Lost Friends, Nothing Seems To Be Working And Don't Know What To Do

I've tried everything, being honest with them, telling them I'm depressed and trying to seek help, to the point of working my way to a sort of happiness again. Yet again, it doesn't work. I've tried so many things, from going out and socializing, medicine, psychiatric therapy, writing down my thoughts, punching pillows, finding things I enjoy (which seem to be quite scarce nowadays). When I try to talk to my "friends", all they seem to do is shut me out and not even think about listening to my problems and I have no one left to talk to, no one that seems to understand or take into consideration the things that I am going through, instead they give me the cold shoulder and leave me out in the cold.

So I've isolated myself, because no one seems to care, not a single person. I get snappy now when people ask what's wrong, because I've been left by so many people, been backstabbed many times and used, it's hard to cope with those things and I don't want to go out and meet peope because I have seen how damningly cruel they can truly be, especially when you're going through situations like this. Medication doesn't help, social events obiously don't help because I have social anxiety and I'm ****ing scared of people now, I eat right, I exercise everyday besides Sundays and some Saturdays, I go out everyday and walk. My mind keeps running, and going back to these things and I don't know how to stop it, depression is ruining my life, holding me back, and keeping me from pressing forward... I don't know what to do.

I know exactly what you are going through. I can tell you that people who have never been depressed or had a mental illness have no idea what you are going through.

I have been involved in group therapy, and it is wonderful. Your group consists of others who suffer from depression, so they truly understand what is happening to you. Check with your doctor or local hospital for a program. You will feel so much better being around those who are in the same situation. You will also learn coping skills that will help you get better.

In the meantime, keep exercising and doing your best to do things you enjoy. If your medication isn't working, you should seriously consider changing it.

Good luck!

Hello. I want to say I'm here because my best friend is depressed. She is having a very hard time and started with blaming and being itritible with me bc I was on of the closest to her. I tried everything I could to talk and understand. She refused to talk about how she was feeling. Now I am blocked from her cell phone even :( I continue to reach out every two months with a simple email or a card saying hello. I just wanted to say that it is so hard to understand when we are on this side of it. Believe me, there are those like me that want to understand so badly. We want to be there for our loved one during this tough time. However, I've noticed that depression affects my friends concentration, memory, communication and emotions. When she does have emotion it's anger.

I'm sorry that it seems no one cares. Believe me, there are some of us that do and want more than anything to be allowed in . My friend told me she built walls. Please hang in there and know that it's hard to know what to do on this side of things. I don't even know if I should send a birthday gift to my friend because she has blocked me. I hope this helps a little bit.

Yeah, they don't understand and when I try to talk to them about it, it seems all they do is try to "fix" you, can't ever just get my thoughts out to them and it sucks, then it turns to anger. The main thing is I would just like someone to talk to ya know? Yet it always seems like they just shut me out.

I'll check out the group therapy thing, it's a pretty taboo thing around here to talk about your depression, unfortunately.

Softball, I understand what she's going through, she's afraid of getting hurt further, she's afraid of other people walking away so she does it herself to shield herself from the pain and suffering of being abandoned, so she cuts everyone off and shuts everyone out... I've done it before. I don't see anyone reaching out though, even if they are, they seem to mask it or I'm oblivious.. tired of wearing a fake smile.