The "how Do You Feel Right Now?" Thread

Ixeua

Excited, though slightly overwhelmed. My job interview for the less ideal (but still acceptable) job is in 2 1/2 hours. While I brewed coffee this morning, the phone rang and it was from the employer I really want to work for (it's a medical staffing agency). I have a phone interview with that employer, also today, at 3:00 PM.

- Christina

That's awesome!!

A little antsy/nervous.

Lunch with a friend today, followed up by a visit to my new financial advisor to probably decide my financial future...

Best of luck to you!!

*sigh* Once again, dealing with silent judgement from a friend. Doesn't she know we've been friends for almost 10 years and I can tell when she's holding back? Honestly I wish people would just come right out and say how they feel, none of this silent treatment or forced support...  :verysad3:

*sigh* Once again, dealing with silent judgement from a friend. Doesn't she know we've been friends for almost 10 years and I can tell when she's holding back? Honestly I wish people would just come right out and say how they feel, none of this silent treatment or forced support...  :verysad3:

I'm sorry S. I'd much rather have friends be real with me and tell me things I don't really want to hear then fake it. I hope she's just having an off day and things will work themselves out. Take care of yourself, sweetie. I know it's been a tough time recently. Sending you many hugs. (((Hugs)))

Mother accused me of being an alcoholic.

Don't want to give up the only thing in life that still makes me feel good.

People can be functional alcoholics. You just never realize it because they hide it so well. I'll have to practice being one of those people.

I met a former colleague when I didn't look my best, so I tried to compensate by being too nice to him and ended up inviting him to come visit me in my apartment. Why on Earth did I do that? I dislike him so much!

Ohhhh noooo!!!! I hope it's a quick visit!!

Thanks again for all of the support, guys! No matter how low you might feel today, I want you to know that you mean something here. Not to be too much of a sap, but I really do take all of things you say to heart and carry them with me in my offline life.

Right now I'm exhausted but...pumped! My in-person interview for the less ideal job went pretty well, despite some lack of professionalism on their part. So well, in fact, that they called me back to offer me the job 2 hours later! They need to run a background check which they said could take between one week and one month. I am very glad, because this buys me time. My phone interview for the job I really, REALLY, want went well and I have an in-person interview on Friday. Fingers crossed they hire me - better field, better work environment, and better pay!

Excited for the chat with some of you later, too.

- Christina

Thanks again for all of the support, guys! No matter how low you might feel today, I want you to know that you mean something here. Not to be too much of a sap, but I really do take all of things you say to heart and carry them with me in my offline life.

Right now I'm exhausted but...pumped! My in-person interview for the less ideal job went pretty well, despite some lack of professionalism on their part. So well, in fact, that they called me back to offer me the job 2 hours later! They need to run a background check which they said could take between one week and one month. I am very glad, because this buys me time. My phone interview for the job I really, REALLY, want went well and I have an in-person interview on Friday. Fingers crossed they hire me - better field, better work environment, and better pay!

- Christina

That's great Christina.  If they ask for references I'll be happy to provide one.  Just have them create an account at DF and send a PM to PessimOptimist.  

- Christina

That's grrrreat news, I'm so excited for you :-D the little I know about you I'm sure that you will be an asset wherever you decide to work.

Congratulations, more power to ya..

- Christina

That's great Christina.  If they ask for references I'll be happy to provide one.  Just have them create an account at DF and send a PM to PessimOptimist.  

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

this is how I've felt for the last 7/8 years. I wrote this a couple of days ago.

'Please don't see me'

Head pendant between two shadows of former might,

Optics veined by oppression,

Obscuring my sight.

A teardrop clings to the last obstacle that restrains,

But the weight of melancholy sets it free,

Leaving a wake of anger down my cheek.

A benevolent caress would shatter my fragile frame,

Exposing a plathora of emotion that holds me captive,

Clasping my hair, the pain is evident.

Black hearted, paunch replete with repugnance,

By fabrication,

Struggle do I to hide my translucency.

This pretty much sums me up :-(

I'm doing good in some aspects of my life, including looking for new positive relationships.

But the problem is that there's so many negative thoughts swirling around in my head, it makes me feel like crap all the time and it spins easily out of control. I admit that I'm having a damn hard time trying to at least stablize myself. This mountain-sized amount of negativity is just so unnecessary.

Edited by The_Unwanted

Mother accused me of being an alcoholic.

Don't want to give up the only thing in life that still makes me feel good.

People can be functional alcoholics. You just never realize it because they hide it so well. I'll have to practice being one of those people.

I've been there. Try to remember that alcohol hurts your body and it only makes you feel good for a little while before it makes your mood crash. It contributes to depression in the long run, too. Please take care of yourself. 

Peace

Im in the typical mood where I hate everyone.but at the same time need the closeness and tenderness of a woman next to me. Im so lonely I catch myself picturing my future with every new woman i meet. I get rejected by every girl i ever meet in a bar or party. I know I'm not that bad looking and i had a girl who was well not to be too cruel, was not that great looking and she shot me down like i was the ugliest guy in the room. Im just trying to figure out whats so damn unattractive about me.