The "how Do You Feel Right Now?" Thread

Ixeua

Of course, I have to go against the crowd and ended up sleeping very well last night, except for when the cat started hogging the bed and the dog came to investigate.

Feeling very mellow this morning, which is a problem as it's a work day and I can't really lazy around the house going "duh", much as that seems very appealing right now.

Hardly got any sleep. My poor dog was coughing all night. It was the first night without her antibiotic... Of course I'm not mad at her, poor thing, but whenever she's coughing not only is it loud, but I have to check on her to see if she's okay, ha. As Freckled put it, I'm a bit of a crabby ass right now... trying to decide if I should go back to bed (yes) or tough it out until after my therapy appointments this afternoon (yes).   :sleep_1:

Feeling a bit better this morning. Went back down to 100mg of sertraline and no more stomach problems. Did some thinking and think I have an idea about what I want to talk to my therapist about working on today, but it's so much harder to speak out loud than to think. Guess I'll just see how it goes.

feeling thrown off course. I need to be crazy motivated but just feel panicked and frustrated. In good new I finally had a proper appt with my new T. He was really nice. He was both chatty, talking about my normal life and seriously helpful addressing my warped emotional reasoning. I just feel all about the place. Is that a thing? 

Girlfriend won't talk to me, keeps pushing our talk that we had planned for yesterday morning away, or saying she has nothing to say. Insomnia was also really bad, no sleep last night and only about 2 hours the night before. I also haven't had an appetite at all, haven't been able to eat since Sunday. Dad is also working today so I won't be able to drive anywhere to get away from the homelife. I'm trying to get a therapy appointment this week, I do like them since they're the only time I can really be myself, but they don't last near long enough. Just so depressed, and every one else I know is at exotic places and doing interesting things, and I'm just here.

Neutral. It was only a matter of time before doctors dismissed my symptoms as psychosomatic depression symptoms, despite having depression for years and this all being relatively new. And alas, today was that day! I didn't go in with high hopes so I'm not overly disappointed.

- Christina

Now I'm sick as hell. Kept waking up in a feverish sweat last night. Maybe spent a third of the night actually sleeping.

Even sleep has been taken away from me now.

Man, I am sorry Drakeyfox. I know you've been having a rough time for a while and being sick on top of that is just pure hell. I hope you feel better soon. 

feeling thrown off course. I need to be crazy motivated but just feel panicked and frustrated. In good new I finally had a proper appt with my new T. He was really nice. He was both chatty, talking about my normal life and seriously helpful addressing my warped emotional reasoning. I just feel all about the place. Is that a thing? 

That's awesome you found a nice T who you click with, Realreason. I feel fortunate in that sense too, because a lot of therapists rub me the wrong way - but not the woman I'm seeing right now. Being all over the place mentally is DEFINITELY a thing, at least it is for me too.

Feeling a bit better this morning. Went back down to 100mg of sertraline and no more stomach problems. Did some thinking and think I have an idea about what I want to talk to my therapist about working on today, but it's so much harder to speak out loud than to think. Guess I'll just see how it goes.

Glad you're feeling better, BM! GI problems from SSRIs can be really rough. 150mg of Sertraline has me really nauseous on and off, but I still prefer it to stomach pain. Good luck with your T.

Phew, I finally figured out the mysterious "multiquote" feature. I'll have to put this good use later.

- Christina

Does anyone else find solace in the rain? It's raining and windy so the rain is that kind the goes all different directions. I find this weather so comforting. I'm going to try to nap as the edges of my body feel like it is one nerve ending after another.

Does anyone else find solace in the rain? It's raining and windy so the rain is that kind the goes all different directions. I find this weather so comforting. I'm going to try to nap as the edges of my body feel like it is one nerve ending after another.

I absolutely love standing in the rain. I shut myself off to everything and soak it in. I very much find solace in the rain.

I absolutely love it. People think I'm crazy when I tell them it's my favourite weather (other than snow). Everybody is supposed to just like bright blue skies, heat and sunlight. Rain is so soothing. I love going to sleep listening to it at night.

One thing I'd really like to do is move somewhere where it rains more often. I love when it rains, and it doesn't happen enough here. I even love when it rains in video games like Red Dead Redemption, Persona 4, and the 2013 Tomb Raider reboot. If the next Fallout game has rain in it I'm going to explode with delight.

Therapist appointment was good. Really good. Eased my mind about a few things, got a little bit of direction and some manageable things to work on this week. I feel very relieved. 

