Sign in to follow this  
deepblueseesaw

Can't Go To School :(

I've been skipping school recently.

It started that I didn't do the homework assignment. I can focus on my homework, but only when I'm out of the house. Because the house has a lot of negative energy, abusive parents; it's just depressing, so I can't focus, even if I'm home alone. But, if I get out of the house, like going to the library or a Starbucks, then I can concentrate. But my parents think I'm just being stupid for this, so they don't try to accommodate me and drive me to the library. So one day like 3 weeks ago I skip a day because I didn't do my homework. Well, I ask my parents to drive me to the library so that I can get stuff done, but they think that's a waste of time since in their minds there's nothing wrong with doing it at home, so I can't do anything.

So now I have two days of work not done, so I want to go even less. Then I started going on and off, my parents still refused to take me to the library, and it ended up being 5 days. Then I missed 5 more because I was out of town. And now I've missed 5 more these past 2 weeks because I'm so far behind. I went to school a couple of days, and I didn't understand anything the class was doing. It made me feel really stupid. And the teachers just think I'm lazy because none of my work is getting done. So I don't want to face these teachers who think I'm a huge disappointment/failure. But now I need to at least go to class because otherwise I'm not allowed to do this program I want to do next year.

I met with my guidance counselor today and she said that I don't even have to start on the work, as long as I go to class I can do the program. But even she thinks I'm really lazy for not doing my work. None of them understand that if I'm at home I can't get anything done, and if I'm out of the house then I can. I convinced my dad to let me go to the library today because I said I wanted to look at some books, and I took notes on a chapter of history. I was a lot slower than usual, but I think that's just because I'm sort of feeling overwhelmed by all that I have to do. So to combat that I'm setting really low expectations for myself- that I only have to try, not that I actually have to make up all the work.

Anyways does anybody have any suggestions? It's totally hopeless to do work at home- trust me. I need ways to get out of the house, convince my parents to drive me places (because you can't get anywhere in this town without a car and it makes me feel trapped- part of why I'm depressed).

Hello deepblueseesaw,

I do think you need to try and definitely set up an appointment with both your parents and your guidance counselor immediately and get this straightened out once and for all.

The truth has to come out.

The way you feel and what is going on at home. Otherwise you are never going to get into that program that you want to do next year.

Do it! I wish you all the best of luck.

~Lindsay

I agree, you need to somehow make your parents understand and if that means a meeting with the school counsellor then that's what you have to do.

I'm sorry you're going through so much pain!

Chloe

As above everyone is saying you need to open up with your parents is true because otherwise, the case will go worst later. Open your problems and cry loudly, I think somewhere it helps you.