The "how Do You Feel Right Now?" Thread

Ixeua

A bit bummed. I found out that I didn't get the job I wanted this morning, though at least my self confidence is returning ("OTHER candidates? Who is better than ME?!" LOL). I'll get over it, though.

- Christina

no one is better than you Christina!  they didn't hire you because they know you are too good for them!!  you are meant to go on to better things than that place.

(((Big Hugs to everyone who needs one)))

Freckled: I'm really sorry you feel so down, and I can relate to feeling that way. Is there ANY way you can get into pdoc sooner? I know he wanted you to stay on a certain med for a set amount of time but where it's still doing absolutely nothing good, it doesn't seem right.

Brian and Mike: Thank you guys! You're true gems. Brian, I'm glad you're starting to have positive and self-confident thoughts about yourself. It's definitely a refreshing change and YES, YOU can take most of the credit for that!

I am less bummed about the job but really tired of chronic pain. Some days I handle it fairly well and go about my business as if it is "normal", but days like today I get incredibly cranky. My condition is just so weird. For example, I almost never feel thirsty, so now I have to track how much water I'm drinking on a checklist - not a big deal, just a pain in the rear. I'm glad that it's less humid today, on the plus side, so I'll be working out.

- Christina

Pessim - you wasted nothing!  You got hit with a big one and then another and you did what normal people do in such situations - you hurt bad, recovered a little, hurt again, lived, made it through, beat yourself up, looked after your children, kept working, and got yourself on the way to thriving!  Some of it may have seemed, or even been, "wasted", I won't get into the semantics of the word, BUT, YOU certainly weren't the one who did the wasting.  From my humble perch, you've done an amazing job dude.  I can't tell you what I would have done in the same situation, but I suspect it would not have been half of what you managed to accomplish!

Personally, I have a feeling you're on you way to thriving, Pessim - try to nix the self blame though.  Maybe just a wee break for yourself??? :)

Brian

Oh wow Brian, that was so beautifully put. Pess - you haven't wasted anything :-(. Life is all about learning, and that usually always happens from mistakes or getting burned. That's how it works. And nobody gets it right the first time. No one. I'm so sorry :-(

Christina - aw no, I'm sorry. That's the thing about job interviews, there are a number of people going for the one job & you never know why the person (who got the job) was picked. They may have worked in that exact industry, doing that exact job, or it may have come down to a metaphorical coin toss (it's really hard to pick staff when you get more than one really outstanding candidate). Absolutely no reflection on how you did or how great you were for it. Sounds like you k*ll it in interviews so I know you'll have no trouble getting a great job.

Ugh, can't sleep. Ducking insomnia. Going back for a second attempt.

Sad and anxious because of the things that happened. Today I went to visit my friend by bike. It's my only way of transportation. (Don't have a driver's license or car). She lives pretty far away from me. On my way home my bicycle broke down, so I had to walk home a LONG distance. I felt so extremely anxious and scared, because of my social anxiety and the panic I was feeling. I felt being watched and judged. This makes me never want to leave the house again. Can't stop overthinking everything. 

Hi all.

I'm back from my dentist appointment.  It ran a bit longer than I expected because the office was running late.  I'd say over all the appointment went good.  The bad part for me was that I was nervous and anxious before and during the whole appointment.  I still felt nervous and anxious after the appointment, I think because I was really emotional and got myself all worked up.  I didn't cry, but I was very emotional.

I took a letter to give to the dentist that was 3 pages and detailed my past dental history and my dental phobia and anxiety.  I also took a questionaire that I got from another website that deals with dental phobia and anxiety.  I had it all filled out and ready to go.  I also took a typed list of questions and concerns I had.  I put this all in a packet beforehand and placed it in a manilla envelope with the doctor's name on it.

I gave the doctor the packet when he came in to see me.  I tried to explain that my dental phobia and anxiety are so bad that it's hard for me to think clearly or speak much in the dentist's office and that I had prepared this information for him to explain everything.  He was impressed and said that everything was well thought out and well written.

He went over quite a bit of the paperwork while I was there, he asked me some questions about it and we talked some, but he wants to take some more time later to look it over more thoroughly.  He's also going to have his staff go over the paperwork and then they'll meet together and talk things over to see how to best approach the treatments and my care.  That helped me to feel more reassured.  He said that there shouldn't be any problems with what I asked and requested.

He's a very understanding doctor and very patient.  He reassured me that we're going to work together to build a trusting relationship and overcome my dental phobia and anxiety.  He also touched my shoulder/arm a few times to help me feel more at ease.

I really like this doctor and office.  I think this is the start of getting me on the road to recovery.

Thanks everyone for all of your support.

JJ

I want to LIKE this a zillion times!

