Sign in to follow this  
Caregiver72

Zoloft A Good Choice?

Anyone know if Zoloft would be a good choice of meds for someone who use to be on Paxil? I was on Paxil for years, and with a recent bout of severe depression, my doctor put me on 225 mg of Effexor. I am currently on week five with Effexor, and still feel terrible. So I guess Effexor isn't going to work for me?

Hello Caregiver. Zoloft was very helpful for me. It was one of the most effective antidepressants I was ever prescribed. But I arrived at it after first trying Torfranil, a tricyclic antidepressant. I have zero experience with Effexor and Paxil. Hopefully people with experience will respond to your post. I hope things start to turn around and get better for you !

I have been on paxil on and off for 10 years.. At 20mg for depression

I am now on sertraline 4 weeks at 50 and over a week now at 100 and I think it is starting to kick in.

For me It doesn't kick in as fast as paxil but on the plus side I've had no horrendous initial side effects with the zoloft. Apart from insomnia which may be wearing off now too

Good luck

Ive been on Zoloft since the end of February. Jury is still out. It seems to make my heart beat hard and fast at 100bpm. However, I dont feel drugged up, like plaxil. Oh, Im on 200mg. I still get depressed and anxious but am also going through a divorce, so I dont know what is the MDD and what is the situational divorce.

I was on celexa prior, and really liked it. Too bad it stopped working. if Zoloft doesnt work, try Celexa. its great!!!