Sign in to follow this  
Ixeua

The "how Do You Feel Right Now?" Thread

I'm undecided as to how I feel right now.  I'm relieved that I made it through my appointment, even though it was difficult.  Got home from the appointment a few hours ago.  Was really tired so I slept awhile.  The pain medication is starting to wear off.  It's almost gone now.  The good thing is that my pain level now is much better than it was before the procedure.

The appointment made me come to a decision.  When I got home today I called up a local sedation dentist's office and made a new patient appointment.  At least the next time I need work done I can get nitrous oxide or something to help me relax.

I was a nervous wreck at my appointment this morning.  I was shaking because I was so scared and anxious.  I'm hard to numb for dental work, so I always need extra medication.  Often times during the procedure.  Today I got a topical anestethic and five shots of Novocaine.  One of the shots was about a half an hour into the procedure.  Sitting in a dentists chair for two hours is no cake walk.

Despite all the problems I made it through.  I posted more about this in another thread.

Thanks for all of your support.

Feeling like a loser self absorbed selfish person. I don't know why. I feel guilty because my mom is upset over me I choose my fiancé over the dog. Mom going on about how she feels depressed, but tells me I am only dealing with life. I just don't care about my mom's issues while trying to deal with my own depression. So worried about getting this job or not or what I am going to do. It is consuming me having trouble focusing on other's worry makes me seem selfish. I want work to approve the transfer. They want to give me more houes, but I say no. Have family commitments bext week and dont won't to go over full time this week. I feel screwing myself out of this transfer.

People want to do stuff with me outside of work, but it is too far to travel. I enjoy comfort of my home ha.

I feel like a jerk.

Paying attention to anything is usually really hard for me, but especially today. I started watching a film I wanted to watch and turned it off after 6 minutes because I just wasn't interested anymore. I thought about doing some art but then realised I wasn't that interested. I couldn't even pay attention to youtube videos about my favourite things that were only a couple of minutes long. I used to be better, but having no attention span makes things so frustrating because I can't do anything even the things I enjoy :(

Paying attention to anything is usually really hard for me, but especially today. I started watching a film I wanted to watch and turned it off after 6 minutes because I just wasn't interested anymore. I thought about doing some art but then realised I wasn't that interested. I couldn't even pay attention to youtube videos about my favourite things that were only a couple of minutes long. I used to be better, but having no attention span makes things so frustrating because I can't do anything even the things I enjoy :(

Mehhh! Depression does the same to me. It seems like my attention span is the last thing to come back after I start feeling a bit better. I might be the queen of starting things and not finishing them. I hope something keeps your attention soon  :flowers:

- Christina

Mehhh! Depression does the same to me. It seems like my attention span is the last thing to come back after I start feeling a bit better. I might be the queen of starting things and not finishing them. I hope something keeps your attention soon  :flowers:

- Christina

Same, except I return only to start over from the beginning and then the cycle repeats *looks both ways*

I'm feeling okay. I woke up really anxious today. I didn't really know I felt down until I cried through a third of my therapist's appointment  (normally I feel at least halfway pulled together and I rarely cry these days). I think I brushed a lot of my pain under the rug for years and sometimes it comes blowing out in giant gusts.

Right now though, I'm fine. I'd like to write some tonight, but feel like I have a mental block. I should probably try anyway and see what comes of it. I hope you're all doing okay. ((Hugs))

- Christina

- Christina

Same, except I return only to start over from the beginning and then the cycle repeats *looks both ways*

Shhh, if no one witnesses it, it's like doing it the first time!

- Christina

Really am feeling like a disappointment to everyone now. Just watched a "friend" of mine on America's Got Talent and I really just feel like a piece of . My dreams seem to just keep slipping away from me while others keep getting where I want to be.

Really am feeling like a disappointment to everyone now. Just watched a "friend" of mine on America's Got Talent and I really just feel like a piece of s***. My dreams seem to just keep slipping away from me while others keep getting where I want to be.

I'm sorry =(  ((Hugs)) I know things can feel incredibly discouraging, but knowing what you want still puts you ahead of many others in life. A lot of people don't know what exactly they want. I know that doesn't change the feeling of being "trapped" in a depressive stand-still, but it's something.

- Christina

Extremely down as my father passed away today as I was at the airport trying to get back. Sat in the airport trying not to cry but I was. I was just visiting him and just left this morning even though I had a feeling I should stay.

This on top of my 14 year relationship coming to what appears to be the end and no one knows this.

I hate being on cymbalta cause I fear it will cause me health issues later on in life.

I wish I could just go to sleep for a month

Extremely down as my father passed away today as I was at the airport trying to get back. Sat in the airport trying not to cry but I was. I was just visiting him and just left this morning even though I had a feeling I should stay.

This on top of my 14 year relationship coming to what appears to be the end and no one knows this.

I hate being on cymbalta cause I fear it will cause me health issues later on in life.

So sorry for your loss.

I've been feeling very "blah" today though my situation is minimal compared to others struggle/suffer so much greater.

Sending peace and warm hugs to all that need them.

Oh god, that's terrible. I'm so so sorry :'-( I can't imagine how you must be feeling. I'm glad you got to see your dad before he passed. I know that doesn't help the grief. Gosh, and on top of the relationship. I'm really sorry SMC :-( Edited by Els1e

I've been feeling very "blah" today though my situation is minimal compared to others struggle/suffer so much greater.

Sending peace and warm hugs to all that need them.

Same here freckled, couldn't have said it better.

Tired due to the very emotional day and subsequent spiral I had yesterday afternoon.  Fortunately I had a pdoc appointment and got to talk about all the positive things that have occurred over the last two weeks and then my grief as well.  At least it was grief and not depression throwing me under the bus this time.  I was able to monitor DF off and on and receive support and thoughtful comments from everyone which helped me out as well.  I also chilled out last night watching Women's World Cup. Since it's the 1st day of the month and our Fitbit counters reset on our exercise group at work, I forced myself up 30 minutes earlier and started my excercise/meal plan again which includes 20 mins walking first thing in the morning.  So ultimately I'm feeling determined, cautious, and more prepared for coping with the enemy today, my brain.

Thanks again to everyone for the thoughts, comments, likes, and support yesterday!

Edited by PessimOptimist

Deepest sympathies SMC.  I lost my father in March of this year.  

Peace and comfort to you and your family. 

^ I'm sorry you were in such a bad way yesterday Pess :'-(. Was worried. Really glad to hear the T appointment went well & you had a better day. Hope your brain gives you some peace.

About to hit the sack. Please brain, how about growing a modicum of compassion also & letting me sleeeep?

Edited by Els1e

Right now I'm feeling really tired. With all the stress of my appointment today I'm really wiped out.

For me pain itself is not such a serious problem like the ' expectation of the pain'. I think, my dentist is great, I am often ashamed of my fear. Before I got depressed I felt normal...( or almost normal:-))

Sending plenty of hugs your way! May your next appointments be in more relaxed atmosphere.