The "how Do You Feel Right Now?" Thread

Ixeua

Pretty tired after only 5 hours of sleep, no thanks to the gals in the Boys vs Girls thread.  Still managed to get up on time and get in my first thing in the morning 20 min walk.  Worked from home a bit, then took my son back to doc because the swelling and pain have only subsided minimally.  But everything looks normal, he's just a big kid with big jaws and they really had to dig out the wisdom teeth...so he gets to suffer for a bit more.  Overall, feeling pretty good today.  The Monday night chat really helps as well as the DF Water Cooler and The Forum Cafe threads...really helps my mind take a break from kicking my own arse.  

Well I've spent too much time during work on DF, I think I've become addicted, so I'm going to try to limit myself to checking in first thing, maybe around lunch and, in the evenings.  I need to buckle down and knock some stuff out. 

Hope everyone feels some modicum of peace and comfort today and those needing help find solace here.  

My morning as usual is going pretty well. I'm waiting for the afternoon arse kicking I'm due for internally.

Beyond that, I'm feeling all my pain, depression, and anger slowly releasing.

Love to all of you.

Glad to hear of the slow release Abandoned...just keep on letting go as you can brother.

I am actually doing okay here in the morning fog in California. It is a little unsettling for it to be so gray every morning here, but I like the cool ocean breezes and the house where we're staying is so pretty. I'd reconfigure the kitchen a little differently--but it's nice.

I am still afraid to go in the water much. Yesterday I did a little. I am trying to call up my inner fearless child who would run into the waves and be lifted up and rejoice in the jumping and lifting. But nope. Yesterday we visited an aquarium and I loved it. Saw a beach in the distance that looked much more peaceful than the one near where we are. Will probably search out a way to go there. Will involve parking issues.

Anyway, I left the beach early yesterday, when we went in the late afternoon because I needed to use a bathroom and it felt good to be on my own for the short 5 minute walk to the house, then to be alone in the house. Alone time can energize me.

I am hoping for a rather chill day today. My feet and legs got sunburned when the sun did come out and that's not pleasant!

sending good wishes for everyone, wherever you are.

Feeling not bad, not good. For the most part I've been feeling this way for awhile now. Still have the fearful dread of impending disaster, but also a lingering feeling of "everything is going to be alright" floating around in the background. I feel there will come a time when the situations in my life that I don't like will be a thing of the past and I will be in a different place in life. Wishful thinking maybe or maybe not.

Brian, sounds to me like she's playing games. It doesn't seem to me that you're being overly sensitive. Her lack of acknowledgement of your "let me know if you want to meet again.", statement is a red flag. There should have been a "I'd like to get together again" or at the least a "that sounds good", response from her. Instead of saying she's playing games, let me give her the benefit of the doubt and say she's just confused. Either way, trust your instincts. I've read enough posts from you to have concluded you are an intelligent and thoughtful man.

feeling helpless because my friend feels the same way as I do and I am useless in helping her because I don't even know how to feel better but I'm just going to try my best to help her in any way I can

Hi Anita, it's hard to feel helpless when you want to help a friend but don't know how.. just by wanting to even if you may be hurting too is very admirable and shows what a good friend you are. Just by being there helps, and letting her know that you're there for her as a shoulder to cry on if needed.... I've always hugely appreciated every friend who's been there for me when life's got me kicked, and even when they're feeling down too. That's what true friendship is...

hugs to you, havehope

Edited by havehope

Annoyed, angry, stressed out... Everything is setting me off today. I feel like I just want to explode..I just went off on some Indian guy from this online pharmacy that keeps calling me every single day on my cell ... They call me at least 3 times a day and blocking their number doesn't work because they use some weird ass numbers every time they call me... 66666 or 77777 ... ***

Tired.  For the first time I can remember, I am actually a little nervous about meeting someone for the first time tonight.  On the other first dates/blind dates/followup dates I've never been nervous...I guess I was just still numb from grief and depression.  I guess I really didn't care.  Maybe I can actually care now...interesting.

Questioning whether this is creepy or sweet?

So today I am in the bus back home from work. There is this guy sitting next to me who keeps smiling, then he starts talking to me, asking me all these questions, telling about himself. Pretty cool conversation. Then he starts asking me out, so I'm like.. Uh let me check my schedule lol. I gave him my FB instead. I mean he was nice but to go out with a total stranger is kinda scary you know? Also what I find funny was that I just looked awful.. Make up smooched out, a messy bun.. jeans full of stains and all sweaty. Definitely wouldn't be attracted to myself looking like that haha.

Edited by Cupcake_girl

Tired.  For the first time I can remember, I am actually a little nervous about meeting someone for the first time tonight.  On the other first dates/blind dates/followup dates I've never been nervous...I guess I was just still numb from grief and depression.  I guess I really didn't care.  Maybe I can actually care now...interesting.

I would take that as a good sign!! I hope you have a good date!!

