Sign in to follow this  
Elixir243

Isolated Forever

How do you deal being isolated from morning til night without any conversation whatsoever - no words spoken from morning till night every single day of your entire life, including every single weekend. No days out, and no nights out. No friends, no acquantainces, no one to turn to, no one to talk to. All I have is my mother that is incredibly negative completely drains me of energy and solidifies the fact that there is no solution for me. I have no option but to suffer isolated, as I have for years and years now. At 24 I've been isolated my whole life and there is no solution. Of course everyone mentions 'groups, college' etc - been to college, hated it, years ago... too old to go back, and it was a waste of time anyway. There are no groups, and I'm too broke to pay for any anyways. I am completley doomed, I will be single, isolated virgin loner forever. No therapists can ever help me, they just smirk at me and don't take me seriously. There is absolutely no one to turn to and no gives a **** at all. I've spent my entire youth in isolation, without any fun or even conversation. There is no escape.

That's a rough situation, Elixir. But know that you're not alone. There are people here who will be happy to interact with you.. like me! That's the great thing about the Internet, it is easy to reach out and find other people when you are feeling isolated.

Please try not to get frustrated if people don't respond quickly. Everyone is dealing with their own schedules and issues. But I've never seen anyone post here and get no response at all.

Do you have anything that interests you? That might be a good place to start finding others to interact with.

It sounds like you have already made up your mind what you will or won't find. Are you venting? We all need to vent sometimes. If you decide that there is nothing there, then nothing is all you will find. Please don't give up before you start. :console:

Hey it sucks that the forums are so slow, especially when you are posting and are in a bad place and need some reassurance

One thing that really helps me when I am feeling isolated is doing things that give me a sense of accomplishment, which can be everyday stuff such as chores or maybe even bigger things

As fixing the actual problem I have no solutions, I wish I did but I guess sometimes you just have to take each day at a time and hope that it gets better.

I completely know how I feel. Im 33, and live in total isolation. I live alone, i do go to work, but they dont talk to me there (they were my friends so its hard), and then i go back to my empty house at night. no one reaches out to me, and i got to the point where I stopped trying to reach out to them because it only hurt me further to get no response.

I too have been told to join groups or go to events and what not. I am extremely uncomfortable going anywhere alone and feeling so vulnerable and I too have no money to join the groups.

I so feel for you! i truly do, it does suck living this way. I know how lonely you are. and I know it can be upsetting sometimes, when your post doesnt get answered right away. You come here for reassurance and help and we are all here to help each other.

I am always available for a PM if you need to talk. maybe together we can figure out how to not feel so lonely

Edited by allalone6

That's what this place is all about.. to not feel alone. Everyone one of us knows, to one extent or another, what "that feeling" is all about.