The "how Do You Feel Right Now?" Thread

Ixeua

I feel very relieved that my new medication, Zoloft, seems to be working since the last increase to 200 mgs. I'm so very grateful and hope it lasts. I feel pain from my sciatic nerves, but would rather be in physical pain then mental pain. I'm doing my exercises to help and am walking on my treadmill daily which helps depression and my physical and mental well being. Yes, I do have to push myself on the darned thing.

I feel badly that not everyone here is feeling good and hope everyone can feel the relief I finally feel very soon. I see my doctor regularly and we've tweaked my medications. It's tough, but one must stick with it and keep trying. There is a DNA test which will help to diagnose the medications that might help better then others. I've had this done. Ask your doctor about this test if your medication isn't working well.

God I feel for all you who are down! And I feel elated for those of you doing well!

Personally, I feel like a burden on everyone and unworthy of my job and my kids and friends etc. I want to cry but can't get up the energy to do it. I am lonely, but don't know if I'll ever trust anyone ever again. I'm deflated, guilty, ashamed.

But, as s***ty as I feel now, I know it will pass and I will feel well again. So will you.

Today I had a bad painful night and it must have gotten to me. I just took an anxiety medication because I had this feeling of dread and fear of my depression returning all morning. The medication helped. I have to expect that living with chronic pain will cause depression on it's own, let alone being diagnosed with major depressive disorder and anxiety disorder.

When I panic I need to realize that these things take time. My psych meds have been being adjusted over the past two months. I also may have exercised just a bit too much yesterday which could have accounted for some of the pain last night. Who knows? It's a fine line.

Today I'm grateful for my anti-anxiety medication and my anti-depression medication.

Pretty good but irratable......day 2 no smoking. :taz:

Yay! That's great news.

I just passed 2 weeks without a drink. Almost succumbed last night but was able to talk myself down.

I'm glad I don't have both battles to fight, cigarettes are enough, drink is another story. I really, really have to be careful not to cheat even once, my credit cards would be ready to spend.

I feel a general sense of peace that is being periodically interrupted by a "welling up" in my core. Upon a quick "check-in" and I realize that I wasn't breathing! Now I'm chuckling a bit at that.

It's amazing how little attention I put towards the sensations throughout my body. They have always been ignored unless they really knocked hard on my nervous system. The tension in my jaw, the apnea (not breathing), the surge of energy that floods in my chest whenever I feel elation, excitement or anxiety. The pressure upon my chest when I feel downtrodden or a sense of loss.

Now I'm getting side tracked.

Right now I'm doing OK. Delightfully OK. I'm not brimming with happiness, but am quite content with contentment!

Well done JD and Flash! JD that is quite an achievement. :bow:

Ashamed. Defective.

Thanks Fizzle.

I've still got plenty of shame and defectivity going on inside of me too. Had a rough weekend interacting with my soon-to-be-ex. She is the queen of mind games.

Envious of someone...guilty about feeling envious

I find myself being envious, and even resentful of people who always seem to be in the right place at the right time. They seem to suffer few, if any setbacks.

As I've said before, my life is strictly governed by Murphy's Law. If something "good" happens occasionally, it's immediately followed by something "bad", in order to keep the balance tilted to the negative.

I feel horrible today. I am very lonely, I have little to no support system locally. My life day in and day out is the same, just me working and exercising and running errands. I am going to my psych today hopefully to get my meds adjusted. I feel like I have no one and no hope.

I started seeing someone 3 months ago I have had a crush on for three years, but he is going through a divorce and I don't feel like he's as serious as I am. Scared to lose him because I feel like he's all I have--trying to play it cool with him and I am tired of the games. I am petrified to talk to him about it because I fear I will be a blubbering mess and scare him. But dealing with the pain of thinking this and wondering when I will feel strong enough to bring it up is causing even more tension. I feel like there's an 800 pound elephant in the room and I can't be myself. I am fixated on it and can't even work.