do all these things and do them fast. But now I'm just like this zombie, shuffling along, finding it almost impossible to put coherent thoughts together. I find it terrifying because I have to live in this world, but I can't, not like this.

Is it totally normal to feel completely intimidated by everyone and everything when severely depressed? When I leave my room I see all these people doing things and managing many things at once and it chills me, because I can barely put one foot in front of the other right now. Taking a shower is like climbing Mount Everest. My gf and I are lawyers and I see her rushing around, managing all these multimillion dollar deals at once, like it's nothing. Meanwhile I'm sat here completely catatonic. My brain is so slow and foggy I feel like I'm borderline ******** (sorry I don't mean that offensively at all). I vaguely remember being able to do the same things she's doing now once, but it feels like a distant dream.

And the world seems so tough out there. I can't compete with anybody at the moment, it's impossible. I remember when I was feeling good and I could do all these things and do them fast. But now I'm just like this zombie, shuffling along, finding it almost impossible to put coherent thoughts together. I find it terrifying because I have to live in this world, but I can't, not like this.

Yes. It's completely normal. Depression shuts you down and makes everything more difficult - even things one is good at.

Hang in there. Do you have any help? have you discussed things with your doctor? I can't remember. Do you have a therapist?

Take care of yourself.

Peace

I feel good
I knew that I would now
I feel good, I knew that I would now
So good, so good
It's finally FRIDAY :smilingteeth: 

I feel nice, like sugar and spice
I feel nice, like sugar and spice
So nice, so nice
cause It's finally FRIDAY :smilingteeth: 

Thanks Starsea. No, I had a therapist but not for a while now. I think I need to find a new one. I was doing ok until I abused my body and kicked myself into a very severe depression. I'm my own worst enemy.

Sorry to hear you're so exhausted. I hope you can get some rest now the weekend is here.

Thanks Starsea. No, I had a therapist but not for a while now. I think I need to find a new one. I was doing ok until I abused my body and kicked myself into a very severe depression. I'm my own worst enemy.

Sorry to hear you're so exhausted. I hope you can get some rest now the weekend is here.

Therapy combined with meds was the only thing which worked for me. Even under severe stress I've not gone into a persistent depression in the last few months. That's after 40 years of lasting depression. At this point I'm hopeful that almost anyone can be helped.

Peace

Unfortunately it's very normal, budfox. I can relate to all of your post and am so sorry you are going through this right now.  Does your gf know what's going on? I think it would really be helpful for you to see a doctor and look into therapy again. You absolutely deserve to feel better about yourself and have help with your illness. Be gentle with yourself. (((Hugs)))

Thank you freckledface, that was a very kind post. My gf knows and is probably the person that has kept me going! I just hate to be a burden to her. I like being with her when I'm on good form and can make her life better, not worse! I just hate feeling unable to deal with the world and seeing everybody going about their business while I'm just stuck in this hell, unable to do anything.

Honestly I was in a good place with the depression for a long while. I just did something stupid to mess up my fragile neurochemistry and send myself into a very black place. Past experience dictates that it should lift within the next few days and I can't wait. I need to start exercising again, I know that will help.

So really this isn't just a depression out of the blue, it has a specific cause, one I will avoid for the rest of my life. I think I need to accept that if you suffer from terrible depression you need to avoid certain things that other people can indulge in, like drinking to excess. For me at least, that sort of thing can be absolutely disastrous. I need to eat well, sleep well, exercise and have a good, healthy routine. When I do that then often I feel fine. But after a while I get bored and then do stupid things and that's when the problems start.

Thank you guys for all your support, it means the world.

Thank you freckledface, that was a very kind post. My gf knows and is probably the person that has kept me going! I just hate to be a burden to her. I like being with her when I'm on good form and can make her life better, not worse! I just hate feeling unable to deal with the world and seeing everybody going about their business while I'm just stuck in this hell, unable to do anything.

Honestly I was in a good place with the depression for a long while. I just did something stupid to mess up my fragile neurochemistry and send myself into a very black place. Past experience dictates that it should lift within the next few days and I can't wait. I need to start exercising again, I know that will help.

So really this isn't just a depression out of the blue, it has a specific cause, one I will avoid for the rest of my life. I think I need to accept that if you suffer from terrible depression you need to avoid certain things that other people can indulge in, like drinking to excess. For me at least, that sort of thing can be absolutely disastrous. I need to eat well, sleep well, exercise and have a good, healthy routine. When I do that then often I feel fine. But after a while I get bored and then do stupid things and that's when the problems start.

Make sure you take care of yourself. If you can respect yourself you can respect others, too.

Peace

Hey budfox, we're all human and we're bound to make mistakes and mess up. Don't continue to beat yourself up, it doesn't do any good. Please let your gf be there for you. You will get through this!! (((Hugs)))

Thank you. My p-doc told me once that I had to avoid alcohol. The most he said was ok to drink was maybe a glass of alcohol with a meal. Like an ***** there are many times I haven't listened to him and got so drunk I blacked out on occasions. Finally I can see how right he was and that to have any chance of getting my depression to manageable levels I have to live a very clean life. I never managed it before because I always ended up getting bored or wanting to overindulge like 'normal' people. But I accept now that there are just some things I can't do. Here's to clean living.

Annoyed. This guy at work keeps giving me crap about my wardrobe. Keeps singing, "I love the 80s" when I walk by and making fun of my shoes. I color coordinate. Tie with shirt and shoes with shirt. I try to look sharp. The ladies in the office say I look good. I'm going to have to talk with this guy.

Starsea - that's ridiculous. I'd be tempted to have a 'talk' with the guy (preferably in a dark alley - lol, just kidding). It's cool when people have a unique style (and I actually love the 80s! so I'd probably end up taking it as a compliment).

Hate having to put up with these sorts of people.

I'm not even sure why I'm up right now.The last time I looked at the clock it was almost 4 am and I've been up since 6:30. Surprisingly though, my mood isn't awful and I've had a few too many cups of coffee already. I need to start drinking more water throughout the day.