What Are You Thankful For Today? Even If It's Something Little...

TiffanyC

I'm thankful for a lesson I learned this week from, of all things, a computer game [believe it or not.] I was a little down because I kept making a gazillion mistakes. Should have done this. Should have done that. But then I noticed I was already at level 120. I learned that I kept leveling up regardless of my errors and it dawned on me that this is like life itself !

Reminds me of what Thomas Edison said after thousands of failures to create a viable electric light bulb: "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 things that don't work."

Edited by Epictetus

My new car

What is it Tiff ... more importantly,

a. Is the stereo good for the choons?

b. Have ya given it a name yet?

Hi Stonium...it's a Honda Pilot. Really liking it! Great stereo!! And it has satellite radio and bluetooth, so I can listen to my itunes! My old car was 10 years old, so I never had these amenities before. My daughter is getting her drivers license soon, so I am passing on the "Blue Beast" (my old minivan) to her :) I don't have a name for the new car yet. I need to get to know her better first lol.

Edited by TiffanyC

Not giving in to the urge to smoke......quitting cigarettes is one of the hardest things to do. All of you non-smokers out there remain non-smokers,

So you on the warpath too flash? Keep it going. I think I have stopped generally (2-3 slip-ups in two months) basically cos I don't see it as an addiction, but as a really bad habit. The worst thing I think, is the initial "what do I do with my hands?" ... stop laughing ye pervs :-P If you feel the urge, let us know here and we'll help. One of the biggest things that really helped me was not the whole thing of might pop my clogs, but an even simpler more selfish reason ... the financial cost! Seriously, go Viking on it i.e. get a calculator and calculate the average cost. Now here's the Viking element - SPEND that amount on something that you have wanted to get to help you realize a long-term goal (not a quick fix like a cruise holiday). It may seem foolish, but more foolish than spending money on a cancerous habit?

And hey, flash - its a second, then a minute, then an hour at a time. You are doing well so far.

I came on here today as to be honest, going through a bit of a rough patch coming off the meds, but then thought ... "There is a bunch of people who can relate and understand". So yes, I am sure helpful for ye lot here. I am at the right side of logical thinking so am keeping it together, but think I might need a bit of help, but hey, thankful that there are people who can help.

Not giving in to the urge to smoke......quitting cigarettes is one of the hardest things to do. All of you non-smokers out there remain non-smokers,

So you on the warpath too flash? Keep it going. I think I have stopped generally (2-3 slip-ups in two months) basically cos I don't see it as an addiction, but as a really bad habit. The worst thing I think, is the initial "what do I do with my hands?" ... stop laughing ye pervs :-P If you feel the urge, let us know here and we'll help. One of the biggest things that really helped me was not the whole thing of might pop my clogs, but an even simpler more selfish reason ... the financial cost! Seriously, go Viking on it i.e. get a calculator and calculate the average cost. Now here's the Viking element - SPEND that amount on something that you have wanted to get to help you realize a long-term goal (not a quick fix like a cruise holiday). It may seem foolish, but more foolish than spending money on a cancerous habit?

And hey, flash - its a second, then a minute, then an hour at a time. You are doing well so far.

I came on here today as to be honest, going through a bit of a rough patch coming off the meds, but then thought ... "There is a bunch of people who can relate and understand". So yes, I am sure helpful for ye lot here. I am at the right side of logical thinking so am keeping it together, but think I might need a bit of help, but hey, thankful that there are people who can help.

You are my favorite Irishman Stonium, but you already know that. Yeah, the cost is ridiculous, but probably not as expensive as across the pond where you're at. I have to stay quit, I always think, " I'll just smoke a couple a day . " This time, that lasted for 2 days and then quickly went to a carton a week. I now have acute bronchitis and it's disgusting. Hacking up constantly is reminding me that if I keep playing around, COPD is around the corner and I don't want to die smothering. Best of luck on being med free! That will be a while for me but it's been only a total of 11 months for me so far with meds. I feel like I've been on them since I was a teenager.

flash,

I have put on over a stone weight since quitting ... I am not at all happy about it, but here's the rub. Yeah, I have put on weight, but on the long term, I am a lot more capable to do the walking, cycling and swimming that in time will get the weight back down. Maybe spending all the cash that you would save is viable, but if there's anything we can do, let us know. So what if you've been on them for a long time ... remember, when you hit rock bottom with the big D, one of the tasks you probably did was write out a list of Why fight on and Why not fight on. Why not do that for the ciggies ... even if it means having a designated notepad and pen in your pocket. Hate to lay the guilt trip on ya flash, but there are actually a whole load of people here who want to see you in top health and around for another bit :-)

As for the meds, it would be totally pointless if I forget the one thing that the last few years has taught me - no one is alone!

flash,

I have put on over a stone weight since quitting ... I am not at all happy about it, but here's the rub. Yeah, I have put on weight, but on the long term, I am a lot more capable to do the walking, cycling and swimming that in time will get the weight back down. Maybe spending all the cash that you would save is viable, but if there's anything we can do, let us know. So what if you've been on them for a long time ... remember, when you hit rock bottom with the big D, one of the tasks you probably did was write out a list of Why fight on and Why not fight on. Why not do that for the ciggies ... even if it means having a designated notepad and pen in your pocket. Hate to lay the guilt trip on ya flash, but there are actually a whole load of people here who want to see you in top health and around for another bit :-)

As for the meds, it would be totally pointless if I forget the one thing that the last few years has taught me - no one is alone!

MY FAVORITE IRISHMAN. :hugs:

I'm thankful that I'm not suffering so much anxiety as I have the past couple days.

I'm thankful that my daughter (who's facing surgery) is doing well with this.

I'm thankful for my husband who's very supportive of me and I of him.

I'm thankful for my doctor who's tweaking my meds to find the best for my depression and anxiety.

The only mental health forum I've found after years where you can talk about your problems without getting zero response, having the cliques of regulars derailing your thread, or being told to just take it to a therapist - even though you already have one. This one! :yay:

I'm thankful that I lost 2 pounds in the past week and have a normal BMI.

I'm thankful that I slept pretty good last night and am not having anxiety right now.

I'm especially thankful for the fact that my daughter has a good surgeon who will be operating on her this month.