The "how Do You Feel Right Now?" Thread

Ixeua

Thank you Brian and Christina :) Just wait till you see the entire instrument once its playable... The neck for this one really sets it apart from anything I've ever seen. I took a torch to the maple and roasted it. Basically makes the flames pop out! I'll have to post some pics of both of my customs together.

Edited by roadking02

Saw a facebook post from an old friend that said that suicidal people should get over themselves and call a hotline.

Hotlines are literally the worst thing you can do, they automatically send the cops to your house.

Not only that but now I feel stupid for feeling the way I am.

Saw a facebook post from an old friend that said that suicidal people should get over themselves and call a hotline.

Hotlines are literally the worst thing you can do, they automatically send the cops to your house.

Not only that but now I feel stupid for feeling the way I am.

:console:

So much to say.

Els1e - I don't know how to upload photos here (I am 50, a bit of a virtual hopeless cause LOL) otherwise, I would post of photo of Leo.

SFCG - glad your panic dissipated. (((SFCG)))

RoadKing - you are one talented dude! I still want one of those!  I have two electrics, but would love a RK original.  You also look to me a little like one of my fav singer guitarists - Jeff Buckley! ( Is it just me peeps?  Don't you think so? Google him.  He was a good looking dude too, and one hell of a singer and guitar player!  Also, a fellow depressive, so there's that... :)  )

Christina - I have come to the conclusion that we never have it figured out.  Life that is.  The one thing, I think, that is important to figure out, is the willingness to live among uncertainty- i.e. accepting that things change and we never really ever "get there."  The old journey is the most important thing trope.  Might sound depressing.  But, if really really adhered to and understood, it is liberating!

Nite, all!

I can see Jeff Buckley..

Woke up into a panic attack and remembered that I'd been up many times in the night, checking my pulse. Panic attacks while asleep. Awesome.

On the plus side, while the anxiety is worse, the depression seems better, lol.

Hoping to get back to 'normal' within a couple of days. Still haven't managed to exercise. Still no work for over a month now. Still spending all my time in my room but at least have started writing again. Not great times.

Like a husk. Still experiencing frequent dizziness every day, and I've been finding myself short of breath for no particular reason. Have to do a bunch of work outside today and don't have the energy for it. Been very depressed this week--think I'm going to have to try a different medication. Don't see psychiatrist again for another three weeks, though. My medications are running low and I don't have any refills left, but I get so anxious about making phone calls I haven't called anyone about it. Still have some 50mg sertraline left from my first prescription--might taper myself off before I see psychiatrist.

Hi Scienceguy, that does sound like a bit of an internal crisis... maybe try to take things as they come, one day at a time and not worry/focus so much on the distant future? I know it's hard not to sometimes when you're trying to figure out life's big questions --- I used to go through the same debates when I was your age, but then I realized it was all just wasted energy. Things either fell into place or they didn't as I had planned them. You'll know whether you really want something badly enough, you'll pursue it... or you won't. And if you're undecided, then maybe just follow what you want right here, right now? You'll know what you really want in time... sometimes clarity can take time. Not sure if this helps any.... sending u hugs, havehope

Great now im having a quarter life crisis,I am getting upset that I don,t know what I want to do with my life anymore,do I want to get a job being a drug rep be a teacher invest in real estate stocks,do I want to get married or stay single,do I want to have lots of friends or no friends,what hobbies do I want to have where do I see myself in 10 years,do I want to write a book,do I want to be a actor.Do I want be fit or not where do I want to live do I want to move to new York city or stay in New Jersey.Who the hell am I,what the **** do I want to do, who do I want to be.What do I do how do I know when im following right path my head is going to explode.

Christina, your tale of the doctor visit had me rolling on the floor laughing! Especially the part featuring the biddy with the phone. I grow so weary of people's bigotry and outright racism. Popular media certainly doesn't help the cause, especially when it comes to portraying middle-eastern folks.

"Lebanese people get sick too". Hahahaha!

I was talking to a woman who lives in a gated community and she kept b!tching about "lazy Mexicans". Right outside her window was a maintenance crew mowing common areas, trimming trees, and generally working their @sses off so the rich folk didn't have to lift a finger...and yep, they were Hispanic. The irony almost made my head explode.

That's really cool, Roadking! I have the musical talent of your average walnut, so I'm jealous of you--but in a good way. Plus you are young--another reason for jealousy on my part. :smile:

I'm going to take a week off and hopefully my attitude about work will straighten out. Brian, I really know where you are coming from. I've had "the talk" with my boss numerous times and he even brought somebody in from HR to "assess" me. I'm still employed, but I know I'm being watched very carefully. Lots of young, talented folks in my unit who would love to be taking over my office.

Why do all the guys from Wisconsin look like JD? Maybe thery're older or younger than him, but they're all light, bearded and tough looking. I wonder if it had to do with the climate. Or is it just my experience meeting 5 people from Wisconsin?

Anyway, today the American embassy came to my workplace and they offered me a scholarship in the US! It's for a short period of time and I won't know if my nomination went through until next year, but yay, someone acknowledged my work!

Why do all the guys from Wisconsin look like JD? Maybe thery're older or younger than him, but they're all light, bearded and tough looking. I wonder if it had to do with the climate. Or is it just my experience meeting 5 people from Wisconsin?

Anyway, today the American embassy came to my workplace and they offered me a scholarship in the US! It's for a short period of time and I won't know if my nomination went through until next year, but yay, someone acknowledged my work!

Yes, we are an ugly bunch here in WI. At least the guys. :smile:.

Congratulations on the scholarship!

Christina, your tale of the doctor visit had me rolling on the floor laughing! Especially the part featuring the biddy with the phone. I grow so weary of people's bigotry and outright racism. Popular media certainly doesn't help the cause, especially when it comes to portraying middle-eastern folks.

"Lebanese people get sick too". Hahahaha!

I was talking to a woman who lives in a gated community and she kept b!tching about "lazy Mexicans". Right outside her window was a maintenance crew mowing common areas, trimming trees, and generally working their @sses off so the rich folk didn't have to lift a finger...and yep, they were Hispanic. The irony almost made my head explode.

There are plenty of Arabs portrayed in movies... they're either terrorists, or, Jasmine from Disney's "Aladdin"! Lots of variety there! LOL.

Gah that's terrible about the woman living in the gated community. Part of me hopes they DIDN'T hear her, while another part of me hopes that they did so they get to her last if at all in the future. Living in apartment complexes, I learned to make nice with the maintenance men - they ALWAYS came right away for us kind tenants.

- Christina

Edited by neurotic_lady89