One thing I'd really like to do is move somewhere where it rains more often. I love when it rains, and it doesn't happen enough here. I even love when it rains in video games like Red Dead Redemption, Persona 4, and the 2013 Tomb Raider reboot. If the next Fallout game has rain in it I'm going to explode with delight.

Therapist appointment was good. Really good. Eased my mind about a few things, got a little bit of direction and some manageable things to work on this week. I feel very relieved. 

I'm glad your appointment went well. :hugs:

Good to know there are more rain lovers out there :)

Today I feel like Noah.  I've been constructing an ark, to fill with stray cats.  Teasing.  The reference (if you haven't been watching the news) is because it is flooding here, where I live.  There was a fierce thunderstorm last night, the only time I experienced anything like that before was when I was forced to sleep outside during a tropical storm.  Never let it be said, that I lived a dull life.  lol  Oh and if you are someone who prays for rain, try to be a little more specific in your requests.  It's been dumping here for the past month.

I've been feeling better today. Had a very productive session at the gym followed by finishing off all of the remaining housework. I even managed to handle a sudden attack of depersonalisation and derealisation (which predictably struck just as I was crossing a road) without panicking too much. Here's hoping I can build on this tomorrow!

Feel a bit better today. I went for a run last night. I got out of the house today and I'm doing some work at school. I sent an email i've been avoiding sending for a week. 

Now... if only I could bring myself to make a phone call...

I am exceptionally overwhelmed and as much as I would like to dump my cares onto this post, it would be a very long read indeed.

Today, I don't want to go home to my house. I am at my parent's house sorting through their clutter as they are putting their house up for sale and need help packing things up. Everyone is working and I feel utterly alone. This is typical for me. If I am at home, my bf works nightshift and I see him maybe 2 hrs a day. The rest of the time I walk like a ghost in my own home. I would go out but I live in a very crime ridden part of the city. Police are always on my block and I'm afraid of getting stabbed or robbed if I go out for a walk. I guess that's the silver lining about being at my parent's house. I might go for a walk here.

It's an odd rant but nerd culture is dead. We were the social rejects 10 years ago and now I can't scroll through my facebook without coming across the people who picked on me in high school pretending to like star wars. So thanks guys, I stopped liking nerd stuff because of you.

It's an odd rant but nerd culture is dead. We were the social rejects 10 years ago and now I can't scroll through my facebook without coming across the people who picked on me in high school pretending to like star wars. So thanks guys, I stopped liking nerd stuff because of you.

I must be an older generation nerd. I still watch Star Trek (original and TNG). I also recently discovered "Farscape", a late 1990s TV series which I borrow from the library. Good, old timey space opera!! I like Dr. Who. I read sci-fi.

Anyway, much of my identity is "nerd". I'm proud of it!

What I think killed nerd culture is when pop culture decided to try and make it trendy when they started running out of original ideas.  MMORPGs use to pander towards number crunching, LARPers; now you can't even log into World of Warcraft without being forced into a Facebook game.  Oh and science fiction movies have been deplorable since the end of the 80s.  Star Trek is now a teen soap oprah and Star Wars is now going to be an obnoxious social statement.

Exhausted from my therapy today. Did pretty badly in PT. My lower body strength was baad. Kinda discouraged me and made me feel stupid. I can't wait for my counseling tomorrow, surprisingly; actually have a few things I want to talk about. Actually gathering the courage and just spitting those things out is another story, however...  :ermm:

I had my first day of individual DBT therapy today. This will be my 3rd therapist in 3 months - the first 2 told me they couldn't help me, and they weren't a good personality fit anyway. I don't think this one is either. I'm not a difficult person to get along with in "real life," but in "therapy life," I get the idea that I rub people the wrong way. Also, I have an eating disorder history and issues with my physical appearance. This new therapist is a bigger lady and I don't want to offend her by taking about how fat I am when realistically my BMI is normal. I'm not sure what to do.

Kind of funny how you are wishing for rain and right below I am complaining about it.  ha ha.  It has literally been raining here relentlessly since the beginning of Spring.  I live in Houston, right where it flooded badly last night.  Luckily none of my cars got flooded.  Fallout games from my experience are intended to feel desolate; so, they try to make it the environments as bleak as possible; unlike the ES series where they go all out on the environment.  Though, if you play on the PC, I'd imagine the modding community would come up with an abundance of weather patterns; they have done some amazing things with ENB and climate mods on Skyrim.