The "how Do You Feel Right Now?" Thread

Ixeua

I'm feeling miserable. I'm 23 years old and I still (after more than 10 years) struggle with acne!! When is this going to end? I'm not a teenager anymore and I'm already very self-conscious about the way I look. Why me? It's ruining my life. This last week I've been under a lot of stress, and my now I have bumps all over my skin. It hasn't looked this bad in years! How am I going to leave the house?

Guess what? I'm 55 and still have acne! In my case, it's caused by a genetic condition I inherited from my mom. I have all these white bumps on my skin that look just like acne, but they are called "foliculomas". They suck.

I'm sorry to hear that. Does it bother you that much? On days like these I have trouble leaving the house...and I almost didn't. I don't know the cause exactly, I just know that nothing seems to work.

Concerned because last night I experienced insomnia due to a dose increase of my AD. I don't want that to happen again tonight.

Very concerned and uneasy because my PCP told me today he's leaving the practice to start his own and won't take Medicare or other health insurance. His patients who follow him will have to pay for all costs up front and some can get some reimbursement from their insurance companies. Obviously he wants nothing to do with insurance. Medicare will not go along with that. So my husband and I just lost our family doctor.

There's an NP in the practice with whom we signed up for today. It's scary because he was a wonderful doctor for us and now we're left high and dry with an NP we don't know. But at least we have her. We live in a small rural area and doctor's don't want to come here. Doctor's don't want to accept the lesser payments from Medicare.

I've been feeling so good lately and don't really know why I'm starting to sink a bit. Classes have been going well and I'm even making extra money on the side with writing. Maybe it's a winter thing, or I just have limited fuel.

Alone.

People just plain don't like me.

Other people can tolerate their problems because at the end of the day there's always going to be people there for them,but not for me.

People treat me badly, they always drop me for somebody better. There's almost nobody I feel safe with because I know that they think I'm an annoying jerk and that they'll be rid of me sooner or later.

I'm surrounded by people who don't care about the topic very much and who are just glad when the work is easy in class.

I dislike them, but if I was really any better I'd have better peers. I must have really failed at life for this to be the environment for me...

Edited by Licorice

Annoyed with microsoft for basically forcing me shut down my computer and install windows 8.1 which I didn't even want to do in the first place, then it took almost 2 hours to do on my slow computer. And I was looking forward to spending a few hours chillin on the DF. Now I'm so tired I have to go to bed soon.

I actually feel good this morning. I finally had a decent night's sleep and think that my new medication, Viibryd, is beginning to work well. I've been on quite a ride of 3 different psych medications in the last 5 months - not easy at my age. I'm a senior.

I finally had the DNA GeneSight test by Assurex Health and it suggested Viibryd as one of the meds what would work well for me. I'm so pleased I had this test. I wish everyone who's meds aren't working well would take this test. It's available in the USA and a couple Canadian provinces. Do a google search for more information.