Tension Headaches And Other Issues

Hi

I've been on sertraline now for about 7 weeks, 4 weeks at 50 now on 100mg

I'm still suffering disturbed sleep, bad depression through the day and awful tension headaches, I'm having to take a paracetamol every other day and occasionally I take melatonin or benadryl to sleep for some relief. I don't want to be dependent on anything. My doc says it's also up to me through self help etc and won't go above 100mg which I am sort of OK with.

I am managing to to stick to a gym routine and clean diet. I am also trying to learn mindfulness but it is so hard when you feel like 90% of the time

:-(

I also suffer anhedonia and low sex drive. I do have windows usually late in the evening where I feel relaxed and content but they are very rare.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had the same or similar difficulties and if anything worked for them?

Many thanks guys and gals

Hi smithci,

I know it's a little rough for you right now, but you should be leveling off in the coming weeks at the 100mg dose. Zoloft is a good medication, but works very slowly. If you try to pinpoint improvements in your well being, it's pretty hard. When I used to take this medication, I kept a daily journal about how I felt. It would start with when I woke up, breakfast time, lunchtime and then taking my dose at dinner time. It can be tedious and seem trivial, but it provides you a record of how you feel. Waiting for antidepressants to work is tortuous for us all. I spent most of my start up sleeping because Zoloft made me very tired after about 2 hours of taking my dose. I also was extra obsessive during this time period which didn't help. I just layed in bed and watched tv when I felt out of it. I also spent a lot of time reading about all of the antidepressant drug classes. Just being informed about all of these medications made me feel more at ease. I'm sorry if that's not much help, but if you can stick it out for a while longer, each day you should start to feel better and better.