Sign in to follow this  
ebs0031

Zoloft Reaction Was Horrible

Hey everyone,

So initially my doctor put me on zoloft for my depression. I seem to be really sensitive to any medication, so he started me off on a lower dosage, 25mg. I felt pretty much the same, maybe a tiny bit better, but when I would get irritated, I was way worse than before. Doctor bumped the dosage up to 50mg, and it only got worse. There was no middle. I was either "giddy," overly happy and excited, or I was a loose cannon, and I would get irritated extremely quickly. Over a few months, doctor decided to take me off of it, I was only getting worse.

Has anyone else had any reactions like this?

Now I have been put on lexapro, I took my first dosage tonight.

You might be BP2. Irritability can be a manistation of a hypomanic state. Were you like this before the meds? Is your doctor a primary or psych?

You might be BP2. Irritability can be a manistation of a hypomanic state. Were you like this before the meds? Is your doctor a primary or psych?

Yeah, now that I think of it I was, but it was almost like the medicine enhanced it. The doctor that put me on the zoloft and now switched me to lexapro was a primary, I'm going to a psychiatrist but couldn't get an appointment until the 29th