Sign in to follow this  
Inbetween

Doctor Thinks I Might Be Bp 2 - Thoughts?

My pdoc thinks I might be bipolar II. I have had a few other doctors think this. So far, I have been diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder (unipolar depression) and anxiety.

I was on Celexa for 11+ years. Depression and anxiety was in remission. However, I was very irritable, lose my anger easily, snap out, and just flip from normal to p***** off/upset w/anger. I didnt get mania.

Celexa stopped working, and I am getting on Zoloft. Both my doc and pdoc have seen me where I was really depressed, then the 'normal'. I have cycled a bit with my pdoc the past few weeks. I feel better on the days that I take ativan and get a good night sleep and eat well. When I dont take it, anxiety and then depression kicks in. Or so that is how it seems to me.

My question is, does this sound like BP2? The severe depression, and then on antidepressants, the mood shift from normal to frustrated? But no mania?

thanks

My pdoc thinks I might be bipolar II. I have had a few other doctors think this. So far, I have been diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder (unipolar depression) and anxiety.

I was on Celexa for 11+ years. Depression and anxiety was in remission. However, I was very irritable, lose my anger easily, snap out, and just flip from normal to p***** off/upset w/anger. I didnt get mania.

Celexa stopped working, and I am getting on Zoloft. Both my doc and pdoc have seen me where I was really depressed, then the 'normal'. I have cycled a bit with my pdoc the past few weeks. I feel better on the days that I take ativan and get a good night sleep and eat well. When I dont take it, anxiety and then depression kicks in. Or so that is how it seems to me.

My question is, does this sound like BP2? The severe depression, and then on antidepressants, the mood shift from normal to frustrated? But no mania?

thanks

If you want to experiment you can try OTC lithium orotate...personally I have found it to be more stable than the scrip version, lithium carbonate...but do some web research to dose yourself...be careful!

Bipolar 2 can have no manic symptoms, for me my hypomania is loke being on edge 24/7 and wanting to scream. I am on lithium now with prozac...feeling less confused and disoriented after only a week on it...im keeping fingers crossed...dont give up until you find a med that works, it took me awhili

Brenn.....I am not my disorder......