Sign in to follow this  
TiffanyC

What Are You Thankful For Today? Even If It's Something Little...

When you're depressed, it can be hard to see past that black cloud and notice the good things that you have in your life. But a study has shown that gratitude increases happiness by as much as 25%! (Emmons and McCullough, 2003). Can you think of one thing you are thankful for today? Even if it is the smallest thing....maybe a hug from your child or significant other, or you saw the first tulips blooming in your garden, or a friend checked in on you to see how you're feeling.....maybe it's being able to connect with folks here on this forum.....maybe it's just that you made it through the day! Are you reading a good book? Looking forward to a show on TV tonight? Playing a favorite video game that distracts you from real life? Anything!

I'll start. I'm thankful that my house smells like oatmeal raisin cookies right now :) My son asked if he could bake some after school, and not only were they yummy and warm from the oven, I love the lingering homey smell in my house :)

Anyone else?

This is a big one, but I'm very thankful that I have been named the official president of the Buddhist club I started going to over the past 8 or 9 months. Joining in the first place was a huge leap for me, but they have been the kindest people I've ever known and now they put me in charge. It's helping me feel more important and cared about :hugs: So much has changed in the last year of my life. I'm thankful for all of it. Things can change for the better so quickly without us even expecting it.

that work went pretty good today. no huge stresses and I heard a few thank-yous and some compliments.

and right now a little silver flask to numb the pain

I'm thankful (always) for a friendly smile, small acts of kindness, dogs, parks and walking weather.

Today I was thankful for group therapy and a cup of coffee afterwards with a friend I've made there.

Today I am thankful for my cat. He heard me crying and came over to sit with me on the couch. He does this all the time, he is a very empathetic little guy. It makes it easier to forgive him for scratching up my furniture ;)

Today I'm thankful for something big - I got offered a new job! One that I think will be a much better fit than the job I currently have. I'm looking forward to the change. I start June 2, that gives me another month to hopefully stabilize on my AD and feel better before taking on the new challenge.

Im thankful for my parents for everything, a small number of friends/mates that i trust and understand me in a number of ways and especially my dad for everything that he has taught/passed onto me over the years. Sometimes you have to thank yourself in certain ways, like i taught myself how to weld, use of lathes and milling machines, engine building etc.

Happy to have found this depression forum.

It's so good to know that we are not alone and be able to talk about our feelings and emotions without fear of being judge. Really happy that I found you folks. :)

I'm thankful for

-the sunny weather and long days of sunlight

-my new job which is really awesome

-that my dogs skin allergies seem to be doing better

-the americano coffee I had today it was delightful.

I am thankful that I am not totally paralyzed or blind or deaf or forced to go to bed hungry every night and wake up hungry every morning. And I am thankful that I do not suffer an illness where pain exceeds the ability of medicines to relieve.

I'm thankful that I got to hold my baby cousin today. She'll be two months old tomorrow. She laid her head on my chest and promptly fell asleep. This is only the second time she's seen me and she obviously felt so comfortable with me that she fell asleep while I was holding her. She was holding my hair and drooling on my chest the entire time. It was pretty cute.