So today I am in the bus back home from work. There is this guy sitting next to me who keeps smiling, then he starts talking to me, asking me all these questions, telling about himself. Pretty cool conversation. Then he starts asking me out, so I'm like.. Uh let me check my schedule lol. I gave him my FB instead. I mean he was nice but to go out with a total stranger is kinda scary you know? Also what I find funny was that I just looked awful.. Make up smooched out, a messy bun.. jeans full of stains and all sweaty. Definitely wouldn't be attracted to myself looking like that haha.

It could be either right now. I'm glad you gave him your FB instead of agreeing to date him. If he friends you, you can check his FB out. I think it tells a lot about a person (sometimes I guess).  I'm glad he approached you with a messy bun and tattered jeans! Just because cautious and keep us posted!!

Alone and isolated

I'm sorry SG.

I feel hungover today but I didn't drink. I stayed up entirely too late and woke up entirely too early. I feel very disoriented and very zombie-ish.like. I am also beating myself up for not being a better mom after a call from the doctors regarding one of my kids and then the wheels start turning and I start feeling horrible about all kinds of things. I need a good nights sleep, I'm sure things will be better tomorrow.

Pess sounds like you had a bit of a break through in your thinking which is great. Your a good guy and you're aloud to have happiness in your life. .......who ever you are meeting is the lucky one not you!

Good luck my friend.

Me, I'm feeling more motivated as my meds are now taking the edge off my depression/anxiety, still nervous about my first meeting with the therapist,but at least its here and I'm doing it. Not only that but I have two viewings for flats also..

Fingers crossed

So today I am in the bus back home from work. There is this guy sitting next to me who keeps smiling, then he starts talking to me, asking me all these questions, telling about himself. Pretty cool conversation. Then he starts asking me out, so I'm like.. Uh let me check my schedule lol. I gave him my FB instead. I mean he was nice but to go out with a total stranger is kinda scary you know? 

Just an outgoing guy probably. Sad that we live in a world where we have to be so cautious.

Also what I find funny was that I just looked awful..

Clearly he disagrees ;)

Feeling hopeless, like I'll never change, like my path was set for me long ago and all I can do is walk it. The rut I've been in the last eight years, I just don't know if there's any getting out of it. I'm afraid there's not enough fight in me. I've buried myself alive, and I'm no Beatrix Kiddo--I don't have the strength to punch my way out of this coffin. I don't think I really want to change. I'd truly rather die, but I'm not ******* allowed to so I have to try to talk myself into wanting to change and I can't ******* do it. I can't be something I'm not. I'm not really a person who wants to live, I just pretend to for the sake of others.

I wish I had therapy this week. Kind of feel like I need it today. But it's like the song says, when you need a train it never comes...

(((Barrier Maiden))) I wish you had a T appointment this week. Could you get in touch with him/her? You never know, they might be able to squeeze you in, especially if someone called and rescheduled their appointment.

I'm sorry you feel so hopeless. Just as a forum fly on the wall, I've seen you go from being afraid of getting any help to actively getting help and even rather liking your T. Some of that may have been for others, but I don't know, where you reached out and emphasized you needed help - something tells me that a lot of that was YOU doing for YOU and not just for other people. I think you have more strength than you give yourself credit for, BM. But I also know the misery of depression and how it makes us view everything through "sh*t goggles."

:hugs:

- Christina

In one of those wish we can be together moods.  Real life is so awkward. Cyber life is lonely 

Hang in there guys 

:unsure:  

(((TopekaK))) I wish that all of the time! You guys are awesome.

Just woke up and feel like I got pummeled with a bat.

Just woke up and feel like I got pummeled with a bat.

The flying into caves kind, or the smacking a baseball kind? :smile:

I'm feeling like a rusted out old car, slowly sinking into the ground out in some field.

I hope you two feel better soon - two awesome guys who deserve a break!

Afternoon depression hitting. Hmmm settling in for some nasty angry depressive thoughts. Bring it on!

As much as that sucks, D, at least you know around when your depressive thoughts are prone to come. I think that it helps with the self-talk when you can tell yourself "This sh** happens every day. I felt fine earlier. I'll feel fine later. My brain is playing ducking tricks, and I'm ready to pour maple syrup into its edges." Yep, threw in a maple syrup reference, just for you! On a serious note, I almost always have a reprieve from the worst of depression at night.

You've got this!!! I wonder if not only is the numbness alleviated, but this woman sounds more promising to you than the other ones. You're a real catch and I'm sure you'll do great. I know that doesn't ease anxiety, because I know my own anxiety is irrational most of the time, but still, truth spoken. I'd like to extend the same generous offer you gave me - if you need someone to put a positive word in for you, just tell her to hop on Depression Forums and PM the "neurotic lady." :cheesy:

Alone and isolated

(((ScienceGuy)))

- Christina

Edited by neurotic_lady89

Just lead in bed listening to the other half sleep... Dont think I'll be doing much of that myself tonight :-/

As I get nightmares I find going to sleep terrifying :-( Which makes me feel like lousy excuse for a human being. Ah why do I keep up the pretense of being "normal" ...

I'm glad you trusted your gut with that one, and hope that you can get to know him better via FB. So if he checks out okay, maybe he's okay to go out with.