Hey DF family, I'm doing fine. Great, actually!! There's been very little change in the kidney "lesion" since the last MRI, two years ago. That's a HUGE relief because I've been through a lot of stress, didn't eat well, and drank too much during those two years. I'm one lucky SOB.

Thanks for your concern, everyone!

And I want to LIKE this a zillion times too!

I haven't eaten in days, I tried to make myself get sick in work today to get rid of the horrible sick anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach. I keep crying and I have no one to tell that to. My friends hate me because I ruined a music festival for them by being blackout drunk and screaming about how confused I am and how much I wanted to end everything. I told them about my suicide note from a while ago and how I relapsed 3 weeks ago. My anxiety is so bad, as are my intrusive thoughts. I wish I could get out of this town for a while, quit work and start somewhere else. I'm so scared that I'm going to do something drastic if things don't start getting better soon. I've rarely felt true joy in the last year, and not a day goes by where I'm not anxious to the point of mania. 

No hope, no direction, each day is slowly becoming a long time spent in purgatory. Breakups are the worst. I just want to move on, I just want the intrusive thoughts about my ex to be gone, I just want a better life without pain and misery. Love and peace is what I want to feel right now.

SFCG and Freckled - creepy (((hugs))) from an old guy LOL. Hope you feel better!

Brian

Ohhhhh Brian, you are not old or creepy!! I'll take your hugs, thanks :)

My knee decided it doesn't want to work today, it took the f*in day off so I had to get out the crutches (well my kids did) and the pain killers... Norco hasn't touched the pain but I feel better emotionally.

Just had a random burst of anxiety for the medical things I can't get fixed or checked out because of my lack of insurance, including not going to a psychiatrist. I'm 17, I don't want to be worrying about these things. I just can't focus on anything because of all the stress.

Hi all.

I'm back from my dentist appointment.  It ran a bit longer than I expected because the office was running late.  I'd say over all the appointment went good.  The bad part for me was that I was nervous and anxious before and during the whole appointment.  I still felt nervous and anxious after the appointment, I think because I was really emotional and got myself all worked up.  I didn't cry, but I was very emotional.

I took a letter to give to the dentist that was 3 pages and detailed my past dental history and my dental phobia and anxiety.  I also took a questionaire that I got from another website that deals with dental phobia and anxiety.  I had it all filled out and ready to go.  I also took a typed list of questions and concerns I had.  I put this all in a packet beforehand and placed it in a manilla envelope with the doctor's name on it.

I gave the doctor the packet when he came in to see me.  I tried to explain that my dental phobia and anxiety are so bad that it's hard for me to think clearly or speak much in the dentist's office and that I had prepared this information for him to explain everything.  He was impressed and said that everything was well thought out and well written.

He went over quite a bit of the paperwork while I was there, he asked me some questions about it and we talked some, but he wants to take some more time later to look it over more thoroughly.  He's also going to have his staff go over the paperwork and then they'll meet together and talk things over to see how to best approach the treatments and my care.  That helped me to feel more reassured.  He said that there shouldn't be any problems with what I asked and requested.

He's a very understanding doctor and very patient.  He reassured me that we're going to work together to build a trusting relationship and overcome my dental phobia and anxiety.  He also touched my shoulder/arm a few times to help me feel more at ease.

I really like this doctor and office.  I think this is the start of getting me on the road to recovery.

Thanks everyone for all of your support.

JJ

I want to LIKE this a zillion times!

Dolphin, you're so sweet.  Thank you for your support and encouragement.

JJ

I haven't eaten in days, I tried to make myself get sick in work today to get rid of the horrible sick anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach. I keep crying and I have no one to tell that to. My friends hate me because I ruined a music festival for them by being blackout drunk and screaming about how confused I am and how much I wanted to end everything. I told them about my suicide note from a while ago and how I relapsed 3 weeks ago. My anxiety is so bad, as are my intrusive thoughts. I wish I could get out of this town for a while, quit work and start somewhere else. I'm so scared that I'm going to do something drastic if things don't start getting better soon. I've rarely felt true joy in the last year, and not a day goes by where I'm not anxious to the point of mania. 

I'm sorry you're feeling so down.  I know depression and anxiety can make us feel like this.  I know when my depression gets real bad I lose my appetite also.

Try to hang in there.  We're all here to support you.

JJ

Edited by SFChristianGirl

SFCG and Freckled - creepy (((hugs))) from an old guy LOL. Hope you feel better!

Brian

Ohhhhh Brian, you are not old or creepy!! I'll take your hugs, thanks :)

My knee decided it doesn't want to work today, it took the f*in day off so I had to get out the crutches (well my kids did) and the pain killers... Norco hasn't touched the pain but I feel better emotionally.

I second this Brian. You're definately not old and creepy.  You're very sweet.

Freckled, I'm sorry you're hurting today.  I hope you feel better soon.

Edited by SFChristianGirl