Sign in to follow this  
Caregiver72

Effexor Still Not Working!

Been on Effexor since May 16th (225 mg), and still feel like crap! I have had a lot of turmoil in my life since Feburuary (dad, 87 diagnoised with terminal liver cancer - only months to live), and now having to place both my parents (mom, 86 and dad) in a nursing home. I have been the primary care giver of both since 2006. So; I am wondering if I should go off of Effexor, and on to something else? Or; stay on Effexor a while more? I use to be on Paxil, which worked for me. I am going to change Psycharists, as the one now charges me $275 per visit, and is pushing TMS at 8K or so. I have no health insurance!

I'm sorry you're not feeling any relief yet. I'm glad you're considering another doctor too so you can afford it more easily. Maybe you can go back to Paxil since it worked for you before. Stay put with your current med until you get to your new doctor and see if you can switch back. I hope you can get feeling better soon so you can deal with your challenging home care situation more at ease.

I'm sorry you're not feeling any relief yet. I'm glad you're considering another doctor too so you can afford it more easily. Maybe you can go back to Paxil since it worked for you before. Stay put with your current med until you get to your new doctor and see if you can switch back. I hope you can get feeling better soon so you can deal with your challenging home care situation more at ease.

James,

Thanks much! I will stay with the Effexor until I can get a new doctor. I figured that with all the things going on in my life - maybe thats why the Effxor isn't working?

I think it would be the med.....if you go back to Paxil and have everything controlled, your stressful situations will be easier to handle. I wish it would have been Effexor for you, but it not, at least you had success with another med.