Sign in to follow this  
ket

Uni Drop Out Returning?

My depression caused me to drop out of university this year which is a massive cause of more depression cos ive lost people and well self respect. I should have been able to do it and now while my friends revise I cry. I hope to get back in September if my uni lets me but I will be there alone as my friends will have graduated and I will be living in conditions below what im used to. Has anyone returnee to a cause of depression like this? I need advice if people think it will help

Yeah I dropped out because I couldn't deal with the pressure but returned the next semester, taking just one course instead of a full course load. I found it easier to cope with just having one course, and still being in the University environment. Taking one course has reduced a lot of stress.

Sort of. I left the college I was at after a semester because I was miserable. With how things worked out, I returned to school 3 years after that. I also had a nervous breakdown in grad school and got kicked out. You have to take care of yourself going through school.

If you see a doctor, they should be able to get you anything you need in writing for getting back in if there is a problem. Take things one day at a time. If you have to take a couple years off, then that is fine. Do what you think you are capable of, even if you are only taking one class at a time. If you don't see a counselor, do so, it will help you when things get rough.

i got depression at the age of 15. I've been struggling through my high school and university, it's extremely difficult to study coz the attention deficit and depression made me numb. I can only learn something by myself. sometimes u can pass exams even if u didn't learn much....

I have add as well and missed 4 complete months due to depression so I havent actually learnt any of the winter courses. Im just not sure if I can struggle through it again.

I have been incouncillng for 3 years now so im hoping that will help me with paperwork but I have failed to go to my last 3 phycologist appointments so I doubt he will help me out

i went back to university after leaving because of depression. i was still depressed when i went back to school and i was even an inpatient a couple of times while i was finishing my studies. i used university as a reason to get out of bed and get my mind working on something that was meaningful to me and constructive towards my future. it was difficult and required a lot of dedication, i did not always perform well academically but it did help me to move towards recovering from severe depression. my doctor helped me by writing letters to my teachers when i needed extensions. it was not easy at all, but i am glad i did it.

it is difficult to keep up with appointments, but you should try to reconnect with your psychologist and talk about returning to school.