Sign in to follow this  
Ixeua

The "how Do You Feel Right Now?" Thread

Been depressed all day. Plus I was just watching a show and there were sudden flashing lights, and I suddenly felt really angry, dizzy, just odd feeling, and then my head rolled back like I had fainted but I was conscious. Hoping it wasn't a seizure as I'm more prone to them since coming off my seizure medication, but I gotta feeling it was. This day just keeps getting better and better...

I can't sleep I feel like my thoughts are too loud and they're crammed into my head but I'm running out of room. I feel panicked & scared but I don't know exactly why. I'm just a mess

Pretty ticked at myself, though could just be the headache. Either way, I need to learn to stop being so rude.

Edited by Moogie

I'm losing the ability to push myself to get things done at work and falling back into my apathy/don't care/couldn't be bothered feelings. I hate myself for not being able to handle life.

I'm losing the ability to push myself to get things done at work and falling back into my apathy/don't care/couldn't be bothered feelings. I hate myself for not being able to handle life.

Falling back after a period when things were better is even worse than just being moderately down all the time (if I understood what you are saying correctly).

I'm afraid I've been going through the same thing.

Very interesting night out with a girl friend last night. We briefly dated then became friends. Neither of us are interested in each other romantically, but she has been an angel for me. She had me pegged the first day we met - I don't know how she does is???

Anyway, I spilled my guts and she indicated that she was attracted to everything about me except the fact that I hate myself and my lack of confidence. I told her that I think I like myself, but the only thing I don't like is the anxiety and depression. Is it just me, or is this a catch 22? How can we truly like ourselves when the very definition of our disease is that it causes us to despise ourselves?

She gave me the usual advise - "decide to like yourself; stop caring what others think; live in the moment" etc. But, again, the disease undermines these very things. Confused, here.

Typical work day for a Friday. Looking forward to it being over with all ready and as early as i start it is half over so thats good.

Feeling ok for the most part.

Exhausted, but I think slightly better than yesterday. I had a dream that upset me, because I enjoyed the dream (about a toxic person from my past), but I think it's just my brain trying to sort out all of my emotions - even the buried ones. I need some Dunkin' Donuts coffee in me and I'll feel a little more human. Hope to be on DF more today and really appreciate all of you guys!

- Christina

Not too bad. Trying to figure out what I'm going to eat this weekend. I threw out all my sweets like cookies and pie. I need to unhook from sugar.

Also trying to figure out what to do tonight, to keep from drinking at home (no booze in the apartment, but the liquor store is close by). The stupid library closes at 5 p.m. today. That's my usual go-to hang out.

Not too bad. Trying to figure out what I'm going to eat this weekend. I threw out all my sweets like cookies and pie. I need to unhook from sugar.

Also trying to figure out what to do tonight, to keep from drinking at home (no booze in the apartment, but the liquor store is close by). The stupid library closes at 5 p.m. today. That's my usual go-to hang out.

A gallery or any kind of place similar to a gallery? A lot of people there, but you don't have to necessarily know them, and still you don't feel alone.

Perhaps even a mall, if you decide to buy an unexpected present for somebody. That way you keep yourself busy and away from liquor. Phone calls to friends, online dating sites, writing a journal, anything that can keep you busy for an entire evening. Painting a chair!

I'm just tossing ideas here, but in all honesty, I have the same problem for tomorrow, if not tonight.

Feeling pessimistic about my group at work. I have social skills, but because of the ignorant attitude of every single person, I can't even use them.

But that's okay. Because I was smart enough to get myself sufficiently far away from them all.

Edited by The_Unwanted

Feeling a little depressed, but nothing major. ADD symptoms acting up. A little overwhelmed by all the real-world circumstances I'm having to deal with. Again, probably nothing all that serious, but it can all feel serious and overwhelming to me sometimes. And today is just one of those days.

Glad that it's Friday. Glad to be seeing my kids this weekend, but am a little frustrated that my ex-wife just texted me a pretty significant list of activities they've got scheduled this weekend. I sort of resent her for it, but ultimately, it's not about her at all. It's about them and what they want to do. It's just tempting to perceive it all as the ex planning things for the kids to do on my weekend with them. Just a tough mental thing for me. I feel guilty & resentful at the same time. Difficult.

Trying to be grateful and focus on the positive. But again, that can just be tough some times.

:coopcray::coopcray::coopcray::coopcray::coopcray::coopcray: No more Spock.

Oh no. Dreadful news. Read that he was in the hospital the other day, but certainly never imagined this. Very sorry to read this, indeed. An enormous loss.

Feeling pessimistic about my group at work. I have social skills, but because of the ignorant attitude of every single person, I can't even use them.

But that's okay. Because I was smart enough to get myself sufficiently far away from them all.

Update: things got even worse.

Turns out that every person that opens up to me asks me about my job, and knowing that I'm still in their crappiest black sheep position, everybody finds it ugly and they can't bond with me anymore.

So despite developing social skills and taking care of my appearance, it is still completely impossible to gain anyone's respect because this crappy position as a slave, pretty much washing loads of crap all day in front of a group of fully educated people...doesn't suit me.

And they have the gull to say that I'm sooo good that I deserve an 8% raise.

Edited by The_Unwanted

:coopcray::coopcray::coopcray::coopcray::coopcray::coopcray: No more Spock.

:verysad3: :coopcray: :coopcray: :coopcray::hugs: It might be silly, but growing up, Nimoy's Spock gave me so much hope, I wanted so very much to be like him when I grew up. Spock was dedicated to finding and speaking the truth no matter what the cost, and he never let those very powerful Vulcan emotions get the best of him. God, I'll miss him. Rom-halan, Spock. (that's Vulcan for good-bye if I didn't mess up).